Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2015 7:56:18 PM EDT
Any of you guys got this clone and sbr it? Thoughts?
I'm still in limbo on what PCC I should get. Right now its going to be between the evo and mp5
Will be running revo9 can.

I've decided not to go with the kriss or mpx
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I was looking hard at the pof. Lot of cool features, like double push pin lower. But went with evo because I was actually able to get one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:48:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Shows in stock at atlantic firearms now..it has been hard to get though.

POF MP5
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:57:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you seen the MKE thread on the latest batch of MP5 offerings?

Atlantic Firearms has several varieties to choose from as well. Might wanna have a peek......POF isn't the only game in town by any means.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I just shot my POF 5 and Scorpion Evo quite a bit about a week ago going back and forth to compare them directly. Both are good guns and fun to shoot, but if I could only have one it would easily be the MP5. The roller delayed system makes it a very noticeably smoother shooter. Quicker follow up shots and just better feel. Not as easy to clean though, the Evo is a easy cleaning gun.  

I know you already ruled it out, but I would take my Kriss Vector SBR over either of them without question.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I was in the same boat OP. I was waiting on the Evo to get over here and ended up getting hands on a POF5 first. I'd always wanted an MP5 and this was the chance. I just got the SBR stamp back last week and it's slick. Accurate as hell and smooth shooting with an A2 stock. I couldn't be happier. I didn't have any of the issues with mine as others had. Finish was Ok, no canted sight, runs all the ammo I've fed it so far (WWB, Sellier&Bellot, PPU 158gr, Speer Lawman 147gr, Remington UMC bulk and green box, and Blazer brass). Get one and you will be happy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:58:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I have both of these firearms... I haven't shot either yet, but my plans are to SBR them before the end of 2015.

The POF/MP-5 that I have has two "minor" issue, the front sight is slightly canted and there is far more "wobble" when the magazine is locked into place than with my HK-94 carbine.  I consider these two issue minor and will have them fixed when I send it in for refinishing since the factory finish is rather very poor...  I knew about the finish issues before purchasing this pistol, so that isn't a major concern to me.  The main reason why I went with the POF/MP-5 is that it has a swing-down trigger housing, like the original MP-5 SMG.

The CZ/Evo Scorpion, which I picked up yesterday, had immediate eye appeal.  No noted visual issue with this pistol was noted.  The trigger is rather stiff, but not to a point to cause any serious concerns.  The only issue I can note at this point is that the safety lever is slightly too long when in the "fire" position and digs into the thumb on the trigger hand... I heard rumors that CZ is going to re-design the safety, so it should be an easy fix... I should note that I wear XL sized gloves, so my hands are slightly larger than average.

If I had to pick one and if SBRing it wasn't possible, I would go with the POF/MP-5 pistol, but I should note that it runs at approx. $1450.00.  Plus, magazine options for the POF/MP-5 are far greater at this point, but depending on what magazine you go with, it can cost up to $75.00 for a HK factory magazines and $30.00 for the POF made magazines...  Stay away from the Korean made ones at all cost!!

If I had to pick one AND SBRing it WAS possible, I would again go with the POF/MP-5 pistol.

NOW!!  if cost was an issue, CZ/Evo Scorpion pistol is a hands down winner and the cost of extra magazines are reported to be around $22.00 each... When they're available... I hope that CZ-USA will import many-many more to meet the demand for them.  I'm hoping to purchase ten 30rd magazines in the near future.

I should note that both of these pistol are fine firearms, but due to their size and weight, they beg to be SBRed  since in their current configuration, they offer no advantage over my Browning HP, Beretta M9 or my Glock 17 and 19 9mm pistols.  With that said, they do have the ultimate "cool" factor and added value if any gun ban should raise its ugly head in the near future...  If Hillary C. become the next President.

Both firearms where retirement gifts to myself and if you have the means to purchase both the POF/MP-5 and CZ/Evo Scorpion pistols, I would say buy both now.  I'm sure that you are aware that MKE will be releasing their own redesigned MP-5 pistols within the next few weeks, but at about $400.00 more than the POF/MP-5, but every indication that the fit and finish on the MKE pistols will be far better than the POF made versions.

Good luck!!

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#7]
OP, why did you rule out the MPX and Kriss?
I am still trying to be patient, but it is hard.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I would go (and did) with the MP5.  It's the archetypal PCC.

POF's are decent but don't discount the current crop of clones.  DJ Getz and Atlantic Arms make very nice guns with a better fit and finish than POF.  My Atlantic arms is in spec and has been able to use every HK accessory from B&T stocks and optic mounts to HK VFGs and collapsable stocks.  More importantly it has functioned flawlessly with every variety of ammo I've used.

MP5 clones got a bad rep when the only thing on the market were Todd Bailey guns.  The current offerings are high quality.

If you are looking for a gun on "licensed HK tooling" I would wait for MKE.  For a few hundred more you get a much better finish.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you are looking for a gun on "licensed HK tooling" I would wait for MKE.  For a few hundred more you get a much better finish.
View Quote

Or for a few hundred less get the POF and then send it off for whatever kind of cerakote you want for the same price as the MKE, but with a much better finish.

I may be wrong, but I think the POF is a double push pin lower, and the MKE's will again be pinned. Plus overall lower design with the POF being the metal framed lower and the MKE having the older polymer style. The MKE also all come with rails, and come with the slim hand guards on the full size pistol versions(a minus for me as I hate them).  Really the finish quality should be one of the least important considerations when picking between the two as there are several more important differences.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Or for a few hundred less get the POF and then send it off for whatever kind of cerakote you want for the same price as the MKE, but with a much better finish.

I may be wrong, but I think the POF is a double push pin lower, and the MKE's will again be pinned. Plus overall lower design with the POF being the metal framed lower and the MKE having the older polymer style. The MKE also all come with rails, and come with the slim hand guards on the full size pistol versions(a minus for me as I hate them).  Really the finish quality should be one of the least important considerations when picking between the two as there are several more important differences.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Being in the "I want an MP5 clone" mode myself, I'm going to wait for the MKE guns to be released to see what they're actually about.

This is new ground for me. I own several HK pistols....HK45/P2000SK/VP9...and so on. Always have been a fan of HK designs.....but in respect to MP5 clones, its somewhat murky at this point. POF/MKE/AA/DJG/Turner....it's really not all that clear to me what the primary differences are.

For example, the AA guns "look" nice...but where are they from? Who makes the parts? Are they true to the MP5 design...and if not, in what ways are they not? Same goes for the others.

The only MP5 clones that have ever really separated themselves, in my limited experience, are the Dakota guns. Very pricey, but no questions about all these various nuances. I'm not real big on mystery parts....nor am I big on spotty QC.

Hopefully one of these guns works its way to the top of my list soon. More homework.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Being in the "I want an MP5 clone" mode myself, I'm going to wait for the MKE guns to be released to see what they're actually about.

This is new ground for me. I own several HK pistols....HK45/P2000SK/VP9...and so on. Always have been a fan of HK designs.....but in respect to MP5 clones, its somewhat murky at this point. POF/MKE/AA/DJG/Turner....it's really not all that clear to me what the primary differences are.

For example, the AA guns "look" nice...but where are they from? Who makes the parts? Are they true to the MP5 design...and if not, in what ways are they not? Same goes for the others.

The only MP5 clones that have ever really separated themselves, in my limited experience, are the Dakota guns. Very pricey, but no questions about all these various nuances. I'm not real big on mystery parts....nor am I big on spotty QC.

Hopefully one of these guns works its way to the top of my list soon. More homework.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My draw to the POF was the third push pin which in my mind made it into the closest thing to an actual MP-5 on the market. It also came off of an H&K licensed assembly line and while the DJ & Ghille clones are nice they'll never be able to boast that they came out of an H&K licensed plant. It's already stamped MP-5 on the receiver too so no remarking required. Oh, and most importantly it came in at a price which I could afford.

Literally for me the POF clone was a dream come true. It was everything I wanted straight out of the box.

The POF I have runs everything including the cheap federal aluminum cased 115gr walmart crap. It's bolt gap is holding steady at .19. It's cocking tube and sights are straight. The only down side is that the finish is a bit crappy, but I planned on refinishing it myself with Cerakote anyway. I love this gun and cannot say enough good about it's performance . Personally I think it's way better than the MKE and Coharie guns I've owned in the past but my MKE AT-94 didn't have a third push pin, and it had the stupid mag blocker, and heavy barrel.

If MKE brings in a true MP-5K and not a "Stretch" with a third push pin I will likely be selling something to add it to my collection. But for now I'm more than content to shoot and enjoy my POF SBR.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#12]
After owning two SW5, I'm so happy I got my POF-5. The sights are straight, been 100% with Korean mags and runs WWB ammo all day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top