Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2015 12:52:53 PM EDT
Just purchased a camp 45, upon attempting to fire it I had multiple fail to fires. Out of three magazines(factory) I had a total of 3 rounds that fired. Every other piece of brass had faint, extremely light primer strikes. I tried different ammunition with the same results. I took it apart and its clean as a whistle. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:25:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Check for junk inside bolt body interfering with firing pin.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a Marlin 9 Camp rifle, which is very much the same design as your .45 other than caliber. If you have just gotten this rifle I would recommend a couple of things to do.

First, if you don't already have it, get the information you need to break it down. Study this before you take it apart as there are a few fine details to be aware of.  Nothing complex but you can get in trouble if you don't pay attention. There are a couple of really good websites with this information.

Take it apart and clean it well. Check out the parts for wear, especially the buffer and the hammer spring assembly (strut).  Personally I would never fire a used Marlin Camp without doing this. Also, I would make sure I have a nice new Black Jack buffer in it as well as the proper Wolff action spring. These two items are essential for proper function and longevity of this fine little carbine.

After a good cleaning, inspection and lubrication of the carbine she should be ready to go. Given proper care and service this rifle should give you years of trouble free service.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 to what both of them above said. Firing pin channel specifically, a good breakdown & cleaning in general, new springs to give it new life, and FIRST, read  up (or search youtube) on how these things disassemble & reassemble. I love my Camp-9, but disassembling it reminds me of an old .22 rifle from the 60's or a schmeisser or something; they're just more involved than modern designs are.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This was the exact problem. I watched a few videos and took the gun down and found some junk in the firing pin channel. The previous owner had put the upgraded buffer in, as well as the new wolff recoil spring. Got her firing now and pretty sure its my favorite new rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top