Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2015 1:03:37 AM EDT
Am I correct to assume CZ's product "ambi control delete" is merely a cap to put on one side of the safety selector?
If so, I doubt I'd spring for it even though the safety digs into the hand pretty good while shooting, but not enough to "delete" the use of ambi controls. I'm sure someone will come up with a lo-pro safety and fix the issue. Worst case just shave it down on one side. Anyone else thinking the same thing?

https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19167_Scorpion-Evo-Ambi-Control-Delete
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:15:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to order one to try it out. Worst case - I wasted $12.59 and I'll just dremel it down.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going to order one to try it out. Worst case - I wasted $12.59 and I'll just dremel it down.
View Quote

Don't forget $8.00 shipping on a part that fits in an envelope that should be shipped for 50 cents.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]
If they ever get mags in stock then ill throw one in the cart.  Not gonna go out of my way to order one though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If they ever get mags in stock then ill throw one in the cart.  Not gonna go out of my way to order one though.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't had a chance to fire an Evo yet, but every magazine review that I have read complained about the safety digging into the finger.  Considering that magazines essentially make money by giving good reviews, this is pretty damning.  At least it appears that CZ has listened to the complaints and come up with a fix.  IMO, this piece should be included with the gun for those that do not want the ambi safety.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I haven't had a chance to fire an Evo yet, but every magazine review that I have read complained about the safety digging into the finger.  Considering that magazines essentially make money by giving good reviews, this is pretty damning.  At least it appears that CZ has listened to the complaints and come up with a fix.  IMO, this piece should be included with the gun for those that do not want the ambi safety.
View Quote

Its only really an issue on the factory pistol setup.

Once you install a stock its not that big a deal.

With a stock the weight is no longer resting on your hand, thus grinding the safety into the finger.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

To be fair, the gun was obviously never really intended to be shot like a pistol for long. They expected people to arm brace or SBR them and fire them like a rifle. When you do that the safety is not really an issue at all. This is a problem created by our stupid rules that we have to work with. The delete is just really a stop gap while you wait for your stamp.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

To be fair, the gun was obviously never really intended to be shot like a pistol for long. They expected people to arm brace or SBR them and fire them like a rifle. When you do that the safety is not really an issue at all. This is a problem created by our stupid rules that we have to work with. The delete is just really a stop gap while you wait for your stamp.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The safety doesn't rotate as much as the full auto A1 version. It should have been redesigned with a little more thought when bringing out the S1 semi auto version regardless if it's pistol or SBR.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The safety doesn't rotate as much as the full auto A1 version. It should have been redesigned with a little more thought when bringing out the S1 semi auto version regardless if it's pistol or SBR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What? The S1 safety has the exact same throw as the A1 in semi auto mode, it just doesn't have the two further positions. It's designed for an intended use, and it just doesn't work as well when you are using it a way it wasn't designed for. They are making the delete for the people who don't want to use it the way it was designed for, seems more than good enough to me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:35:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What? The S1 safety has the exact same throw as the A1 in semi auto mode, it just doesn't have the two further positions. It's designed for an intended use, and it just doesn't work as well when you are using it a way it wasn't designed for. They are making the delete for the people who don't want to use it the way it was designed for, seems more than good enough to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What? The two more positions allow the safety to rotate further so how exactly is that "the exact same throw"? In fire mode, the switch is purposely tucked in at 90 degrees from the gun on the A1 but sticks out at only 45 degrees on the S1. CZ has already admitted that they didn't catch the design flaw in testing due to wearing gloves.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Am I correct to assume CZ's product "ambi control delete" is merely a cap to put on one side of the safety selector?
If so, I doubt I'd spring for it even though the safety digs into the hand pretty good while shooting, but not enough to "delete" the use of ambi controls. I'm sure someone will come up with a lo-pro safety and fix the issue. Worst case just shave it down on one side. Anyone else thinking the same thing?

https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19167_Scorpion-Evo-Ambi-Control-Delete
View Quote

How often are you going to weak-hand shoot a Evo pistol?

Take the safety off for now and use the new part, reinstall when you get your stamp.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What? The two more positions allow the safety to rotate further so how exactly is that "the exact same throw"? In fire mode, the switch is purposely tucked in at 90 degrees from the gun on the A1 but sticks out at only 45 degrees on the S1. CZ has already admitted that they didn't catch the design flaw in testing due to wearing gloves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said the same throw in semi auto mode, you can't remove words from what I say to try to make a point, it doesn't work that way. The A1 has three fire modes, you can't just ignore the ones that make you wrong. In Semi auto mode the levers move exactly the same distance. Not a design flaw. Usage error.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I said the same throw in semi auto mode, you can't remove words from what I say to try to make a point, it doesn't work that way. The A1 has three fire modes, you can't just ignore the ones that make you wrong. In Semi auto mode the levers move exactly the same distance. Not a design flaw. Usage error.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Usage error? . Apparently you missed the point where CZ admitted that it was a design flaw that they missed... so it's safe to say you don't know what you are talking about. CZ says you are wrong. LOL
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#14]
No, CZ is just not in the habit of telling customers that they are doing it wrong, that is not good PR. Easier to suck it up and put out a cheap part to placate people rather than risk alienating anyone. I know what I am talking about, but I am able to see through the marketing BS that you don't seem to be ale to. I bet you think Extenze really will make your willie grow overnight. Seriously, the gun was designed as and intended to be a rifle, not a pistol. It's not their fault that people don't want to use it as it was actually designed to be used. It's not a flaw because it works perfect as is, when it is used as designed. This is like saying the Ariel Atom has a serious design flaw because it sucks as a road car, even though it is not intended to be a road car, even if it can be. Or that your cheap Chinese glassware is flawed because it explodes when you put it in the oven. Just use it as designed and the "flaw" is solved.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok, ok, kids. Your "willies" are the same size, give it a rest.

No one really likes the Evo's ambi safety in pistol form but the issue is diminished when used as a rifle. They now have a simple fix for those who don't want to dremel their gun. End of story.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:15:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No, CZ is just not in the habit of telling customers that they are doing it wrong, that is not good PR. Easier to suck it up and put out a cheap part to placate people rather than risk alienating anyone. I know what I am talking about, but I am able to see through the marketing BS that you don't seem to be ale to. I bet you think Extenze really will make your willie grow overnight. Seriously, the gun was designed as and intended to be a rifle, not a pistol. It's not their fault that people don't want to use it as it was actually designed to be used. It's not a flaw because it works perfect as is, when it is used as designed. This is like saying the Ariel Atom has a serious design flaw because it sucks as a road car, even though it is not intended to be a road car, even if it can be. Or that your cheap Chinese glassware is flawed because it explodes when you put it in the oven. Just use it as designed and the "flaw" is solved.
View Quote

You are completely missing the point. It isn't about pistol vs rifle at all. It's about using a switch that was designed for four positions for two positions. The "throw" comes up short in the firing position and interferes with the trigger hand... in any configuration... although lessened with the use of a stock. It isn't "perfect as is" no matter what you claim. It is a design flaw because the switch lever is simply clocked wrong for the S1. Yes, we all get that the safety still rides at an angle in semi auto modes on the A1.... because it is unavoidable.

CZ admitted that they missed it during testing and they even explained why they missed it. Call it "marketing" or penis pills or whatever you like. It doesn't matter to me.

The safety issue is not THAT big of a deal but I will still be correcting it with an aftermarket part that doesn't "delete" a feature of the gun. It's already being machined.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Can anyone tell me how to remove the right side safety? I don't see any screws.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top