BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good call my man - gonna send mine off to Morgan to get threaded this week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've tried and tried to no avail - does anyone know of a gunsmith who will thread the barrel for a can? I desperately want to get this thing threaded, but all of my old leads are either out of the game or just totally cold.

Morgan at class III machining in TX

Good call my man - gonna send mine off to Morgan to get threaded this week.

please post pics when its done
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone have any personal experience with 9mm Mak version?  I am really tempted to get this since I have so many Mak pistols already.  I understand the mags are plastic and a tight fit, but are there any other issues on this model that I should be aware of?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I absolutely LOVE my Vz.61 in .32ACp-Its the most fun gun I own and pretty damn accurate too.

Bump fire is amazing!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know where I can find a CZ VZ61 in .32acp?  I only see .380s listed at the moment.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone know where I can find a CZ VZ61 in .32acp?  I only see .380s listed at the moment.  Thanks.
View Quote

Call Jerry Prasser at Recon Ordnance in Wisconsin.  He likely has both but doesn't have them listed on GB.  Or you could buy a parts kit and receiver from him and have some fun! ;)
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

sign up for czechpoints emails. They get shipments in with some regularity, the just sell out in between shipments every time
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Just ordered my stock and adapter from that Wisconsin fella.

What did you all put on your form 1 for model, caliber, and description?  (those who are already approved).
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 6:59:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Finally took my SBR VZ61 to the range. Zero issues using Fiochi ammo. The gun is a dream to triple tap. Now I know why people called it the bullet hose. Now I just need to buy more ammo, lots more ammo.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What did you all put on your form 1 for model, caliber, and description?  (those who are already approved).
View Quote

Bump for help on a future project lol
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I am doing a reweld on one of this kits right now....omg.....soooo hard.

The metal is very thin and likes to burn away almost quicker then you can put down the weld. Have already had to "rebuild" several spots where that happened.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:07:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I put whatever was on the frame for manufacturer. The caliber is 32 acp for mine. For the length,  the VZ 61 comes paperwork showing the history of the gun. The length with the stock open is given. I used that measurement.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The metal is very thin and likes to burn away almost quicker then you can put down the weld. Have already had to "rebuild" several spots where that happened.
View Quote

I would love to have a reweld so it could look original.  I have yet to get one with a clean rear cut though.

Also, I'll try to post a pic of my form4 for my skorpion at some point today so you can see the measurements and whatnot.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I used this to help fill out my form 1(Approved 2016)
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I would love to have a reweld so it could look original.  I have yet to get one with a clean rear cut though.

Also, I'll try to post a pic of my form4 for my skorpion at some point today so you can see the measurements and whatnot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dat rear cut

i think the only thing back there is the pistol grip tube.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#15]
On an unrelated note, does anyone make Vz61s as a rifle with a 16" barrel? I remember I saw one advertised somewhere, but can't even find photos anywhere.

Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Czech out this new contraption.

http://www.csa.co.cz/en/15-produkty/80-caliber-22-lr.html

A vz61 in 22lr.  I already emailed Czechpoint and they said that while they will not be importing complete 22lr guns, they will be offering a 22 conversion kit.  (I did not inquire if the kit would be a complete upper, but that would be nice since it isn't quick or easy to swap barrels.)  

This should be a very fun alternative to .32, likely offering similar recoil and a much lower price per round.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A vz61 in 22lr.  I already emailed Czechpoint and they said that while they will not be importing complete 22lr guns, they will be offering a 22 conversion kit.  (I did not inquire if the kit would be a complete upper, but that would be nice since it isn't quick or easy to swap barrels.)  

This should be a very fun alternative to .32, likely offering similar recoil and a much lower price per round.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very cool
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do t think it'll ever happen.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I already spoke with the owner of Czechpoint about it.  He said it would be announced in their email newsletter when they are available for sale.  No pricing info yet.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 3:12:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I finally managed to snag a VZ61 on GB, although I haven't taken delivery yet, but I'm curious about the wooden grips used on the Czechpoints.  From pictures, the grips look like fake plastic imitation wood.  I've seen pictures of other VZ61s with the wood grips that look like real wood.  (ie. not so shiny and orange looking)  What grips come standard on the VZ61?
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#22]
The military grips are wood. The police grips are plastic. The czechpoint website has all the grip types for sale. They are cheap and easy to install.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the info Icopy.

I got another question about the receivers.  I notice some are stamped D-Technik and others CSA/Czech Small Arms along with the lion crest.  What exactly are the differences between the two?  One more desirable than the other, no difference?
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#24]
No differences at all that I'm aware of.  I believe the CSA/crest models are more recent.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No differences at all that I'm aware of.  I believe the CSA/crest models are more recent.
View Quote

Ok, that's what I was thinking is the CSA's are the more recent imports.

In that case, and the answer seems obvious but I don't want to assume anything, in the Form 1 example posted above, I would simply change the manufacture Info. to "Czech Small Arms, Czech Republic" in place of "D-Technik, Czech Republic".  I'm not sure if the two names are one in the same, or in fact different companies that produced these.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm bored and I think I'm going to add a rate reducer to my Czechpoint VZ61.  Has anyone else done any milling on the Czechpoint receivers?  If so, how hard is the material?  I guess  I'll find out soon enough.

ETA:  To answer my own questions, the material is VERY soft.  I got the RR holes drilled, but I had to order the correct reamer to finish the functional top hole.  I'll post pictures when it's finished.

ETA2: Finished and it works.  The material was soft enough that I'd like to spot harden that area of the receiver.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm bored and I think I'm going to add a rate reducer to my Czechpoint VZ61.  Has anyone else done any milling on the Czechpoint receivers?  If so, how hard is the material?  I guess  I'll find out soon enough.

ETA:  To answer my own questions, the material is VERY soft.  I got the RR holes drilled, but I had to order the correct reamer to finish the functional top hole.  I'll post pictures when it's finished.

ETA2: Finished and it works.  The material was soft enough that I'd like to spot harden that area of the receiver.
View Quote

That's no good. I've been holding off buying Czech point vz61 for the ease of adding the bracket and stock later after the stamp vs the more accurate receivers produced domestically.  
I got some time running Krebs full auto at the last Bullpup shoot. Just too cool of a gun and factory new mags are only $19.99.

$599.99 is the price now, correct? Missed out on CDNN last year.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 2:25:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That's no good. I've been holding off buying Czech point vz61 for the ease of adding the bracket and stock later after the stamp vs the more accurate receivers produced domestically.  
I got some time running Krebs full auto at the last Bullpup shoot. Just too cool of a gun and factory new mags are only $19.99.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's about the going rate.  I picked mine up for a little less on GB, but it's well worth it IMO.  I'm impressed with the build quality and it's a relative bargain I think considering the uniqueness of the vz61.  My came with the holes pre-drilled and threaded for the stock bracket.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#29]
I found one on GB in CA of all places for less than Czechpoint.....

BUT

They're selling it WITH the stock.

I'm sure my FFL would love to have a box o' constructive intent overnighted to their door!
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Just a little update on my ugly parts kit build vz 61. A while ago I posted that I got fed up and took a dremel grinding stone to the feed ramps and then re-polished. I now have a couple hundred rounds through it and it feeds all ammo perfectly, including HP.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

ETA:  To answer my own questions, the material is VERY soft.  I got the RR holes drilled, but I had to order the correct reamer to finish the functional top hole. I'll post pictures when it's finished.

View Quote

Have any pics?

I have two receivers + kits that will hopefully be full-auto some day if the laws change.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

BUT

I'm sure my FFL would love to have a box o' constructive intent overnighted to their door!
View Quote

The stock can't be attached without the stock adapter.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 11:26:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#34]

I don't get how it attaches
Also, 1" diameter must sound like garbage. It's a sub gun, go 1.5" at least
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's a subgun shooting an already subsonic cartridge, I'm willing to bet it'll sound just fine
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's a subgun shooting an already subsonic cartridge, I'm willing to bet it'll sound just fine
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I TEALLY need to get one of these!
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Google what a collet is.  The can is a copy of the original that was made for the gun.  The little band on the barrel was intended to attach this style of suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Google what a collet is.  The can is a copy of the original that was made for the gun.  The little band on the barrel was intended to attach this style of suppressor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very cool
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#39]
I wish AAC made an adapter for the Tirant to fit the Skorpion. I just don't gave the funds right now to purchase a suppressor for just one firearm.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#40]
That's why I jumped on this when Czech-point usa was selling these as sbr's with the 3-lug.  They offered them with a threaded barrel 1/2x28  too.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I wish AAC made an adapter for the Tirant to fit the Skorpion. I just don't gave the funds right now to purchase a suppressor for just one firearm.
View Quote

Why not custom? I'm having a custom 18mm fixed mount made right now for my ti-rant for the scorpion Evo.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Why not custom? I'm having a custom 18mm fixed mount made right now for my ti-rant for the scorpion Evo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please tell me more via IM.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.  So no machining of any kind on the barrel?  Yeah, I think I need one of these as well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUT

Not true.  InRange actually drilled, tapped and screwed the stock end right into the receiver of the gun when they were selling the SBR's.  Yes, it looked about as good as you would imagine.  Of course, when the adapters became available again, I bought one and sent it off to a gunsmith to have it done properly.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if my IM went through...?
I've been in touch with Howard, the machinist they reference in this thread
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not true.  InRange actually drilled, tapped and screwed the stock end right into the receiver of the gun when they were selling the SBR's.  Yes, it looked about as good as you would imagine.  Of course, when the adapters became available again, I bought one and sent it off to a gunsmith to have it done properly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUT

Haha. I should have qualified it "...without looking like total ass."
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I've become very interested in the VZ61.  I'm looking at the Czechpoint guns, but I am pretty sure they do not have a functional reducer.  Did any other other models, such as the CZs, or even the Sarco receiver+kit combos make use of the rate reducer?  This is one of the most interesting parts of the platform and something I'd love to have for "authenticity," even in a semi.

Also, I've been scouring the internet for parts kits and receivers.  If anyone has a line on either, please let me know.

Thanks!
View Quote
To answer the first question, I did install the rate reducer in my semi pistol build. It was easy to install and functions fine. But you could leave it out if that's what you're asking.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:48:33 PM EDT
[#48]
If you happen to own a big-name pistol suppressor that you can't currently mount to your vz61...stay tuned...
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:29:11 AM EDT
[#49]
I am building one right now, got it 99% finished. Just have something snagging, cant quite figure out what the problem is.
Have build a bunch of subguns and this is probably one of the more difficult builds right up there with the polish Pm63 rak and beretta pm12.

gonna take my madsen, sten, sterling and cz61 out tomorrow for some function testing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Post a photo or description of the issue.  I've built and disassembled a decent number of times.  May be able to help.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top