BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Someone needs to make an aftermarket drop-in metal safety.  I did buy a couple of extra plastic ones in case they break.

That particular receiver uses the original factory safety.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I've achieved the goal of my original post.

Note the functional rate reducer, correct safety, and enough material left to mill a stock dovetail.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1112x626q90/540/JOJEV7.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1112x626q90/540/9sqFeS.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1112x626q90/673/xSTB0T.jpg

Where did you get the metal safety? I can't stand the plastic version.

Someone needs to make an aftermarket drop-in metal safety.  I did buy a couple of extra plastic ones in case they break.

That particular receiver uses the original factory safety.

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for sharing your knowledge CKxx. I very much appreciate it sir.

I wanted to add ROBERTRTG has factory NIW five packs of 20 rounders if you purchase five at $19.99 each.
CDNN has CZ USA poly bagged 20 rounders for the same price, but, not factory NIW. I love the smell of cosmoline but YMMV.

The link for the five pack of NIW magazines is HERE.

My plan is to secure a parts kit and get a stripped frame like CKxx.

This thread is why I enjoy discussion on this site; we can ask questions and share knowledge while being civil. It's like hanging out at the LGS and getting facts instead of opinions.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the link.  I've got my fill of magazines for this thing thus for now (Armorer's kit plus several more), but also give a call to Sarco, Inc.  Last time they gave me a quantity discount I think it came to something like $17/ea.  As for the receiver/kit, I would ask Jerry what kind of stock he has left on kits and receivers.  I know that he had the kits for a quite a while and a lot of people were waiting on the receivers to come in.  It may be worth getting the receiver first.

EDIT: Sarco link- 3 or more @ $18.32 http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/scorpionnew20roundmagazines.aspx

Jumping topics, does anyone reload 7.65x17?  These guns chew up ammo quick and it's rather costly buying a box at a time.

Also, here is some VZ.61 eye candy for everyone:

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, a very fun gun!  and I do reload 32 acp on a Dillon 650.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I also have a trident 9.  How did you mount that?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, a very fun gun!  and I do reload 32 acp on a Dillon 650.

http://<a href=http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii126/sbittler01/20150902_185408.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Who threaded your barrel? I've been wanting to throw a can on mine for a while now but can't find anyone to thread it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#7]
This is a factory sbr that czechpoint usa did a few years ago.  You had a choice of a threaded barrel or a 3 lug barrel.  This is a 3 lug barrel.

" />
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn. I had actually called them at one point and asked, and they said they had no more of those barrels and the folks who were making it don't make them any longer.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:14:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow.  That's really cool.  How does it sound?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Man, I have to get my Form 1 in. Don't know why I keep putting it off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:54:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thank you for the link.  I've got my fill of magazines for this thing thus for now (Armorer's kit plus several more), but also give a call to Sarco, Inc.  Last time they gave me a quantity discount I think it came to something like $17/ea.  As for the receiver/kit, I would ask Jerry what kind of stock he has left on kits and receivers.  I know that he had the kits for a quite a while and a lot of people were waiting on the receivers to come in.  It may be worth getting the receiver first.

EDIT: Sarco link- 3 or more @ $18.32 http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/scorpionnew20roundmagazines.aspx

Jumping topics, does anyone reload 7.65x17?  These guns chew up ammo quick and it's rather costly buying a box at a time.

https://youtu.be/omfqF6DKI3k
View Quote

Ok, how did you get it to bump fire?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wow.  That's really cool.  How does it sound?
View Quote

Pretty quiet.  maybe not 22lr suppressed quiet but definitely less than a 9mm.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/omfqF6DKI3k

Bump firing a VZ61 is pretty easy.  Took me all of two mags to master it.  My Skorpion bumps at about 500 rpm from the shoulder.  Simply hold your trigger finger stiff (do not squeeze the trigger) and grip the pistol grip loosely.  Grip the magazine loosely as well with your off hand but put forward pressure on the magazine.  As you pull the mag forward you will force the trigger to depress against your stiff trigger finger.  As the gun recoils (trigger reset) the constant forward pressure on the mag will set up a rocking motion that will cause the weapon to constantly "bump" fire.  With very little practice you can empty a 20 round mag in about three seconds.

Practice and enjoy
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Believe it or not I was actually just pulling the trigger rapidly, or at least trying to. The gun may have picked up a little bit of bump action, but I was holding the magazine tight, as well as the grip.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Czech Point sent out an email I received at 2:20 PM that says they got Skorpion in all 3 calibers in stock.

I checked at 3:20 and 7.65mm is already sold out!

They're not shipping till Monday too.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:19:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Were you able to order one?

If not:

Link Posted: 11/14/2015 1:21:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I was messing around trying to make a peep sight, and I guess this first attempt would be a "proof of concept."  You can see in one photo where I accidentally milled through to the pin hole.  I'll make some corrections to my second attempt.  I played around with the gun and it was much MUCH easier to aim with the stock deployed with a peep/diopter/ghost ring/what have you.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I put the form 1 paperwork in this morning. Can't believe I waited so dang long. Now I need to stock up on mags and ammo.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:52:07 AM EDT
[#19]
You won't regret it.  It's incredibly fun, and very unique.  I just wish the SA 361 parts were available so that I could build one in 9mm, which is about half the cost.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:04:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I was messing around trying to make a peep sight, and I guess this first attempt would be a "proof of concept."  You can see in one photo where I accidentally milled through to the pin hole.  I'll make some corrections to my second attempt.  I played around with the gun and it was much MUCH easier to aim with the stock deployed with a peep/diopter/ghost ring/what have you.

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/2121/MYvGYa.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img907/963/vgRTo0.jpg
View Quote

Interested!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#21]
If you make them I will buy one for my SBR.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll TRY to make a few, but hell, I still haven't gotten the first one right.

Later tonight I was going to toy around with making it simply slide/clip onto the existing sight.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#23]
considering a form 1 for my balky vz 61, but only really if I can use the SBRed lower later on with a 380 or 9mm mak upper later.

Does anyone know if the 380 and 9mm mak vz 61s use the same lower receiver as the 32 ACPs?
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 5:33:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
considering a form 1 for my balky vz 61, but only really if I can use the SBRed lower later on with a 380 or 9mm mak upper later.

Does anyone know if the 380 and 9mm mak vz 61s use the same lower receiver as the 32 ACPs?
View Quote

I would love to know this as well.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Subbed for the F1 wait......
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Just picked up a big brother to my VZ61.  Even though it is a 9mm (UZI Pro Pistol) with the stock deployed it is 1/8" shorter then my VZ61.  Love them both but this UZI is very accurate and suppressed you would find it hard to beat as a HD weapon.

Link Posted: 1/4/2016 2:08:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Very interesting.  Nice size comparison.  That uzi really is tiny!

Link Posted: 1/4/2016 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone have a link for a step-by-step tutorial for converting the VZ61 to an SBR?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 2:23:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anyone have a link for a step-by-step tutorial for converting the VZ61 to an SBR?
View Quote

I'm assuming you do not have the receiver that is pre-tapped?

Do you have a mill, or drill press?

EDIT: or do you mean the paperwork?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Does 922r apply to the scorpion, if so is there any us made parts we can buy to meet requirements?
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#31]
deleted
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Does 922r apply to the scorpion, if so is there any us made parts we can buy to meet requirements?
View Quote

922r applies to all non-sporting rifles.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm good with the paperwork aspect.

I mean the actual physical and mechanical conversion to SBR.  Mine is the version that CDNN was blowing out for $300-400 a few years back.  It's got a plastic safety that is currently broken.

So, I don't know if the receiver is pre-tapped.  i'll go look in a minute.

EDIT:  I have not done an SBR conversion yet, this will be my first I think.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Magazine sale.  If you get to the "3 or more" price, that's a great deal.

http://www.clearviewinvest.com/vz61magpouchwith220rdmags32acp765x17.aspx
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, I got bored again.  

There is a bit more going on in there than meets the eye.  The grip is milled down the same thickness as the adapter so that the overall length of the grip is unchanged.  It's also clearanced for the trigger guard internally.  It seems to work pretty well for the "taut sling" style of large pistol shooting, and the pistol rests nicely at your waist.  I'll try shooting it tomorrow and revise from there.  I may try to make one that can clear the stock.  Either way, I need to make another that isn't cut from a floor scrap.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I saw that too.  Recon Ordnance doesn't have them listed on their website, be he carries them as well and you have to call to order. I bought a couple from Czechpoint USA as well yesterday to compare them.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just got a email from czechpoint and the vz61 plate dovetail is now back in stock.

I saw that too.  Recon Ordnance doesn't have them listed on their website, be he carries them as well and you have to call to order. I bought a couple from Czechpoint USA as well yesterday to compare them.

got my from recon. Was planning on doing a reweld, but boy those walls are thin....this might be a tough job.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:41:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

.....sigh.....guess I need to buy 10
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:42:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, I can't blame you.  I have...quite a few.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Form just got approved today!
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Form just got approved today!
View Quote

Pics! (the gun, not the form!)
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#41]
finally got fed up with my feed problems and took a dremel to the feed ramps. rounded off the edge/lip from the ramps on the bottom to the chamber itself (tried not to take off enough material that the round is unsupported) and polished the heck out of the ramps and mouth of the chamber. End result... it feeds properly now

I'll wait to call it a success until a range test, but this may very well be the first time grabbing the dremel in frustration actually fixed a problem.

Backstory: this was a parts kit build with an unknown origin non-original barrel. Feed ramps are pretty different from those on an actual czech barrel. I've been fighting with this off and on for over a year. Tried half a dozen different mags, God know how many different brands of ammo, greasing oiling and fussing with everything imaginable. No matter what I tried, it would jam on feed with the round cocked up half in the chamber 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Got to the range yesterday, my rage dremel grinding and polishing seemed to do the job. I can't be sure because halfway through the first magazine I got a squib, my first ever. Seemed to be primer and no powder, bullet lodged right past the chamber. Had to wait until I got home to tap it out. Geco ammo (I thought it was Win white box, but that was in the other mag)

Fed perfectly before that happened. It seems that the transition from the ramps to the chamber was sharp enough that the edge of the case could catch.

in a few paychecks it might be time to put in for the stamp.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Picked up a VZ-61 in .380 ACP, and took it to the range over the weekend.

It's much nicer than the .32 ACP one.  My 32 would only run with FMJ, and only with Euro spec ammo.  

The .380 one worked fine with Federal FMJ ammo, PPU ammo, Wolk steel case, and Horaday hollow points.

.380 is a decent enough caliber with hollow points now, that the pistol is more than just a range toy.  With a 20 round mag, and stuffed full of good hollow points, it's a legitmate weapon.

Also, the .380 barrel is .53 inches OD, so I can thread it, and put a can on it, which is going to look super cool, and with the low amount of powder in a .380 round, it should be very quiet as well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn, missed out!  I have plenty of mags, but I'm a mag whore so I would have bought more.. How much were they?  CDNN has them for $19.99 and they have gone on sale for $14.99 so I'm guessing this was cheaper.

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I've tried and tried to no avail - does anyone know of a gunsmith who will thread the barrel for a can? I desperately want to get this thing threaded, but all of my old leads are either out of the game or just totally cold.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've tried and tried to no avail - does anyone know of a gunsmith who will thread the barrel for a can? I desperately want to get this thing threaded, but all of my old leads are either out of the game or just totally cold.
View Quote

Morgan at class III machining in TX
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where do we stand on this?
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#48]
My gunsmith did mine for 50 bucks.  Holler at me if you want his contact info.  Since you can take the upper off, and the lower is the serial number part, you'd be able to send it by mail to him without any issues.

Now remember, the .32 ACP barrel is I belive .48" OD, so you can't cut a 1/2" x 28 TPI thread on it.  You'll need to have it cut to a smaller OD thread pattern, and then get an adaptor to step it up to 1/2" x 28.  

There are lots of small OD thread patterns for .22, like the GSG, Sig Mositio, etc, but you'll also have to find one that allows for a .32 diameter barrel, and still leaves some metal left.  A 10mm thread pitch would work I'd think, being aboutin the middle between the .32 and .50 cals of the ID/OD, but then you'd have to find an adaport.

Me, I just bought a VZ-61 in .380, and it had a .52 cal OD barrel, so it was a snap to have threaded.  And is it nice.  Super quiet, as you'd expect, no jams, feeds both USA and Euro ammo, and hollow points too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good call my man - gonna send mine off to Morgan to get threaded this week.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top