Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/26/2015 8:54:40 PM EDT
I've become very interested in the VZ61.  I'm looking at the Czechpoint guns, but I am pretty sure they do not have a functional reducer.  Did any other other models, such as the CZs, or even the Sarco receiver+kit combos make use of the rate reducer?  This is one of the most interesting parts of the platform and something I'd love to have for "authenticity," even in a semi.

Also, I've been scouring the internet for parts kits and receivers.  If anyone has a line on either, please let me know.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Got my kit from sarco, no rate reducer. Barrel feed ramp isn't right, still working on the thing.

Receiver from czechpoint. They have stripped receivers from time to time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe mine has it, but I'll have to double check.  It's the most fun SBR I own, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:05:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe mine has it, but I'll have to double check.  It's the most fun SBR I own, that's for sure.
View Quote

Feel free to post pics as well!
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know if mine has the reducer.  I will have to look.  I can confirm this is one of the most fun SBR's I have (6 SBR's, 2 SBS's, & 1 DD).  It bumps like crazy from the shoulder at about 500rpm keeping all shots in a man sized target at 25 to 30 feet.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Beautiful. Thank you for the photos. I'm about to order some kits. I'm getting pretty excited about SBR-ing one of these.

I don't suppose you have any shoulder bump video?
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey CKxx They do not have a funcitonal rate reducer, though the parts kits DO contain the assembly. Apparently, it may interface with the auto sear in some way, so it was a no go to install it and make it functional.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Outside of originals that are converted to semi only (legal in Europe, illegal in the US), all the Skorpion pistols that I have seen are made by D-Technik.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm still looking for a stock adapter so I can F1 my pistol...... Anybody have a lead on one?
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm still looking for a stock adapter so I can F1 my pistol...... Anybody have a lead on one?
View Quote

Waffen Werks used to make them - no idea if they do or not any more.

Troy @ In Range built mine, you might contact him and see if he has any leads.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought mine from the EE here about a year ago. Someone else asked and I took and posted dimensions of it in another thread in case someone wanted to fab their own.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I bought mine from the EE here about a year ago. Someone else asked and I took and posted dimensions of it in another thread in case someone wanted to fab their own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a second one since I intend to SBR another Skorpion.  I can post up some dimensions as well if anyone wants them.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have a second one since I intend to SBR another Skorpion.  I can post up some dimensions as well if anyone wants them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

please do, as soon as I get mine functioning properly (tons of feed issues) I plan on sending in for a stamp

The feed issue I have is that the rounds get stuck half chambered. They are wedged in tight enough I have to tap them out (very lightly) with a cleaning rod. Have 4 different mags, happens every time with all mags. I think the aftermarket barrel that came in my kit doesn't have the right profile, but not certain.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
please do, as soon as I get mine functioning properly (tons of feed issues) I plan on sending in for a stamp

The feed issue I have is that the rounds get stuck half chambered. They are wedged in tight enough I have to tap them out (very lightly) with a cleaning rod. Have 4 different mags, happens every time with all mags. I think the aftermarket barrel that came in my kit doesn't have the right profile, but not certain.
View Quote

I'll try to get some tonight
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please go ahead!  I wouldn't mind if this becomes the de facto VZ.61 thread.  I can't wait to get my kits.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't want to hijack the thread in any way, but I have a question regarding these.  Does the stock lock into place when open and closed?  I've never handled one with the stock in place and I've always wondered how stable that type of stock is.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't want to hijack the thread in any way, but I have a question regarding these.  Does the stock lock into place when open and closed?  I've never handled one with the stock in place and I've always wondered how stable that type of stock is.
View Quote

Yes.

When it's closed, it locks in over the front sights.  When it's open, there's a latch on the back of the gun that keeps it open.  To close it again, you squeeze the back of the stock and fold it up.

As for the measurements of the stock adapter, I couldn't grab measurements last night.  I'll see if I can tonight.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes.

When it's closed, it locks in over the front sights.  When it's open, there's a latch on the back of the gun that keeps it open.  To close it again, you squeeze the back of the stock and fold it up.

As for the measurements of the stock adapter, I couldn't grab measurements last night.  I'll see if I can tonight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

The question as to if it locks both open and closed has been answered.  As to the question of how stable the stock is, well, it is a wire stock which is not the best material for stability.  Mine is stable enough for making pretty accurate shots at close range and steady enough to bump from the shoulder but that is it.  I wouldn't give anyone a butt strike with it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:21:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Your feed issues could be ammo related. The czechpoint site says that they work best with European spec ammo. Mine had the same problem with everything except fiochi or privi.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 5:08:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, my Skorpion has problems feeding at times. They love hot ammo and are peculiar about the bullet profile. I hand load to the top end of the powder scale and it cycles alright. My main issue is with bullet setback.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I purchased a vz61 SBR this past weekend and had the chance to test fire it.  What a fun little gun!  I haven't enjoyed shooting something that much in...I don't even know how long.  It's unfortunate I have to wait so long to actually take possession of it.

Also, the brass whizzing past ("z-z-z-z-Z-Z-Z-Z-I-T") really had me confused for the first two or three shots!
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Here is thethe RDS mounting option. We do have a US dealer for OKO products at magnum shooter supply. I would check in with him if you could sweet talk him into ordering the components.

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#23]
since this has become the defacto vz61 thread, anyone have any clue where I can find a parts kit that isn't a huge rip off?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
since this has become the defacto vz61 thread, anyone have any clue where I can find a parts kit that isn't a huge rip off?
View Quote

Ask and you shall receive...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=478504929

$295 with original barrel.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Also, the gentleman selling the kits in the above link will also soon have receivers, as well as complete pistols.  He's also go spare 20rd mags at a great price for those buying kits.

I ordered a few and will post pics when I get them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I've had an approved form 1 and engraved receiver for at least a year, but I can't find a stock adapter to save my life. I also have the "newer" version with predrilled and tapped holes that are different from the original brackets that were floating around. At this point I would take any bracket and have the thing welded on. I just want to finish the damn gun!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've had an approved form 1 and engraved receiver for at least a year, but I can't find a stock adapter to save my life. I also have the "newer" version with predrilled and tapped holes that are different from the original brackets that were floating around. At this point I would take any bracket and have the thing welded on. I just want to finish the damn gun!
View Quote

I'd never be able to wait that long.  I'm sure a skilled machinist could weld shut the holes on your adapter and drill new ones to match the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'd never be able to wait that long.  I'm sure a skilled machinist could weld shut the holes on your adapter and drill new ones to match the receiver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not a bad idea. All I need now is an adapter.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I misunderstood your post.  I thought you were saying to had a mount but that it did not match your receiver.  Oops.

Also, it's worth noting that I emailed Czeckpoint the other day and they responded that they had no intention to restock the receivers.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I misunderstood your post.  I thought you were saying to had a mount but that it did not match your receiver.  Oops.

Also, it's worth noting that I emailed Czeckpoint the other day and they responded that they had no intention to restock the receivers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did they mention if they plan to restock the stock adapter plate?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Did they mention if they plan to restock the stock adapter plate?
View Quote

I emailed Julie about the adapter plate recently and was told that they don't have an ETA but that they do plan to get them in.

Then I emailed again to Dan and asked about threaded barrels.  His response was that they hadn't stocked either the threaded barrels or the adapter plate in "years".  I hadn't asked about the plate and that was put in his response unsolicited.

I don't know how to interpret the above but I'm not waiting on the adapter plate.  

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#32]
As others have said, I don't think the adapter is a patented design. There should be enough info from the photos and dimensions that I took and posted in another thread, someone here should be able to machine a few in no time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:52:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Here is an inspirational photo I took:

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm trying to dig out the adapter so I can get those measurements I promised.  It's not where I thought it'd be, so I'm digging to find it.

One thing to bring up: my safety broke off on mine.  The folks over at Czechpoint got me taken care of and they sent me two spares.  They said that they had an issue with some of the pistols they imported and that some of the safeties had an incorrect glass-filled nylon mixture.  They said they've never had a replacement safety break.  If yours ever breaks, email them and they'll get you taken care of.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#35]
I already took measurements of mine and posted it on another thread. There is a similar thread going on right now in the gun smithing forum that has some of my photos. The link there will take you to the thread that has the measurements.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm elated.  I scored one of these.  Anyone recognize it?

Link Posted: 6/10/2015 12:10:36 AM EDT
[#37]
I guess I've achieved the goal of my original post.

Note the functional rate reducer, correct safety, and enough material left to mill a stock dovetail.

Link Posted: 6/10/2015 1:13:23 AM EDT
[#38]
looks good! I bet that metal safety is much nicer than the plastic junk.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Note the functional rate reducer, correct safety, and enough material left to mill a stock dovetail.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1112x626q90/540/JOJEV7.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1112x626q90/540/9sqFeS.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1112x626q90/673/xSTB0T.jpg
View Quote

Jesus you got that done quick. Is this in your future?

Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Haha. Hopefully soon.  It's in "their" hands now.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:54:22 PM EDT
[#41]
I finally got a chance to go out and do more than a quick test fire.  I put 150 rounds through the gun Friday, all Fiocchi 7.65, no function problems at all.  The gun has very very mild recoil.  The shells ejecting vertically were pretty funny for all who tried the pistol out (they rain back down on whoever is just behind you).  The most noteworthy part of the gun's maiden voyage was how incredibly accurate it was.  I tore the center out of a shoot-n-see at 20 yards before picking up the pace and firing a bit more quickly.  Everyone who tried it was surprised.

In other news, the stock adapters are readily available on GunBroker now.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I finally got a chance to go out and do more than a quick test fire.  I put 150 rounds through the gun Friday, all Fiocchi 7.65, no function problems at all.  The gun has very very mild recoil.  The shells ejecting vertically were pretty funny for all who tried the pistol out (they rain back down on whoever is just behind you).  The most noteworthy part of the gun's maiden voyage was how incredibly accurate it was.  I tore the center out of a shoot-n-see at 20 yards before picking up the pace and firing a bit more quickly.  Everyone who tried it was surprised.

In other news, the stock adapters are readily available on GunBroker now.

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/4319/sEZsel.gif
http://imageshack.com/a/img538/9381/JiqDcC.gif
View Quote

Mine bumps from the shoulder like crazy (it's SBR'd).  I was shooting at an indoor range in WI a couple of years ago and forgot to look up at the fluorescent lighting to see if they had protection screens over them.  I let loose with a 20 round mag, emptying the mag in about 2.5 seconds, and all of the sudden it was raining broken glass and white powder on my head and the heads of the shooters directly to the right and left of me.  A stream of brass hit the overhead florescent bulb and shattered it.  I always wear a ball cap when shooting my VZ61 to keep the brass off my head but I don't believe the other shooters were.  The range was shut down for an hour for massive clean-up.  The other shooters were none too happy but the range owner was a friend so he was not bent out of shape.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:Mine bumps from the shoulder like crazy (it's SBR'd).  I was shooting at an indoor range in WI a couple of years ago and forgot to look up at the fluorescent lighting to see if they had protection screens over them.  I let loose with a 20 round mag, emptying the mag in about 2.5 seconds, and all of the sudden it was raining broken glass and white powder on my head and the heads of the shooters directly to the right and left of me.  A stream of brass hit the overhead florescent bulb and shattered it.  I always wear a ball cap when shooting my VZ61 to keep the brass off my head but I don't believe the other shooters were.  The range was shut down for an hour for massive clean-up.  The other shooters were none too happy but the range owner was a friend so he was not bent out of shape.
View Quote

Any videos of you bump firing?
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#44]
I'd also like to see that.

Also, the semi receivers are available on gunbroker right now.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#45]
I just got a email from czechpoint and the vz61 plate dovetail is now back in stock.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I just got a email from czechpoint and the vz61 plate dovetail is now back in stock.
View Quote

I saw that too.  Recon Ordnance doesn't have them listed on their website, be he carries them as well and you have to call to order. I bought a couple from Czechpoint USA as well yesterday to compare them.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where did you get the metal safety? I can't stand the plastic version.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 12:48:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That particular receiver uses the original factory safety.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After running two magazines through Kreb's full auto Vz. 61 at the Bullpup shoot, I'm convinced I need a SBR version.  

I know I'm getting into the game late, but is ~$300 about what complete kits with barrels going for?  It looks like CDNN has the cheapest magazines I can find at $19.99/each for the 20s.

That build with the proper safety and extra material on the rear of the receiver is NICE BTW!
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Thank you sir.

Yes, $300 is what the barreled kits are going for these days, and about the same for a receiver.  The only seller I know of is Recon Ordnance out of WI.  He also has the stock brackets, and sells complete guns as well.  It's really not a bad price since the last time the kits were available they were going for $400+ without barrels and receivers were nowhere to be found.

In other news, I got my forms for my SBR.  I'll post some photos soon.  This model does not have the rate reducer and, strangely enough, you can feel a difference I the recoil impulse.  The good news is that without the reducer you can shoot very rapidly!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top