Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2015 10:43:07 AM EDT
I'm thinking of making a asp/asr SBR.

Would you start with the pistol or the rifle? With the pistol I get the form factor by not the stock while I wait for the stamp vs having a stock.
With the carbine I get a stock and can order a new pistol barrel once I get the stamp.

Am I overlooking any other advantages going one way or the other?
This would be my first SBR, so any insight will be helpful.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:19:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Both ways work
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:33:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Starting with the pistol, you'll have a leftover pistol buffer tube
Starting with the carbine you'll have a leftover carbine barrel.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.

I have decided to attempt getting my hands on a pistol version as I prefer to know it works well with the short barrel before sending in the e-file.
This may depend on local availability though as I still want to try to find one locally before ordering one online, If I find a carbine in my preferred color (green...to be used with foliage green furniture) locally for a good price, I may still go that way.

Now I just have to sell some of my other projects to make space in the safe and raise some $$.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Starting with the pistol, you'll have a leftover pistol buffer tube
Starting with the carbine you'll have a leftover carbine barrel.
View Quote

Cut & thread bbl, problem solved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top