Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2015 5:10:27 PM EDT
I shot my scorpion today and it is shooting a little to the left. I went to adjust the sights and noticed the windage is maxed out. Anybody else experience this issue?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine isn't maxed, but is visibly to the right to be zeroed. Suspect the tolerances relating to the receiver shell and trunnion are generous. Short of sending it back, an optic would be the easiest way to remedy it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine isn't maxed, but is visibly to the right to be zeroed. Suspect the tolerances relating to the receiver shell and trunnion are generous. Short of sending it back, an optic would be the easiest way to remedy it.
View Quote

That's what I am doing. It just sucks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Start with something simple like removing it and inspecting the sight and rail. There is a lot of play between the sights and the rail, maybe repositioning and re-tightening will help.

There are two "tabs" (one on each half of the receiver) that index the pieces to the front hand guard.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:48:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine isn't maxed out but is drifted over to the right as well.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 8:13:02 AM EDT
[#5]
even if you could zero it, that looks like crap with it all the way to the right like that
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm also having this same issue, I bought a Primary Arms micro dot to mount and the sight will not adjust far enough over to line up with the iron sights.  Was wondering if the rail could be readjusted?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:07:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm also having this same issue, I bought a Primary Arms micro dot to mount and the sight will not adjust far enough over to line up with the iron sights.  Was wondering if the rail could be readjusted?
View Quote

Explain what you mean by "line up with the iron sights?
If you can zero the optic and the rounds hit at point of aim, the irons aren't part of the equation.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:02:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Reporting in:  my rear windage is also almost maxed to the right in order to hit point of aim.

It really does make the gun kinda goofy to shoot.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine was all the way to the right and I centered it and seemed to be shooting just fine after that... maybe the guy test firing had a lazy eye lol.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Dont have an Evo, but was wondering if anyone has had their receiver halves apart?

How tight is the trunnion? I wonder if you could tightly shim it to put some pressure on it and perhaps center things up....

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Dont have an Evo, but was wondering if anyone has had their receiver halves apart?

How tight is the trunnion? I wonder if you could tightly shim it to put some pressure on it and perhaps center things up....

http://s8.postimg.org/pxfahebmd/cz_scorpion_evo_3_a1_17.jpg
View Quote

No clue.  I'm not taking mine down til I see a video of the process.  Yeah it looks simple enough but I'm a coward and don't want to mess it up.  They're too rare and there's no parts to replace any I might break.  I really hope someone figures out a fix soon!

---EDIT:---

Contacted Laugo Arms about the rear sight being all the way to the right. This is what they sent me:

-------
hmmm, me not look you problem, its not tragic, not dangerous...
problem is not in sight settings,
but I think, is left and right receiver ( L /19/ + R/ 10/ slide case ) or hand guard /6/ are curve (plastic deformation)
tomorrow I write info way to fix this ! ok ? good night
-------

The L19, R10, etc etc refers to the corresponding part number on the parts diagram. I can tell they're using Google Translate or something, but I really appreciate the help! I'll let ya'll know what he tells me tomorrow if he responds.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 12:19:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I shot my scorpion today and it is shooting a little to the left. I went to adjust the sights and noticed the windage is maxed out. Anybody else experience this issue?
View Quote

Subscribing to thread for Updates... Mines not as bad as the guy's pictured above, but its close...

Strangely, I did not notice, till I saw reports about it on here...  Now its going to drive my OCD nuts...

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Still not heard back from Laugo Arms.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Heard back from them.  In context to the conversation, I'd asked if it was possible for a user to correct the issue. They asked if I had tried a complete disassembly. I mentioned that I took a ruler to the body to check how it aligned and that the fore end was definitely slightly skewed to the left and would a disassembly even correct it. They responded with:

"yes, sure, barrel offset left
Fuck CZ Fuser
Worth a try
fixation insert (9) bump hammer in position
bump hammer
strongly tighten to 5 Nm
glue up Loctite 243"

So, I "think" he's saying to pull it apart and get to part number 9 and try and correct its alignment? I'm not sure how it'd help as it looks like the sides of the body (parts 10 and 19) clamp onto it and a screw goes through the bottom of it.  

Anyone else have a clue?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#15]
It looks like the handguard functions as barrel support when the handguard lock ring is tightened down.  Maybe there are some molding defects at the interface between the handguard and the two halves of the receiver that are keeping it from seating correctly, and then it's cocking the barrel to one side when the front nut is tightened.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:11:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Just wanted to jump in here and mention I have an early model and my sights are on target and pretty well centered.

Interested to see if this issue can be fixed easily.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:12:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Last I heard from them, he tried to clarify his instructions a bit better:

"modify 9 assembly - not, not get new one,
only reasembly parts ( L /19/ + R/ 10/ slide  case versus barell+fixation insert /9/))
step by step :
1.) clear part /19/ left reciever
2.) insert  - barell+fixation insert /9/, bump hammer in position
3.) insert - part /10/ right recivier, bump hammer in position
4.) long recivier screw (2x) strongly tighten to 5 Nm
5.) short recivier screw(4x) strongly tighten to 5 Nm
6.) insert part Hand guard /6/"

Haven't had a chance to take the thing apart as I was busy this weekend.  If anyone else gets to it before I do, let us know if it resolves the issue.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Did CZ USA offer any better explanation on how to fix this? Would this be considered a warranty issue?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Did CZ USA offer any better explanation on how to fix this? Would this be considered a warranty issue?
View Quote

I've not heard anything back from CZ.  I've posted to their Facebook and e-mailed their warranty guys.  Nothing.  Laugo Arms seems to be the only one interested in helping us fix the issue....and its not even their fault!  They just designed the thing.  Laugo actually IM'd me earlier today to see if the disassemble / reassemble fixed the issue.  Told him I'd been swamped with a kitchen remodel and hadn't had a chance to take it apart.  Great of him to check on me though.

(FYI: I have a later production gun, March 2015 B275XXX, if that makes a difference.)
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Wished I had one to take apart.

Thinking about getting one so will be following this closely.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I didn't notice this issue on mine until I saw this post. Mine is the same way but I have about 5 or six clicks remaining on the right side. It is noticeably off to the right though. Gun hits dead on where it is at now, but now it's bugging me that it's off to the side like that. Probably looking to put a little trijicon red dot on top but that won't be for a while. If anyone finds a fix or can lead me in the direction of a fix please let me know. I tightened all the bolts on the outside of the shell but it didn't make a bit of difference, neither did playing with the actual iron sights. I think the barrel is just seated a little slanted and it may be because the polymer is holding it that way in the front (Manufacturing issue). There is certainly no problem with function though, gun shoots great and is very accurate with the irons out to 25 yards. I can live with it if I never have to make an adjustment but I'd like to know that that wiggle room is there just in case. I really don't understand why these would be passing through QC if this was an issue though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I didn't notice this issue on mine until I saw this post. Mine is the same way but I have about 5 or six clicks remaining on the right side. It is noticeably off to the right though. Gun hits dead on where it is at now, but now it's bugging me that it's off to the side like that. Probably looking to put a little trijicon red dot on top but that won't be for a while. If anyone finds a fix or can lead me in the direction of a fix please let me know. I tightened all the bolts on the outside of the shell but it didn't make a bit of difference, neither did playing with the actual iron sights. I think the barrel is just seated a little slanted and it may be because the polymer is holding it that way in the front (Manufacturing issue). There is certainly no problem with function though, gun shoots great and is very accurate with the irons out to 25 yards. I can live with it if I never have to make an adjustment but I'd like to know that that wiggle room is there just in case. I really don't understand why these would be passing through QC if this was an issue though.
View Quote

Did the electronic target paper that came with your gun show it shooting to the left also?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I looked at that sheet when I first got it and everything seemed okay, I can check it again when I get home though and report back. I even took the firearm and ran 100 rounds through it at the range and at 25 yards it's dead on. The issue is just that the rear adjustment is cranked over to the right side. Perhaps I may never need to adjust it again but if I do I could run into problems.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Did the electronic target paper that came with your gun show it shooting to the left also?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine did, but I don't pit much value in those. Mine was low to the left about an inch or 2.

I ditched my sights for a sparc ii. It works great, it just bugs me that the quality CZ is known for is lacking in this.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Last I heard from them, he tried to clarify his instructions a bit better:

"modify 9 assembly - not, not get new one,
only reasembly parts ( L /19/ + R/ 10/ slide  case versus barell+fixation insert /9/))
step by step :
1.) clear part /19/ left reciever
2.) insert  - barell+fixation insert /9/, bump hammer in position
3.) insert - part /10/ right recivier, bump hammer in position
4.) long recivier screw (2x) strongly tighten to 5 Nm
5.) short recivier screw(4x) strongly tighten to 5 Nm
6.) insert part Hand guard /6/"

Haven't had a chance to take the thing apart as I was busy this weekend.  If anyone else gets to it before I do, let us know if it resolves the issue.
View Quote

Anybody fixed theirs with these instructions???
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Not yet, but since I love taking things apart so much, I might try.

Sounds to me like the screws are over-torqued during assembly causing elastic (hopefully) deformation of the receiver around the trunnion.  Basically he's saying to take it apart, tap the trunnion back into the left-side receiver half, tap the right-side receiver half back into place, torque screws to 44 in-lbs with Loctite 243 (i.e. blue).  Sounds easy enough.

Anyone else notice the A1 came with a barrel cooling sleeve with fins?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not yet, but since I love taking things apart so much, I might try.

Sounds to me like the screws are over-torqued during assembly causing elastic (hopefully) deformation of the receiver around the trunnion.  Basically he's saying to take it apart, tap the trunnion back into the left-side receiver half, tap the right-side receiver half back into place, torque screws to 44 in-lbs with Loctite 243 (i.e. blue).  Sounds easy enough.

Anyone else notice the A1 came with a barrel cooling sleeve with fins?
View Quote

Yeah on fins, I've tried to procure one but I have hit nothing but dead ends. I'm sure it would make it that much better.... maybe in my head....... but that's all that matters in the end right?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Without fully automatic fire, I doubt it'll make any difference aside from having something touch the barrel... which would probably be a downgrade, albeit minor, in terms of accuracy.

But yeah... I want one.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#29]
I'll have my scorpion tomorrow, and am concerned about this issue. Tagged.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Let us know how yours does.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My rear sight is probably 2mm from the right. I can fit the backside of my pocket knife on the left side of the aperture but barely get the edge on the right side. I'll shoot it this weekend.

The digital target shows all 5 shots scattered a couple inches high with no L/R bias. It looks like horizontal stringing with the median POI above POA.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
...he's saying to take it apart, tap the trunnion back into the left-side receiver half, tap the right-side receiver half back into place, torque screws to 44 in-lbs with Loctite 243 (i.e. blue)...
View Quote

For the benefit of anyone who stumbles across this thread - DO NOT DO THIS!

5 N-m = 44 in-lbs and is WAAAAY too much torque for these screws.

15 in-lbs is about their limit, *maybe* 18 in-lbs if you really want to push your luck.  This equates to approximately 1.5 N-m  When I say "push your luck", ask me how I know that the nuts securing the receiver halves are NOT REPLACEABLE if they strip...

My Scorpion should be back in my hands tomorrow (with a shiny new serial no.).  Hopefully, making a correction to a pending Form 1 isn't too much of a headache.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

15 in-lbs is about their limit, *maybe* 18 in-lbs if you really want to push your luck.  This equates to approximately 1.5 N-m  When I say "push your luck", ask me how I know that the nuts securing the receiver halves are NOT REPLACEABLE if they strip...

My Scorpion should be back in my hands tomorrow (with a shiny new serial no.).  Hopefully, making a correction to a pending Form 1 isn't too much of a headache.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...he's saying to take it apart, tap the trunnion back into the left-side receiver half, tap the right-side receiver half back into place, torque screws to 44 in-lbs with Loctite 243 (i.e. blue)...

Thanks for the warning, I am ready to do this soon.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#34]
As long as your sight CAN achieve zero, I wouldn't screw with the receiver.

The step that was not mentioned in the initial (piss-poor) instructions is that you need to remove the barrel nut and the handguard first.  In doing so, you'll likely crack the receiver without good tools.  Ask me how I know this, also!

If the windage adjustment is all the way to the side, just leave it there.  It's why you have a sight with adjustable windage in the first place.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks, a lot. Thanks for the warning, I will just leave mine alone as long as it is close enough on the sight adjustments.

I do have experience with changing a serial number on a Form 1, both eForms and paper form.  eForms is going to need to be a reject/refund of the original submission and starting over.  Once in progress they won't allow changes to anything on it.  They can turn it around pretty quickly but I started the new one while I was waiting on the old to get kicked back.

Paper forms can have the original copy sent back and you can do a line-out and replace the serial number or redo the form entirely and send back.  I choose a line-out and that one and it pains me to look at the approved Form 1 with serial number correction, I should have redone it.  Serial number written on the stamp matches the corrected one at least, and that's what counts.

You think I would have learned by now!  It was my second paper F1 and first eForm1 that I screwed up.  I take pictures of serial numbers and compare it to the form before I submit now.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The step that was not mentioned in the initial (piss-poor) instructions is that you need to remove the barrel nut and the handguard first.  In doing so, you'll likely crack the receiver without good tools.  Ask me how I know this, also!

If the windage adjustment is all the way to the side, just leave it there.  It's why you have a sight with adjustable windage in the first place.
View Quote

There is really sound advice here.  If you can get it zero'ed, leave it alone.  You are asking for problems cracking open the receiver to fix what is primarily an aesthetic issue at that point.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There is really sound advice here.  If you can get it zero'ed, leave it alone.  You are asking for problems cracking open the receiver to fix what is primarily an aesthetic issue at that point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously...I can't imagine splitting the gun open because the sights aren't lined up. Some of these guys would die if they got into AKs....I've had several that were shooting perfectly centered softball sized groups at 100m yet had the front site drifted further Left than Hillary and Nancy Pelosi scissoring.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#38]
From a post on http://www.czfirearms.us/ -

"Hi Guys,

Just got an email back from CZ regarding barrel nut and receiver screw torque specs.

Barrel nut: 70.8 in/lbs
Receiver Screws: 17.1 in/lbs

That's INCH pounds NOT foot pounds.  These values seem correct since their backed by polymer, not steel or aluminum.

They also strongly recommended I NOT disassemble my gun that far."

Confirms my post above that ~15 in-lbs is the correct value on the screws.  I took one up to 18 in-lbs without stripping, but it was VERY scary taking it that tight.  Lubricating the bolt with blue Loctite will easily cover the difference and make 15 in-lbs a good choice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top