Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2015 8:20:52 AM EDT
Picked it up today from my FFL, purchased on gunbroker for way too much money but oh well!  First impressions are that it's much more solid than I expected.  It has a good weight to it and the magazine system is one of the smoothest loading I've experienced.  I only put a couple rounds through it just for a function test more than anything.  The ambi safety is horrible and was immediately digging into my finger on the off hand side.  I hated to do it, but ground it down immediately.  I don't think it's shootable without gloves the way it comes.  The safety attaches with a small allen bolt through the top, I couldn't find the right size but looks as though you can just unscrew the bolt to remove it and dremel it down.  Once I get the right size allen key I'll round it and sand it up so it looks better.  I put a primary arms aimpoint clone on it and with a Vortex low ring it cowitnesses about the 1/3.  I only wish the mount had a QD, the height is listed as .83" or 21mm.  I can barely slip the front cover on, it makes contact with rail but shouldn't effect anything.  My brace adapter should be here today I'll post a range report when I get a chance to shoot more.  The iron sights are very high quality but I did notice the rear is shifted to the right quite a bit, not sure if they were factory sighted but seemed odd.

IMG_20150210_070337988 by upnorthbacon, on Flickr

IMG_20150209_185402309 by upnorthbacon, on Flickr

IMG_20150210_070328463 by upnorthbacon, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Good pics.   Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Very interesting...look forward to a range report.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#3]
My original plan on the safety was to just grind the lever down more flush, but the stem sticking down is hollow so that wouldn't work.  I'm seriously impressed with the sights, I'd love to buy another set for my AUG since they are lower than standard.  I thought the four peep sizes was kind of a waste but it's actually pretty cool.  I have the largest shown in the picture and it really washes out with your eyes when your looking at the red dot.  The smallest size is perfect for longer shots and I like that they are same plane.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Got the pistol buffer tube adapter and is very nice.  Don't have a brace for it but it works great just using as a cheek weld.  I noticed I could only get 18 rounds in one of the mags.  Opened it up and found the spring was in backward.  Switched it around and now it works perfect.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:03:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I want one.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:07:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got the pistol buffer tube adapter and is very nice.  Don't have a brace for it but it works great just using as a cheek weld.  I noticed I could only get 18 rounds in one of the mags.  Opened it up and found the spring was in backward.  Switched it around and now it works perfect.
View Quote

Take a look at the thordsen customs enhanced cheek brace. That's what I got for whenever I get a scorpion...

It seems really well made. I have a buffer tube adaptor coming too so I'm not sure of the tube length vs a carbine buffer tube. But I have one of their keyed buffer tubes and castle nut for the brace as well.

Does the adapter come with the set screws for a diffrent buffer tube?
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:43:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll grind mine down tomorrow. PA red dot should be here Thursday. Yours looks great.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Scope doesn't look right on it
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:42:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Take a look at the thordsen customs enhanced cheek brace. That's what I got for whenever I get a scorpion...

It seems really well made. I have a buffer tube adaptor coming too so I'm not sure of the tube length vs a carbine buffer tube. But I have one of their keyed buffer tubes and castle nut for the brace as well.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. The Thordsen setup is much more compact and looks more "clean" than the goofy ass rubber brace.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agree. A micro red dot looks better IMO.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Didn't come with the set screws for a standard buffer tube but provided the size in the paperwork.  I thought about selling off the sight and getting a micro style but I was concerned about whether it would still cowitness.  If it does I'll probably throw a Bushnell or PA micro on there instead.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Didn't come with the set screws for a standard buffer tube but provided the size in the paperwork.  I thought about selling off the sight and getting a micro style but I was concerned about whether it would still cowitness.  If it does I'll probably throw a Bushnell or PA micro on there instead.
View Quote

I currently have a holosun HS403A on my vepr 12. I recently got a PA MD-ADS. I think I will put the PA on the vepr and the holosun on the scorpion.

The center of the holosun is about 11/16" above the rail or .687"

I think that will be closer to an absolute co-witness rather than the lower 1/3 you have now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah they are cool for sure.  But the recent reiteration that a arm brace is not to be used on the shoulder makes this pointless unless you sbr it.
And am I the only one that would rather it in 40sw or 45?
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah they are cool for sure.  But the recent reiteration that a arm brace is not to be used on the shoulder makes this pointless unless you sbr it.
View Quote

I'd be in for 45acp.

Since it's semi auto only, I want more thump per trigger pull. Plus, sub sonic ammo is more easily available.

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Just shot 40 rounds through it in the freezing blowing snow.  Sighted in 25yd and can shoot easily 1" groups with optic or irons.  Shot a catail in half at 30yds with a few rounds.  Shot a couple around 150 and could easily hit a person didn't have a chance to check grouping at that distance yet.  Mags ran great no issues.  I think its as accurate as any close quarters gun.  The buffer tube rested against your cheek makes it rock solid.  Overall I'm absolutely satisfied!
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yes

10mm is another story

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Any plans for one in 45?
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes

10mm is another story

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

10mm is another story

I would definitely be on board for 10mm.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Any plans for one in 45?
View Quote

No one knows, and probably not. Same with 10mm. The Czechs like their NATO standardized rounds.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:40:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I noticed that with mine. I think I will be taking the optic off and just using irons.

While the sights are nice, they don't  work that great with cowitnessing. They do cowitnessing lower 1/3 with the Sparc II, but the irons crowd the optic.

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Wonder how it'd look with just a red dot on top, no iron sights crowding in.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Those guns are badass, are you able to get spare mags yet?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#23]
I think 20 rounders are available but 30's are out.  I'm going to wait for more 30's to become available and pick some up.  The guns come with two 20 rounders.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Those guns are badass, are you able to get spare mags yet?
View Quote

Yup, got 10 30rds just sitting here until I get my Scorpion, which should be Friday or Sat.

I plan to SBR it once the 922r issues are worked out.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Got my Sig brace installed.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My original plan on the safety was to just grind the lever down more flush, but the stem sticking down is hollow so that wouldn't work.  I'm seriously impressed with the sights, I'd love to buy another set for my AUG since they are lower than standard.  I thought the four peep sizes was kind of a waste but it's actually pretty cool.  I have the largest shown in the picture and it really washes out with your eyes when your looking at the red dot.  The smallest size is perfect for longer shots and I like that they are same plane.
View Quote

Grind away sir..

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:23:42 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Nice! Appreciate the size comparison as well. How do you find the cheekweld with the brace? (ASSUMING you were to shoulder it )
Is it easy to get behind optics with it?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm gueeing LOP would be perfect along with cheek weld if you were to shoulder it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#29]
How do you remove the selector? I'm ready to grind mine down after shooting it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#30]
If you put it on "fire" you can see an Allen head bolt that holds it on.  I believe it was on top and removing the trigger assembly makes it easier to get to.  Just remove the screw and it comes off, then grind it down.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:32:48 AM EDT
[#31]
The hex is size 1.5mm

I stripped mine out on one side using the wrong size.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Needs glue on decals to mimic the full auto markings.  Anybody made those yet?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol no. Why?

So next time you are at the range someone can say "wow! Is that really a full auto scorpion!?!?" To which you can reply "nope, just a sticker" Then awkward silence... No thanks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Lol no. Why?

So next time you are at the range someone can say "wow! Is that really a full auto scorpion!?!?" To which you can reply "nope, just a sticker" Then awkward silence... No thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol no. Why?

I think a big red frowny face to indicate that it is an 'unhappy' switch might be more appropriate.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:04:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Lol no. Why?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol no. Why?

I want to do that with my full auto uzi. put a sticker over the full auto marking and say that when someone asks if it is full auto
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:09:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top