Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2015 10:13:18 PM EDT
Not sure what I've gotten myself into. Brand new, $1461.00 shipped to my FFL.

I've got a TiRant 45 on the way, so if I like the Vector, it'll get the F1 treatment.

Question: are the G21 mags + extension very sturdy feeling? I just have a hard time seeing how they could be very strong.

ETA: also, what am I looking at to get the TiRant 45 on there. I ordered it with the .578x28 booster for my 1911.

UPDATE-
I asked AAC about mounting the TiRant 45 on a Kriss. Here is part of what they said-

"Kriss has used a thick profile behind the threads and it causes the piston to not be able to seat onto the barrel without machining that profile of the barrel back a little bit from the threads."

Has anyone run into that before? I don't have the Kriss of the TiRant in my hands yet, but I hadn't heard of anyone ever having that problem.

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The extensions are very sturdy and lock up tight. I was impressed at the fit as I was also concerned.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe you'll need the other piston booster thread pitch.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe you'll need the other piston booster thread pitch.
View Quote

Right, but is that it? Nothing different, even though the Kriss is a fixed barrel vs the typical tilting barrels usually used on pistol suppressors?
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#4]
You need the fixed barrel spacer as well as the 16x1LH (HK USP piston) metric piston.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, but didn't know what to call the part or what exactly it would be.

So these?

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/aac-fixed-barrel-spacer/

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/aac-ti-rant-45-piston/
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, but didn't know what to call the part or what exactly it would be.

So these?

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/aac-fixed-barrel-spacer/

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/aac-ti-rant-45-piston/
View Quote

Correct. Make sure it's 16x1 LH and not RH. The right hand is only for the Mark 23.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Update regarding mounting TiRant on Kriss in OP.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Can't speak for AAC, but when I had my Kriss, my Osprey 45 seated fine on the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#9]

More emails.  

The kriss has to be machined down to work with any silencer as far as I’m aware. It’s not just ours. There is no other way to do it.

-Nick

Sent: Monday, February 09, 2015 4:32 PM
To: AAC
Subject: Re: TiRant 45 on a Kriss Vector

I was unaware that the Kriss Vector barrel had to be machined down to work with your suppressor. I actually just ordered the gun last week, it hasn't even shown up yet.

Is there any other way to make the clearance? I hear it's a pretty big job to remove the barrel for any additional machine work.

Thanks,
David
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting.......none of these people are having issues with machining the barrel.......

I'm not a fan of AAC anyway, but it is what it is........

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kriss+vector+osprey
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#11]
That's what is so weird about it. I haven't heard of anyone having trouble with their threads.

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the vector and tirant and upon inspection it does appear that the piston bottoms out on the lip of the barrel behind the threads, rather than on the barrel crown.  Not sure it it would matter, but it definitely feels like there are two few turns when threading it on.  Trying to decide whether to risk it, or have the barrel turned down for another half inch or so.

Anyone else have any experience with this issue?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can't speak for AAC, but when I had my Kriss, my Osprey 45 seated fine on the barrel.
View Quote

I just purchased the Osprey for my Kriss, glad I did!
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#14]
There is no problem with using the TiRANT on the Kriss but I know exact what AAC is talking about.  When using the TiRANT on a normal pistol the barrel's outside diameter is a little smaller then the Kriss and therefore the booster threads on about 8 to 10 full turns before it bottoms out.  There are about 1/2" of threads on the Kriss barrel which has a pretty high shoulder.  The booster threads start about 1/8" from the end so you only get about 3/8" worth of thread contact or about 4 to 5 full turns before the booster bottoms out.  My other suppressors have their booster threads come all the way to the end of the booster.  I would say it is more a flaw in -AAC's booster design then the Kriss.  That being said I have run about 1,000 rounds through my Kriss - TiRANT combination so far without any problems (no baffle strikes) and the suppressor has never loosened on it's own.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top