Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool. It will be on the market in 10 years... maybe, and for 10 times MSRP
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:12:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Down at the range today and glanced back at the PCC rack. Two Sub2k's sitting there. Price was like $379 or something. A load of Hi-Points, two Subs, and H&K, a Tarus 9mm carbine, and others, all in stock and none way over MSRP. .
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 12:46:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool, where the hell can I find one?  iI am still on several back order lists for the first Gen versions from 2012.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 3:04:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Huh?  It does?  I seem to recall it came with the manual and something else in the box but I can't recall what (or where that stuff is).  If it has another feature I'm genuinely curious as I didn't realize it.  Don't get me wrong, it's kinda cool in it's own way and I modded it a little bit* to better suite what I thought it should be but then I kinda lost interest in it.  It actually runs fine on the cheap Korean Glock 17 and 18 mags that CDNN was selling for like $5/each a while back too; I cleaned them up, swapped the springs out of two of them and swapped the Korean extended floor plates for factory Glock flat plates that stay in place better.      

*Cleaned all of the flashing off of it and out of the magwell, added a Tacticool buffer and tube cover, mounted the OEM spare mag holder (and cleaned it up so the mags went in and out like they should and without scratching up the mags), OEM buttstock extender/sight protector and the OEM sling (which loves to get twisted up), added a small section of rail to the side of the handguard for a flashlight and sprayed it OD Duracoat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:   They've managed to make it even uglier than it was before.  

<---- Has a Glock version Sub2000 somewhere in the back of the safe.

That needs to be in a backpack in the back of the truck.

Meh, I have some sort of pistol with me when I'm in the truck.  The pistol will fit in the lockbox when it needs to but I don't really have a way to secure the Sub2000 unless I put my Pacsafe around it.  While it's gone bang every time with everything I've fed it I just can't really get into it; I bought it on a whim and it never grew on me.

It has a lock built into it.  Fold it around a seat frame and lock it.

Huh?  It does?  I seem to recall it came with the manual and something else in the box but I can't recall what (or where that stuff is).  If it has another feature I'm genuinely curious as I didn't realize it.  Don't get me wrong, it's kinda cool in it's own way and I modded it a little bit* to better suite what I thought it should be but then I kinda lost interest in it.  It actually runs fine on the cheap Korean Glock 17 and 18 mags that CDNN was selling for like $5/each a while back too; I cleaned them up, swapped the springs out of two of them and swapped the Korean extended floor plates for factory Glock flat plates that stay in place better.      

*Cleaned all of the flashing off of it and out of the magwell, added a Tacticool buffer and tube cover, mounted the OEM spare mag holder (and cleaned it up so the mags went in and out like they should and without scratching up the mags), OEM buttstock extender/sight protector and the OEM sling (which loves to get twisted up), added a small section of rail to the side of the handguard for a flashlight and sprayed it OD Duracoat.

Let me know if you need to find it a new home.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
<snip>

Let me know if you need to find it a new home.
View Quote

I rarely sell guns and it seems to be a popular one with new shooters so I'm going to hang onto it.  I dug my owner's manual out and figured out the lock thingy too.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:45:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:51:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:56:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would like to have the Gen I or Gen II.  

A) you can't find them for a reasonable price.

B) you can't find them.
View Quote

Pretty much spot on
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:08:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:00:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The SUB-9s are usually ridiculous, but the unobtanium level of the S2Ks gets greatly exaggerated here and elsewhere IMO.  I have seen several for sale at or danged close to MSRP at shops and shows here over the years, and we aren't really a hot-bed of gun availability.  I've walked away from quite a few, only because I already have a few.  YMMV.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would like to have the Gen I or Gen II.  

A) you can't find them for a reasonable price.

B) you can't find them.

Pretty much spot on

The SUB-9s are usually ridiculous, but the unobtanium level of the S2Ks gets greatly exaggerated here and elsewhere IMO.  I have seen several for sale at or danged close to MSRP at shops and shows here over the years, and we aren't really a hot-bed of gun availability.  I've walked away from quite a few, only because I already have a few.  YMMV.

I rarely see them around here and when they pop up they asking prices are crazy.  I've yet to see any in a store brand new.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Over the past three years I've had two different dealers whom I have a good relationship with try to order a sub2k but came up empty. Yes, I do see them on the shelf and at at local S.C. shows but only once did I see one that wasn't marked over MSRP. Almost bought it but wanted to see the rest of the show before I dropped all my cash and when I came back 20 minutes later it was gone.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I have never seen one new for sale in any shop here in Ohio. Ive seen gunshow ones used with box few mags as high as 800 bucks. So I like the looks of this new one but does me no good if I cannot handle one to be sure I want it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#14]
KT Subs are in shops here in Kentucky.

Try these guys, they ususally have a few Subs on the rack:

Knob Creek Range
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hopefully with the gen 2 it will be better. From what I have heard from them is that they will be able to double production with this new mold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  Maybe if they could offer a non-folding version for less money.

They can't keep up w/ the demand for the folding one as it is.  

Hopefully with the gen 2 it will be better. From what I have heard from them is that they will be able to double production with this new mold.

oh, cool, so like, 12 a month now?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#16]
There's 2 Gen 1's at my LGS for sale right now. Just a hair over msrp, but I'm holding out for the Gen 2
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Wonder if there was a recent batch of gen.1s that just hit the market. My favorite LGS now has the Beretta .40S&W version for $359 NIB. Been available for almost a week now on this shop's webpage. I figured it'd get snapped up pretty fast, if it was 9mm I'd be doing the snapping regardless of mag type.

Another gun store just a few miles down the road has a NIB gen. 1 Glock 17 9mm version for $529. Tried to see if they'd come down off the price and even pulled up the listing on my phone and showed itt o the guy behind the counter. Wasn't expecting them to price match but he just said ' The price is the price.' Well, my money is still my money.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wonder if there was a recent batch of gen.1s that just hit the market. My favorite LGS now has the Beretta .40S&W version for $359 NIB. Been available for almost a week now on this shop's webpage. I figured it'd get snapped up pretty fast, if it was 9mm I'd be doing the snapping regardless of mag type.

Another gun store just a few miles down the road has a NIB gen. 1 Glock 17 9mm version for $529. Tried to see if they'd come down off the price and even pulled up the listing on my phone and showed itt o the guy behind the counter. Wasn't expecting them to price match but he just said ' The price is the price.' Well, my money is still my money.
View Quote

I wouldn't drop my price either. Just look at this thread and how hard it is for many to find them. Add that to the fact that they are pretty unique and you have a great chance to make some money.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:31:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Gun shop about an hour from me has a NIB Glock 40 in stock for $449.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top