Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 69 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:00:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TurkeyLeg:
There has never been an MP5 or HK of any sort that had a 3 lug mount that wasnt machined into the barrel.   We arent talking about the 3 lug itself.  We are discussing the stackup of tolerances you get when you start piling on adapters.  

I honestly dont think you read or understood my post.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By robertmegar:
More ignorant questions.  My buddies and  I all have Scorpions in bound.  You guys have pretty much convinced me that a 3-lug suppressor mount is the way to go.  And you have convinced me that the Octane is the suppressor I should be focusing on. So, I understand that I will need a 3-lug adaptor (such as the one by Manticor) to convert the funky threads on the scorpion.  But then do I need a special piston or adapter on the Octane itself for mounting to the 3-lug adapter? (I see that SilencerCo sells a 3-lug octane mount for $137.)  

So it appears that I need to purchase the 3-lug adapter for the scorpion, the octane suppressor itself, AND THEN spend another $137 for the 3-lug mount if 3-lug mounting is the route I want to go.  Do I have this correct?  It is about as clear as mud to me right now.
Well, the 3 lug is not always the best option.  

3 lug barrels are definitely handy.   They retain the can very well and you dont have to worry about them unscrewing.  When you put a threaded 3 lug adapter on a barrel, you lose the main benefit of the 3 lug coupler -- retention.   If you were to say that your three lug adapter doesnt unthread, then a traditional threaded mount wouldnt either.   So basically, you only gain that quick, efficient QD ability (which Ill admit is nice).  

Also, most 3 lug mounts have a significant amount of play.  If youve never done it, mount your can on one of your other 3 lug barrels, and push up and down on the can.   Youll see right away that there is a good bit of slop.  If you add that slop to the slop youve already got when you use an adapter, you end up with a much higher chance of endcap strikes.  Im not trying to scare anyone or say that the 3 lug mounts wont work, but you will definitely run a higher risk of problems.   I wont personally use adapters.   If I wanted 3 lug that bad, I would pull the barrel and have it machined that way.   Or wait for an aftermarket one.  

My two cents.  

What is Rocksett??
Rocksett doesnt remove the slop from the adapter.    

Whatever you call slop, it doesn't matter for any measurable performance or safety issue. See the tens of thousands MP5 issued with three lugs used on service or on NFA owners with no pervasive problem.
There has never been an MP5 or HK of any sort that had a 3 lug mount that wasnt machined into the barrel.   We arent talking about the 3 lug itself.  We are discussing the stackup of tolerances you get when you start piling on adapters.  

I honestly dont think you read or understood my post.  

From the look of Sven's illustrations, it appears that the Manticore arms Scorpion tri-lug mount will use the Scorpion's existing muzzle device retaining clip to prevent it coming loose.  Will this be as tight as a barrel milled with tri-lugs, no, but looks to be better than a mount attached without this feature.  I am hoping that it works well as I have just purchased a tri-lug mount for my Octane 45.  FYI, if you are paying over 100 for a Silencerco Octane tri-lug mount, you need to exercise your Google skills.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:34:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Cheapest I can find is 101 from grabagun do you have a link to one that is cheaper?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By subinoob:
Cheapest I can find is 101 from grabagun do you have a link to one that is cheaper?
View Quote

Cheapest I found $96 but out of stock
http://www.getlockednloaded.com/sco-3-lug-mount-octane/
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:05:28 AM EDT
[#4]
more mags in stock saw on slickguns

$20
http://czcustom.com/czevoscorpion9mm30rdmag.aspx

$23
http://www.kygunco.com/CZ-Scorpion-9mm-30rd-Smoke-Clear-Polymer-Magazine-88192
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]
How are y'all organizing your 30 round mags?

I've been thinking I want to do something like a Kyle Box like they use on the Uzi forums but wondering how it would work with the curve in the 30 rounders.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:49:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bkpkr] [#6]
For those of you with approved efile form 1's, did you guys put "CZ Scorpion evo 3 s1" or leave off the CZ for the model? The option for both is there. Just want to make sure it's correct before I submit it. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 70satvert:
For those of you with approved efile form 1's, did you guys put "CZ Scorpion evo 3 s1" or leave off the CZ for the model? The option for both is there. Just want to make sure it's correct before I submit it. Thanks!
View Quote

My approved form reads: Scorpion Evo 3 S1
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#8]

KAK shockwave brace with hera arms side folder. PA micro dot.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I starting to think that these companies are just harvesting info and getting traffic to their website.  Plenty in stock when I add them to the cart but as soon as I finish registering to their site....  bang..  sold out.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DigDug:

Have one on the way.  How did you lock the Hera insert in place so it doesn't rotate?  Just use the screw in the EVO buttstock adapter without the groove?
View All Quotes

Yes. Its lke a compression fit. the plug and the folding part are a compression fit using the two bolts.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ImageX:
QD mount from PMM. Still waiting on final design for the rear.

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/6923/YKXEpB.jpg
View Quote

Is that simply threaded into the tiny nut molded into the right side of the receiver...?  If those strip, the receiver needs to be replaced - I know this first-hand, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Got 6 shiny new 30 round scorpion mags in the mail today from Cote.  That was fast!  

Now if I could just take delivery of the gun......
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:
Got 6 shiny new 30 round scorpion mags in the mail today from Cote.  That was fast!  

Now if I could just take delivery of the gun......
View Quote

Greg Cote amazes me, he got me my mags in two days and that was East coast to West coast. Long time customer of G Cote (he sells Sig mags and others too).
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By mrsaturn7085:

Is that simply threaded into the tiny nut molded into the right side of the receiver...?  If those strip, the receiver needs to be replaced - I know this first-hand, unfortunately.
View All Quotes
QD mount from PMM. Still waiting on final design for the rear.

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/6923/YKXEpB.jpg

I don't have them yet but I'm sure it utilizes the receiver bolt. You can contact Jarod with any questions you might have. [email protected]
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#17]
How long between ordering and receiving the adapter? One of the thing that kept me from ordering one was the fact that my 9mm ar barrel took over 6 months to be delivered.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:27:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DigDug] [#18]
Vortex Venom 3 MOA with factory mount.  Looks to be co-witnessed, but it is not sighted in.  I have an American defense QR mount coming any day now for it.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 1:57:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Vortex Venom 3 MOA with factory mount.  Looks to be co-witnessed, but it is not sighted in.  I have an American defense QR mount coming any day now for it.

<a href="http://s268.photobucket.com/user/DigDug111/media/b9f1ccf7-61cb-4401-bad5-c08838506d4f_zpsuww7jg7f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/DigDug111/b9f1ccf7-61cb-4401-bad5-c08838506d4f_zpsuww7jg7f.jpg</a>
View Quote

Just last night I was trying to decide between the Vortex  Venom and the Viper. What made you go with the Venom over the Viper?

When you get the ADM mount please post more pics. That's also the mount I was considering.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:12:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone know who has the buffer tube adapter in stock? I can't find one anywhere
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:14:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

Just last night I was trying to decide between the Vortex  Venom and the Viper. What made you go with the Venom over the Viper?

When you get the ADM mount please post more pics. That's also the mount I was considering.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

<a href="http://s268.photobucket.com/user/DigDug111/media/b9f1ccf7-61cb-4401-bad5-c08838506d4f_zpsuww7jg7f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/DigDug111/b9f1ccf7-61cb-4401-bad5-c08838506d4f_zpsuww7jg7f.jpg</a>

The venom has the top load battery compartment.  Also, wanted the smaller dot if I ever move it to an AR platform.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:26:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I made a video of the complete disassembly of the Scorpion. I ran into issues taking some parts off the lower so hopefully this video will help if you run into the same issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AIMO9onCXs

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Dustrod:
I made a video of the complete disassembly of the Scorpion. I ran into issues taking some parts off the lower so hopefully this video will help if you run into the same issues

View Quote

When removing the barrel nut, where do you clamp the weapon to avoid cracking the receiver?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:22:26 PM EDT
[#25]

When removing the barrel nut, where do you clamp the weapon to avoid cracking the receiver?
View All Quotes

It isn't torqued too tight, you should be able to hold it with one hand and wrench with the other.

If you have an issue you can put Magpul ladder rail covers on for protection and then put it in the vice. I actually had to do that to remove my three lug after I had Rocksetted it on
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

Excellent video, I am going to repost it on the Manticore Facebook page.
View All Quotes

Nice
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Do you have any comments on the tolerance stacking issue that was discussed a couple pages back with respect to using 3-lug adapters on the scorpion?  

I do NOT want to start a pissing match as I appreciate all the comments.  But since it is your part that I am eye-balling, and I am trying to make an informed decision, figure you guys would have some input one way or another.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#28]

It isn't torqued too tight, you should be able to hold it with one hand and wrench with the other.

If you have an issue you can put Magpul ladder rail covers on for protection and then put it in the vice. I actually had to do that to remove my three lug after I had Rocksetted it on
View All Quotes

I must have just had bad luck.  My receiver cracked before the nut even budged.  Gun was replaced under warranty - should get it today.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Do you have any comments on the tolerance stacking issue that was discussed a couple pages back with respect to using 3-lug adapters on the scorpion?  

I do NOT want to start a pissing match as I appreciate all the comments.  But since it is your part that I am eye-balling, and I am trying to make an informed decision, figure you guys would have some input one way or another.
View All Quotes

Use a .45 can.
Accept a 5-10% loss in suppression performance without worrying about baffle strikes.
???
Profit.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Use a .45 can.
Accept a 5-10% loss in suppression performance without worrying about baffle strikes.
???
Profit.
View All Quotes

Use a .45 can.
???
Profit.

You sacrifice sound suppression as well as size. I wouldn't pay SBR tax just to turnaround and put unnecessary length back on the gun. No compromises.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#31]

You sacrifice sound suppression as well as size. I wouldn't pay SBR tax just to turnaround and put unnecessary length back on the gun. No compromises.
View All Quotes

Use a .45 can.
???
Profit.

My thoughts too.  I want the shortest, lightest set up I can make with the Scorpion.   The only question (to me) is the mount at this point.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Sherminator:
View Quote

Does KAK not have any? I ordered from them about a week ago and they had a ton in stock
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 5:11:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mrsaturn7085] [#33]

View Quote

I'm using an AAC Ti-Rant 45S.  I would gamble the added volume of the can will end up about the same in terms of sound suppression (as in, you can only tell the difference with a meter).  The only size I'm sacrificing is by not using the AAC Ti-Rant 9S can - I don't think there are any decent 9mm cans below 6.42".  The only one I even know of is the Thompson Machine Poseidon, and I don't think you can slap a 3-lug on that.

AAC 3-lug adapter is on the way, but this should be roughly the OAL within 1/2" or so.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 6:09:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#34]
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 6:41:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pedro66] [#35]
So I know we did the first SBR and the first select fire conversion the day these hit the stores now had a customer who really wanted a 922r Evo told him that a kit was coming but he wanted it now and will buy the kit later so here it is

Parts made/replaced

Trigger
Hammer
1/2x28 Adaptor
Stock End
Magazine Follower
Magazine Base

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By pedro66:
So I know we did the first SBR and the first select fire conversion the day these hit the stores now had a customer who really wanted a 922r Evo told him that a kit was coming but he wanted it now and will buy the kit later so here it is

Parts made/replaced

Trigger
Hammer
1/2x28 Adaptor
Stock End
Magazine Follower
Magazine Base

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq173/pedro_66/Comp_zpsgpwhbve2.jpg
View Quote

Cost and availability?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By pedro66:

Parts made/replaced

Trigger
Hammer
1/2x28 Adaptor
Stock End
Magazine Follower
Magazine Base

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq173/pedro_66/Comp_zpsgpwhbve2.jpg
View Quote

Is this something you're selling? If so how could we get one, cost etc?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#38]
BTW, I will be willing to shell $200 bucks for a dedicated 3-lug barrel. Anybody?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#39]
BTW, I will be willing to shell $200 bucks for a dedicated 3-lug barrel. Anybody?
View Quote

that would be awesome sauce and I'd totally be all about that.  However, I sense they may be a bit more than $200....

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Considering the adapters to run an AAC can will run you around $280...
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#41]
This is going to have to do until my Form 1 comes back:

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:33:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Considering the adapters to run an AAC can will run you around $280...
View Quote

Wut? Got mine for $200. Actually free with the damn the man promotion
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 7:38:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By GTHKTX:

Does KAK not have any? I ordered from them about a week ago and they had a ton in stock
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTHKTX:
Originally Posted By Sherminator:

They were out of stock until about 11am yesterday. Got the email notification they were back in stock and ordered right away!
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#44]
200 + 80 for the muzzle adapter.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:01:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thedude2] [#45]
View Quote

The SFU with the blade looks pretty sweet!  So how solid does it feel with the SFU?  Did it install okay for you without the latch plate?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Anybody have a slide fire/folding sig brace in the works for the scorpion yet?

Its a serious question, since we can't get a fun switch.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:48:10 AM EDT
[#47]

<a href="http://s268.photobucket.com/user/DigDug111/media/2015-06-26%2021.34.48_zpsjj3bxgyo.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/DigDug111/2015-06-26%2021.34.48_zpsjj3bxgyo.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s268.photobucket.com/user/DigDug111/media/2015-06-26%2021.35.00_zpsrzox0wyi.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/DigDug111/2015-06-26%2021.35.00_zpsrzox0wyi.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s268.photobucket.com/user/DigDug111/media/2015-06-26%2021.35.43_zpsaeub71nj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/DigDug111/2015-06-26%2021.35.43_zpsaeub71nj.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s268.photobucket.com/user/DigDug111/media/2015-06-26%2021.35.24_zpsal5khaqh.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/DigDug111/2015-06-26%2021.35.24_zpsal5khaqh.jpg</a>
View Quote

How do you like the ADM mount paired with the Vortex?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Sweet. Just got the email, Form 1 finally approved. now I just need a compliance kit/factory stock...
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By king_reptar:
Sweet. Just got the email, Form 1 finally approved. now I just need a compliance kit/factory stock...
View Quote

I'm jealous, mine is still at least a month out.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By king_reptar:
View Quote

Sweet. When did you submit? Hoping to see mine soon.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 69 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top