Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 68 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#1]
4 less of whatever now.  Thanks for sharing!

I see all these AR stock adapters - anyone thought of trying to do an ACR stock adapter?  I know they did a run of them on HKPRO for UMPs, looked like it worked out pretty well.  Maybe a good Manticore project?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice, snagged some 30's.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Lan world has the Hera side folder back in stock.  Just ordered one and will post pics when I get it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]
My TROS 3-lug adapter just showed up in the mail:

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:
Ok.  Myself and two other buddies have taken the plunge and have joined the Evo 3 club.  Signed up for email notifications on 30 round mag availability.  

Form 1's are soon to be filed.  However, also want to get the suppressor forms going.  Which route are you guys going for suppression?  Octane 9 seems to be a leading candidate given that SilencerCo has already made the adapter.   But are there other options we should be exploring?
View Quote

E Form 1's are right at 3 months wait right now. I went with a Silencerco Octane 9 HD and will be going with Manticore's tri lug adapter. It's THE set up to have imo.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for the link on the 30's! I finally have more than a single 30rd mag now.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:24:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LabelFacingRight] [#8]
Well, over the weekend I bought a Scorpion from PSA for $799 OTD with no transfer fee from my FFL, bought a new PA microdot for it yesterday, and just grabbed 3 30 rounders from Cotes.

Glad that I've been traveling and working 13 hour days for the last month straight, without the OT and per diem my bank account would really hate me right now.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Plz can you post pics of it installed? Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:38:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKJohnny] [#10]
Got my 30rd mag order in today

AK Johnny
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By robertmegar:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Here you go. Waiting for the Rocksett to cure now.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By LabelFacingRight:
Well, over the weekend I bought a Scorpion from PSA for $799 OTD with no transfer fee from my FFL, bought a new PA microdot for it yesterday, and just grabbed 3 30 rounders from Cotes.

Glad that I've been traveling and working 13 hour days for the last month straight, without the OT and per diem my bank account would really hate me right now.
View Quote

+1 for OT = Guns. I have been working lots of double shifts lately. I worked 40 hours from Fri-Sun alone and just ordered a FDE Tavor as a reward for all my hard work. lol
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:49:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lithgow303] [#13]

View All Quotes

Mine showed up today as well.  SilencerCo Octane 9 HD II w/three lug adapter

ETA: HTCOne doesn't take good pics...  =(

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:03:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKJohnny] [#14]
cryo_tech

Scorpion really looks good with Shockwave brace I see no reason to SBR it.
btw where did you get the left side folding adapter?  It does fit the Scorp... right.

AK Johnny

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#15]
30's still in stock at time of posting Greg Cote LLC

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BGENE:

View Quote

By the time I finished registering they were gone..
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:40:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ImageX] [#17]
Originally Posted By AKJohnny:
cryo_tech

Scorpion really looks good with Shockwave brace I see no reason to SBR it.
btw where did you get the left side folding adapter?  It does fit the Scorp... right.

AK Johnny

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg92/wdrodgers/Mobile%20Uploads/20150619_184048_zpskvwilsoj.jpg
View Quote

You can't legally shoulder a Shockwave... so there is a huge reason to SBR the Scorpion.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Longboat:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Longboat:
Originally Posted By BGENE:

They will get more, it seems they get a shipment every couple weeks, I missed the first couple announcements and got some last week.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I know but it still looks good and you can always
use your cheek or strap it to your arm.

Evermore
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:23:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AKJohnny:
I know but it still looks good and you can always
use your cheek or strap it to your arm.

Evermore
View Quote

... but that's excessively lame.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:26:01 PM EDT
[#21]
QD mount from PMM. Still waiting on final design for the rear.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By ImageX:

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/6923/YKXEpB.jpg
View Quote
I've got one of his QD mounts for my PS90. Nice stuff.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Managed to get an order in for 3 Cote's mags. Thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:10:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ToyCop:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ToyCop:
Originally Posted By ImageX:

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/6923/YKXEpB.jpg

Yeah, he does great work. I run his QD mounts on my Scar 17 and like them alot.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:13:49 AM EDT
[#25]
This is almost exactly the thing I wanted. Now if only somebody would take this thing and make it adaptable for glock magazines with the ability to add a side folder after the tax stamp. Hows the reliability?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Woffar:
This is almost exactly the thing I wanted. Now if only somebody would take this thing and make it adaptable for glock magazines with the ability to add a side folder after the tax stamp. Hows the reliability?
View Quote

Why? The CZ mags are very reliable and cheaper than glock mags. It does have a side folding stock, just waiting for CZ to make a 922r compliance kit with the stock included, should be released late summer.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Hking:

Why? The CZ mags are very reliable and cheaper than glock mags. It does have a side folding stock, just waiting for CZ to make a 922r compliance kit with the stock included, should be released late summer.
View All Quotes

They are a few more dollars for a couple more rounds. I hope you see the benefit of only having to buy magazine for everything. There is a huge market for this if only we could get something other than 1200 ar platforms with buffer tubes or a 16" keltec. If another cz like model was brought forth that accepted glock magazines it could sell for a 100 dollars more and still outsell the evo 3, 3 to 1. Or even better a model that accepts known triggers for 250 more. I still may get the scorpion because it looks like it fits the bill.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#28]

They are a few more dollars for a couple more rounds. I hope you see the benefit of only having to buy magazine for everything. There is a huge market for this if only we could get something other than 1200 ar platforms with buffer tubes or a 16" keltec. If another cz like model was brought forth that accepted glock magazines it could sell for a 100 dollars more and still outsell the evo 3, 3 to 1. Or even better a model that accepts known triggers for 250 more. I still may get the scorpion because it looks like it fits the bill.
View All Quotes

I'd rather see Magpul bring a polymer mag with metal feed lips for the CZ, but that's probably never gonna happen
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By GTHKTX:
I'd rather see Magpul bring a polymer mag with metal feed lips for the CZ, but that's probably never gonna happen
View Quote

That's an awfully strange thing to want out of Magpul. Lancer would be your best bet for polymer mags with metal feed lips but they're in Sig's pocket with the $70 MPX mags.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Several have folding stocks now. You can add a folding hinge to the sb15 adapter and fold to your hearts content with the sb15 and then when the stamp comes in change it to a real AR stock and there ya go.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

A PCC taking pistol mags is a total turn-off for me - capacity is a huge part of what makes me want PCCs. Those 30+ round Glock mags are novelties. As for the trigger.................... basically what you're saying is you want an AR-15 that takes Glock mags.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#32]
More ignorant questions.  My buddies and  I all have Scorpions in bound.  You guys have pretty much convinced me that a 3-lug suppressor mount is the way to go.  And you have convinced me that the Octane is the suppressor I should be focusing on. So, I understand that I will need a 3-lug adaptor (such as the one by Manticor) to convert the funky threads on the scorpion.  But then do I need a special piston or adapter on the Octane itself for mounting to the 3-lug adapter? (I see that SilencerCo sells a 3-lug octane mount for $137.)  

So it appears that I need to purchase the 3-lug adapter for the scorpion, the octane suppressor itself, AND THEN spend another $137 for the 3-lug mount if 3-lug mounting is the route I want to go.  Do I have this correct?  It is about as clear as mud to me right now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

A PCC taking pistol mags is a total turn-off for me - capacity is a huge part of what makes me want PCCs. Those 30+ round Glock mags are novelties. As for the trigger.................... basically what you're saying is you want an AR-15 that takes Glock mags.
View All Quotes

TNW ASP, $800, takes Glock mags
LDR9, $550, takes Glock mags
POF PSG, $1000, takes Colt mags

There are plenty of options out there...
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#34]
More ignorant questions.  My buddies and  I all have Scorpions in bound.  You guys have pretty much convinced me that a 3-lug suppressor mount is the way to go.  And you have convinced me that the Octane is the suppressor I should be focusing on. So, I understand that I will need a 3-lug adaptor (such as the one by Manticor) to convert the funky threads on the scorpion.  But then do I need a special piston or adapter on the Octane itself for mounting to the 3-lug adapter? (I see that SilencerCo sells a 3-lug octane mount for $137.)  

So it appears that I need to purchase the 3-lug adapter for the scorpion, the octane suppressor itself, AND THEN spend another $137 for the 3-lug mount if 3-lug mounting is the route I want to go.  Do I have this correct?  It is about as clear as mud to me right now.
View Quote

Correct. I did the same thing. It is expensive up front. But the better option IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

View All Quotes

More buffer tubes that do not fit the criteria.

How can you call a magazine with an almost perfect reliability rate a massive manufacturing base behind it and a legion of happy glock 9mm 33rd owners a novelty? The trigger does not even concern me but just a suggestion for sales. Anything with a quick reset would do well.

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:27:32 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
Well, the 3 lug is not always the best option.  

3 lug barrels are definitely handy.   They retain the can very well and you dont have to worry about them unscrewing.  When you put a threaded 3 lug adapter on a barrel, you lose the main benefit of the 3 lug coupler -- retention.   If you were to say that your three lug adapter doesnt unthread, then a traditional threaded mount wouldnt either.   So basically, you only gain that quick, efficient QD ability (which Ill admit is nice).  

Also, most 3 lug mounts have a significant amount of play.  If youve never done it, mount your can on one of your other 3 lug barrels, and push up and down on the can.   Youll see right away that there is a good bit of slop.  If you add that slop to the slop youve already got when you use an adapter, you end up with a much higher chance of endcap strikes.  Im not trying to scare anyone or say that the 3 lug mounts wont work, but you will definitely run a higher risk of problems.   I wont personally use adapters.   If I wanted 3 lug that bad, I would pull the barrel and have it machined that way.   Or wait for an aftermarket one.  

My two cents.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

If you didn't need it to fire while folded, there's always the LAW adapter...
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TurkeyLeg:

3 lug barrels are definitely handy.   They retain the can very well and you dont have to worry about them unscrewing.  When you put a threaded 3 lug adapter on a barrel, you lose the main benefit of the 3 lug coupler -- retention.   If you were to say that your three lug adapter doesnt unthread, then a traditional threaded mount wouldnt either.   So basically, you only gain that quick, efficient QD ability (which Ill admit is nice).  

Also, most 3 lug mounts have a significant amount of play.  If youve never done it, mount your can on one of your other 3 lug barrels, and push up and down on the can.   Youll see right away that there is a good bit of slop.  If you add that slop to the slop youve already got when you use an adapter, you end up with a much higher chance of endcap strikes.  Im not trying to scare anyone or say that the 3 lug mounts wont work, but you will definitely run a higher risk of problems.   I wont personally use adapters.   If I wanted 3 lug that bad, I would pull the barrel and have it machined that way.   Or wait for an aftermarket one.  

My two cents.  

View All Quotes

My two cents.  

What is Rocksett??
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#39]
What is Rocksett??
View Quote

Rocksett
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#40]

What is Rocksett??
View All Quotes

My two cents.  

What is Rocksett??
Rocksett doesnt remove the slop from the adapter.    

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

What is Rocksett??

Gents...I appreciate the discussion.  

When you say adapter in this context, you mean the part that is attached to the can, correct?  I assume rocksetting the thread adaptor to the barrel removes any possible "slop" from that end.  But I may not be understanding this correctly either.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Manticore's 3 lug will index off the factory pin.

I don't see it as an issue.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#43]

When you say adapter in this context, you mean the part that is attached to the can, correct?  I assume rocksetting the thread adaptor to the barrel removes any possible "slop" from that end.  But I may not be understanding this correctly either.
View All Quotes

What is Rocksett??

When I say adapter in this context, Im refering to the 3 lug adapter you purchase that fits the Evo barrel.   It will have 18mm threads on one side and a male 3 lug mount on the other.  

Rocksett is great stuff, but it doesnt take slop out of the adapter.  Its a thread locker that is used to keep components from unthreading due to vibration.  

The slop Im refering to occurs whenever two threaded components are coupled.   Even though the 18mm thread the CZ uses requires parts to index on the muzzle, you still have slight misalignment anytime you thread two components together.    

So, you have a 3 lug adapter that threads onto your pistol.   The 3 lug mount for your can then couples onto that.     The can itself is then threaded onto that mount.    Basically, you have three points where tolerances can stack up and wreak havoc, vs. only two if you just use an 18mm direct mount (which you could also Rocksett if you wanted).  

I dont mean to imply that youre going to tear up your stuff using these parts.   It just increases the risk you take, thats all.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

Manticore's 3 lug will index off the factory pin.

I don't see it as an issue.
View Quote
What do you mean by pin?   Do you mean the spring clip that holds the flash hider in place?

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

My two cents.  

What is Rocksett??

Whatever you call slop, it doesn't matter for any measurable performance or safety issue. See the tens of thousands MP5 issued with three lugs used on service or on NFA owners with no pervasive problem.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#46]

How can you call a magazine with an almost perfect reliability rate a massive manufacturing base behind it and a legion of happy glock 9mm 33rd owners a novelty? The trigger does not even concern me but just a suggestion for sales. Anything with a quick reset would do well.

View All Quotes

The problem with the Glock mag is it is a giant stick and would look stupid hanging out of the bottom of the Scorpion.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#47]

Whatever you call slop, it doesn't matter for any measurable performance or safety issue. See the tens of thousands MP5 issued with three lugs used on service or on NFA owners with no pervasive problem.
View All Quotes

My two cents.  

What is Rocksett??

There has never been an MP5 or HK of any sort that had a 3 lug mount that wasnt machined into the barrel.   We arent talking about the 3 lug itself.  We are discussing the stackup of tolerances you get when you start piling on adapters.

I honestly dont think you read or understood my post.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:28:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Here is my  contribution to the thread, just got it today very happy with it.

" />
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Has anybody picked up the CZ adjustable sights? Any reviews floating around on them?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:41:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:
Has anybody picked up the CZ adjustable sights? Any reviews floating around on them?
View Quote

I have a set but haven't put them on.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 68 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top