Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 31 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Good posts guys. Form 1 should be here any day now.

I haven't cleaned my gun yet and don't plan to any time soon. We'll see how long that lasts.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 11:12:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Johnson184:

BisonWorld hit the nail on the head!!!

That Kaboom incident shows off more CZ's customer service than anything else. It sure sounds like a reloaded ammo problem to me, no offense to whomever it was that posted it.

But this is my first CZ gun, and I'm quite impressed with everything so far. The only nitpick I had besides what's been stated and will be fixed is the gun's internals came coated with something that took quite a bit of paper towels to wipe off for me to get fireclean onto bare metal.
View Quote

This.

I was thoroughly impressed when I read that they took care of the kaboom.

They were also very nice on the phone when I called to place my order, and answered all the questions that I had the best that they could. I cant wait to get my new toy!

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#3]
My form 1 got approved today! I'm just waiting for my us machine-gun adapter to get here (Monday) and I will be good to go. I am only missing 30 round mags. I have been refreshing that CZ page like a teenage girl trying to get Taylor Swift tickets on Ticketmaster. I will get some photos and video up soon. I ended up putting a MFT minimalist on the Scorpion for now. I'm pretty happy with it. I refused to buy yet another CTR. I plan on using my AAC Tirant 45 with 1/2 x 28 threads and the fixed barrel spacer.

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:02:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DoorMan1911] [#4]
Originally Posted By rcmorgan540:
My form 1 got approved today! I'm just waiting for my us machine-gun adapter to get here (Monday) and I will be good to go. I am only missing 30 round mags. I have been refreshing that CZ page like a teenage girl trying to get Taylor Swift tickets on Ticketmaster. I will get some photos and video up soon. I ended up putting a MFT minimalist on the Scorpion for now. I'm pretty happy with it. I refused to buy yet another CTR. I plan on using my AAC Tirant 45 with 1/2 x 28 threads and the fixed barrel spacer.

View Quote

When did u submit
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By itstock:

After waiting for reviews, reading them, and waiting for parts to be released, I can honestly say that I think I am out on this one.  The SIG MPX looks more appealing, even if it is twice the price.  It's quite disappointing and hopefully CZ gets their shit together so I can get a cheap shooter in the future.

(threading, stock, mags not available, safety, and the kaboom all made me come to this conclusion)
View Quote
Three months ago people were saying that this gun was going to be as big as the 10/22, and we'd have as many companies lining up to make aftermarket parts for it.  So far, we've got two guys making thread adapters, and CZ is bringing the guns into the country in higher numbers than they're bringing the 30-round mags in.

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FLATFOOT762:
This.

They were also very nice on the phone when I called to place my order, and answered all the questions that I had the best that they could. I cant wait to get my new toy!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FLATFOOT762:
Originally Posted By Johnson184:
BisonWorld hit the nail on the head!!!

That Kaboom incident shows off more CZ's customer service than anything else. It sure sounds like a reloaded ammo problem to me, no offense to whomever it was that posted it.

But this is my first CZ gun, and I'm quite impressed with everything so far. The only nitpick I had besides what's been stated and will be fixed is the gun's internals came coated with something that took quite a bit of paper towels to wipe off for me to get fireclean onto bare metal.
This.

Yeah, no questions asked replacement, it will be here Monday.  Less time than I waited for the first one from order to receipt.  Could very well have been my fault.  I've never had a kaboom in anything, reloads or other with the exception of an FAL that cracked cases when shooting Tula, but if the round didn't chamber that portion of the failure is likely on me.

There's almost zero reason to complain about CZ or their release of the Evo.  To complain about CZ out of one side of one's mouth and then say you're going to get an MPX instead out of the other is about the most ridiculous comparison you could make.  As much as I love SIG, I bet the MPX is vaporware.  Sorry.  A 9mm gas gun.  Custom one offs tweaked to a particular ammo?  Sure.  Production rack grade carbines?  We'll see.  Easier to engineer guns have been DOA before.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By felrom:

Three months ago people were saying that this gun was going to be as big as the 10/22, and we'd have as many companies lining up to make aftermarket parts for it.  So far, we've got two guys making thread adapters, and CZ is bringing the guns into the country in higher numbers than they're bringing the 30-round mags in.

View All Quotes

After waiting for reviews, reading them, and waiting for parts to be released, I can honestly say that I think I am out on this one.  The SIG MPX looks more appealing, even if it is twice the price.  It's quite disappointing and hopefully CZ gets their shit together so I can get a cheap shooter in the future.

(threading, stock, mags not available, safety, and the kaboom all made me come to this conclusion)

It will never be as big as the 10/22. It is a pistol that should be a rifle. The amount of people willing to go through the hassle of the NFA is small.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jh1990:

It will never be as big as the 10/22. It is a pistol that should be a rifle. The amount of people willing to go through the hassle of the NFA is small.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jh1990:

He's sadly right.

And personally for me it's no hassle to Form 1, but I have no interest in this till they release the factory stock for it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:40:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#9]
What is the manufacturer address for a form 1 (4a) submission?  Is it the Czech Republic or CZ-USA addy?  If the former, what is it?  I can't verify addresses I'm finding online, since I can't read/write Czech.

Disregard that stricken comment.  I found the CZ home address.  Posted here for anyone else who needs it for form 1 purposes:

Ceská zbrojovka a.s.
Svatopluka Cecha 1283
688 27 Uherský Brod
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:54:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ImageX] [#10]
I could not resist either and ordered an EVO. This is going to be a great SBR so I hope all the stock and compliance issues are worked out soon. If anyone is curious... there are 9 backorders including mine at Impact Guns. They told me a shipment of 10-15 is expected within two weeks.

Also, I talked with a company that is known for making SCAR accessories including awesome QD sling mounts. Is that something everyone would intersted in? They'll just need to source a gun to get measurements off and I'll probably be sending mine to have that done. They make great items and the EVO is gonna take off bigtime imo.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#11]
30 rounders in stock at the CZ store. Only 5 left as of right now.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ImageX:
I could not resist either and ordered an EVO. This is going to be a great SBR so I hope all the stock and compliance issues are worked out soon. If anyone is curious... there are 9 backorders including mine at Impact Guns. They told me a shipment of 10-15 is expected within two weeks.

Also, I talked with a company that is known for making SCAR accessories including awesome QD sling mounts. Is that something everyone would intersted in? They'll just need to source a gun to get measurements off and I'll probably be sending mine to have that done. They make great items and the EVO is gonna take off bigtime imo.
View Quote

I'm down.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Good News… Form 1 was approved a week ago.

Kind of Bad News… I missed the 30rd mags again.

Bad News… I paid a CZ parts guy over in Europe for an Evo stock over a month ago and the tracking has never been updated so I'm pretty sure that it was either lost or I got scammed. Hard to tell since his broken english responses to my emails literally make no sense.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MichaelHK:

Bad News… I paid a CZ parts guy over in Europe for an Evo stock over a month ago and the tracking has never been updated so I'm pretty sure that it was either lost or I got scammed. Hard to tell since his broken english responses to my emails literally make no sense.
View Quote

He is probably using google translate, not actual English.

And stuff does disappear, or even get returned by customs.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:36:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#15]
QUICK what size screws to hold in the buffer tube on the AR stock adapter?

It should say in the AR brace adapter paperwork but I forgot it and I'm at the store.

Edit: 10-32 3/16 half dog socket head screw.

They only had 1/2" button head at lowes so I'll see if I can trim them with the dremel.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Dispute the charge.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By rtran:

Dispute the charge.
View All Quotes

Dispute the charge.

Opened a PayPal claim yesterday so we'll see how that goes. Unfortunately I didn't pay with my CC where it wouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Opened a PayPal claim yesterday so we'll see how that goes. Unfortunately I didn't pay with my CC where it wouldn't be an issue.
View All Quotes

Dispute the charge.

Paypal claim for a product that violates their "terms of use"? What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By USGI:

Paypal claim for a product that violates their "terms of use"? What could go wrong?
View All Quotes

Dispute the charge.

If history is any indicator, they lock your related account and freeze your funds.  If that's your checking account you're screwed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

If history is any indicator, they lock your related account and freeze your funds.  If that's your checking account you're screwed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

Dispute the charge.

Dun dun dun! Looks like this keeps getting better.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Speaking from experience, international shipping generally doesn't update much till it hits/passes US customs.
Though the broken English cracked me up, lol.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Starting to see sbr Evo around ..

Thinking people have bigger balls then I do or they think asking for forgiveness will work with the atf

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mobilecommand:

Thinking people have bigger balls then I do or they think asking for forgiveness will work with the atf

View Quote

Could sombody get a Form 1 approved and then wait until US parts are available to make the pistol into an SBR?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Wespe:

Could sombody get a Form 1 approved and then wait until US parts are available to make the pistol into an SBR?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wespe:
Originally Posted By mobilecommand:

Yes
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:55:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MichaelHK] [#25]
Originally Posted By LeonC:

Speaking from experience, international shipping generally doesn't update much till it hits/passes US customs.
View All Quotes

Good to know, but over a month seems a little excessive though, no? Package coming from the Czech Republic.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#26]

Good to know, but over a month seems a little excessive though, no? Package coming from the Czech Republic.
View All Quotes

I wouldn't give up hope yet.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#27]
10 round magazines are in stock for those of you behind enemy lines!

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:02:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#28]
They also have mag couplers in stock.

Please note, the $12.95 price is for 2 mag couplers that work as a SET to attach two magazines together.

I purchased one set and like it so far. They just slide on and don't feel like they are going to move because of how tightly they fit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#29]
179 Mag Couplers in stock

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19888_Cz-Scorpion-Mag-Coupler-Set
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

I think they did away with surface mail (aka a boat), but when I was in Germany, the record was 8 weeks for surface mail.

If the guy was trying to save money, he may have sent it surface.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Dearest Ceská Zbrojovka, how about some more 30-rounders for those of us who currently own EVOs. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By SLAPPYROOTZ:
Dearest Ceská Zbrojovka, how about some more 30-rounders for those of us who currently own EVOs. Thanks.
View Quote

Yup ... Exactly what he said!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone look into threading the "pistol" rear block to take AR buffer tubes? I don't want to spend $80 for the CZ adapter when I am going to toss the pistol tube in storage anyway. I might take a crack at it but I worry its not deep enough to be stable.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Hking:
Anyone look into threading the "pistol" rear block to take AR buffer tubes? I don't want to spend $80 for the CZ adapter when I am going to toss the pistol tube in storage anyway. I might take a crack at it but I worry its not deep enough to be stable.
View Quote

It's nowhere near deep enough for that.

I'd recommend buying the adapter (for now). I did. Once my stamp comes in (sometime this weekend) I'll sell the tube for $25 and have $55 into the adapter which ain't bad.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 4:01:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#35]
View Quote

But you could probably face it and thread a couple bolt holes and mount a folding ACE adapter for a US made folding stock option...
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 4:47:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

I'd recommend buying the adapter (for now). I did. Once my stamp comes in (sometime this weekend) I'll sell the tube for $25 and have $55 into the adapter which ain't bad.
View All Quotes

That's what I'm doing too.  Even if I can't sell the tube, for $80, it wasn't worth my time to try to do it myself.  Oh, I also don't have the tools or a clue on how to do it, so YMMV...
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:00:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#37]
Originally Posted By MidMichHunter:

That's what I'm doing too.  Even if I can't sell the tube, for $80, it wasn't worth my time to try to do it myself.  Oh, I also don't have the tools or a clue on how to do it, so YMMV...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MidMichHunter:

I've got the right reamer and tap that I don't use anymore, because 80%'s are tapped now, but no Scorpion to try it on
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:43:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rxcoug98] [#38]
I will sell you my buffer tube adapter. It is brand new. $55 shipped. I paid $87 shipped from CZ. I have given up on getting a Scorpion.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#39]
I have the drill and tap as well as a manticore triangle stock and stormwerkz hinge. If I get bored tomorrow I'll play around with the dremel and hand drill and see what I can do.

I don't think I have a tap handle though so I'll need to go borrow one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Rxcoug98:
I will sell you my buffer tube adapter. It is brand new. $55 shipped. I paid $87 shipped from CZ. I have given up on getting a Scorpion.
View Quote

Email sent
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Does anyone know if CZ has a part number, or SKU, or model number for the factory stock?  My search has proven fruitless.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:30:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aisniper] [#42]
Been looking and all I can find is an NSN for the Military version. Things elusive, don't think your going to find it short of calling them. On another note my evo pistol is coming in next week  
Bit the bullet so to speak and got one off Gunbroker....$900 + shipping
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#43]
One of my LE dealers emailed me today. They just got a pallet in and I can get one for $775

Won't be able to pick it up until Monday or Tuesday of next because I work all weekend though, but I don't really see me shooting it much until I can get a factory folding stock and SBR it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:56:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Leeland111:
One of my LE dealers emailed me today. They just got a pallet in and I can get one for $775

Won't be able to pick it up until Monday or Tuesday of next because I work all weekend though, but I don't really see me shooting it much until I can get a factory folding stock and SBR it.
View Quote

Will they sell to civilians? I have a buddy that needs one.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

I've waited longer for things stuck in customs.
Had a package show up 3-4 months after it was shipped once.
It got held up in Russia, then at our customs.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#46]
I spoke with Jeff Neumann at CZ today. He tells me the 30 round mags will be off the website until they are back in stock. He says there will be no more released until MAY!!!!  FML! Someone send me a PM if you cane spare one of 2 30 rounders. I will make it worth your while.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Well...drinking and gun broker got the best of me.
My new Evo will hopefully ship today.
Fingers crossed!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#48]

I just got a call today, saying mine is ready to ship!!

Quick question for those that have sent their form 1 in. For the overall length, you guys are using the length with the factory folder? If so, and IF something happens where CZ isn't able to release the factory folder, would the form 1 need to be amended for the length with whatever stock you decide to use (an AR stock with the stock adapter, for instance)? I want to form 1 it as soon as it comes in, but was curious about what would happen if I end up needing to use a different stock.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:08:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pedro66] [#49]

View All Quotes

Don't wait for CZ 30 rounders make a 100 round

What do you think?

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Stamp approved

SD8A2001-Edit.jpg by clicksully, on Flickr

SD8A2012-Edit.jpg by clicksully, on Flickr
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 31 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top