Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 133 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#1]
When do the new pistols and carbines come in?

Link Posted: 4/9/2016 5:07:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mauritius:

View Quote

Thats the $64,000 question. Are you worried about 41f?
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 5:24:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#3]
So what was CZ's original motivation for 18mm threads? Are they popular in Europe?
I refuse to believe CZ's US market research led them to think the US market wanted them...
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
So what was CZ's original motivation for 18mm threads? Are they popular in Europe?
I refuse to believe CZ's US market research led them to think the US market wanted them...
View Quote

They didn't  care what was popular in the civilian market when they designed it for military use.  It was probably the closest size to the barrel profile to minimize machine time.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:

It was probably the closest size to the barrel profile to minimize machine time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JoshAston:

It was probably the closest size to the barrel profile to minimize machine time.

I could believe this.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

I would like to get one in before.  I'll probably bite within the next week.  Figure gen2 might fetch a premium over gen 1 anyway and I'm ok with the gen1.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 7:23:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#7]
Originally Posted By Marbsy81:

I would like to get one in before.  I'll probably bite within the next week.  Figure gen2 might fetch a premium over gen 1 anyway and I'm ok with the gen1.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Marbsy81:

I was in the same boat. I'm excited nonetheless for my gen 1
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By seattlite:
Advantage of re-threading is to save on added length to the barrel and IMHO, just looks better if the can is closer to the forearm.

So..who is the preferred re-threading vendor that does not require the barrel to be removed from the upper.

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Burnsy87:

Originally Posted By copperhead035:

What adapter should I grab to get it to accept 1/2x28 threads?

I just ordered this one 10 minutes ago:  http://czcustom.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1/cz-evo-suppressor-adapter-blue.html

They also have them in stainless

Thanks.

Can't decide if I want to go that route or just have the barrel worked on. If I  just have the barrel rethreaded I wouldn't be able to use my Osprey on it.

Advantage of re-threading is to save on added length to the barrel and IMHO, just looks better if the can is closer to the forearm.

So..who is the preferred re-threading vendor that does not require the barrel to be removed from the upper.

I thought about having mine rethreaded, but so many people have what sounds like easy work screwed up that I don't want to have to worry.  I'll deal with the extra ~1 inch of length of the adapter.  If I hate it that much, I'll get the correct fixed mount for my Octane so I don't need the adapter.  I plan on picking up a carbine foregrip once it's available so nobody will see that part of it anyway.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 10:56:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm going to shoot mine for the first time tomorrow. If it doesn't blow up or malfunction, I'll submit a stamp soon too.
I have the world model, does anyone foresee any issues regarding the oval insert and the cut in the bolt? Sort of a strange question but I want to make sure mine is good to go before I file for a stamp.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 12:20:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: skipper469] [#10]

I thought about having mine rethreaded, but so many people have what sounds like easy work screwed up that I don't want to have to worry.  I'll deal with the extra ~1 inch of length of the adapter.  If I hate it that much, I'll get the correct fixed mount for my Octane so I don't need the adapter.  I plan on picking up a carbine foregrip once it's available so nobody will see that part of it anyway.
View All Quotes

I just ordered this one 10 minutes ago:  http://czcustom.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1/cz-evo-suppressor-adapter-blue.html

Thanks.

Can't decide if I want to go that route or just have the barrel worked on. If I  just have the barrel rethreaded I wouldn't be able to use my Osprey on it.

I was going to have mine rethreaded too, but I didn't want to bother with it, so I went ahead and bought a Silencerco direct thread adapter as I will be using my Octane 45 on it until my Omega 9k gets approved. Having a dedicated can I don't see the need for rethreading or 3-lug. If I was switching it between host, yes. But for my application simple is best.

Edit: I'm also hoping the flash hider spring clip keeps the can from backing off. If not, I will have to do a 3-lug. I will know soon enough, as my thread adapter should be here by Wednesday.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Thanks.

The must be removed to re thread so your answer is no one. You may find someone who will do the disassembly for you but unless they're local, you have the hassle of shipping a pistol.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By thebomber:

The must be removed to re thread so your answer is no one. You may find someone who will do the disassembly for you but unless they're local, you have the hassle of shipping a pistol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thebomber:

Thanks.

Its not that hard to get the barrel assembly out, and it can be threaded with the trunion thing still on it. I had mine done by US Machinegun and he did a fantastic job, was about $100 with shipping.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 10:31:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LabelFacingRight] [#13]
Does anyone know the thread pattern of the ejector pin (http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/366005500703_Ejector-Pin-Evo) for the Evo?

I ordered a new lower and the hole for it isn't threaded and was debating on threading it myself or just trying to get the screw to self thread.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Received my 922r kit from Rainier on Saturday.  It came with the old style stock (plastic joint, hook instead of magnet).  The bag says that it is the stock assy for the A1 model.  Is there any disadvantage of the older version of the stock?
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Hking:
Its not that hard to get the barrel assembly out, and it can be threaded with the trunion thing still on it. I had mine done by US Machinegun and he did a fantastic job, was about $100 with shipping.
View Quote

You use heat on the barrel nut? Read on another forum regarding some solvent/chem that can eat through and loosen red loctite.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I just picked up a scorpion Friday with the cz brace kit and sig brace. I just found this topic today and saw the post about the welded trigger group nut. Unfortunately mine is welded and before finding this out I was going to order the HBI trigger spring so I guess I will have to wait. As far as turning this into an sbr, what other parts can I use to make it 922 compliant? I can't change out the trigger spring so that's out. Does the brace kit or sig brace count? I assume not but I'm not sure. What would be the best parts to choose? New grip, charging handle, trigger shoe? Thanks and sorry if this has been addressed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Just drill out that welded screw. Plenty have done it already. Or just file your form 1.  You can wait for CZ to start swapping out the lowers and do the upgrades then.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CTran555:
Just drill out that welded screw. Plenty have done it already. Or just file your form 1.  You can wait for CZ to start swapping out the lowers and do the upgrades then.

View Quote

I was going to ask about doing it this way
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

because it's made in EU and we use metric screws over here
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Drilling out the welded collar is easy. Took 5 mins to do. I used a dremel with a grinding bit. It worked better than a drill bit. Then just unscrew the bolt. The collar is not needed. Here you can see what mint looks like with the welded collar removed.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Frens:

View All Quotes

And 18mm is common? It just seems very large
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:40:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frens] [#22]

View All Quotes

given the barrel thickness seems like it was the obvious size to use.
screws/nuts/bolts etc are made with 1 or 2mm increments usually... 18 is quite common, 17 or 19mm I guess would have been weird even for us european

ETA:
I dont know why but couldnt resist and ordered a barrel cooler (item no.4) that is usually missing on the civilian version..
anyone installed one already?

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#23]

screws/nuts/bolts etc are made with 1 or 2mm increments usually... 18 is quite common, 17 or 19mm I guess would have been weird even for us european
View All Quotes

Thank you for the response.
My scorpion is sitting on a ups truck 75 miles away since Saturday afternoon and the expected delivery is Tuesday
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#24]

ETA:

I dont know why but couldnt resist and ordered a barrel cooler (item no.4) that is usually missing on the civilian version..

https://s23.postimg.org/988j2rraz/Schermata+2016-04-11+alle+20.38.00.png

View All Quotes

ETA:

https://s23.postimg.org/988j2rraz/Schermata+2016-04-11+alle+20.38.00.png

LOL,  I been wanting to do that.  Where did you order it from and can you take Pics when you get it?

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By PC-Tech:

LOL,  I been wanting to do that.  Where did you order it from and can you take Pics when you get it?

View Quote

there's a guy from CZ on eBay selling OEM parts.
I've ordered from him in the past and the parts are GTG.

I'll report back once I get.. it shouldn't take too much time to arrive.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By frankiebagadonuts:
Received my 922r kit from Rainier on Saturday.  It came with the old style stock (plastic joint, hook instead of magnet).  The bag says that it is the stock assy for the A1 model.  Is there any disadvantage of the older version of the stock?
View Quote

Interesting.? I received mine too Saturday, and it was the gen 2 with the metal adapter ,magnet and rubber butt pad. The picture and description on their website showed and described the Gen 2 kit. You might want to contact them about this issue. And for the ATF natzi's, yes my 922r kit is being stored at a friends house.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By skipper469:

Interesting.? I received mine too Saturday, and it was the gen 2 with the metal adapter ,magnet and rubber butt pad. The picture and description on their website showed and described the Gen 2 kit. You might want to contact them about this issue. And for the ATF natzi's, yes my 922r kit is being stored at a friends house.
View All Quotes

would worry too much.
IMHO, the only improvement may be the rubber buttpad, but the magnet and aluminum hinge are BS.

the magnet only works in the fully collapsed position just like the hook.
as for the hinge I still have to see a broken Gen1 stock... that's a solid piece of nylon filled with fiberglass.. that stuff is solid.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#28]

would worry too much.
IMHO, the only improvement may be the rubber buttpad, but the magnet and aluminum hinge are BS.

as for the hinge I still have to see a broken Gen1 stock... that's a solid piece of nylon filled with fiberglass.. that stuff is solid.
View All Quotes

would worry too much.

Thanks.  I actually prefer no rubber buttpad; especially considering 9mm doesn't need it.  I'll stick with this stock.  It is kind of cool that it is the original military version.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

My 922r kit from Rainier was delivered on Saturday, as well.  It is the Gen 1 kit with the latch.  Kind of sucks that they are shipping two different versions but aren't distinguishing between the two on their site.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

So it just helps dissipate heat?
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Yep.  JP Enterprise makes one for ARs too.  

I don't think it will do much for the CZ Scorpion as it's not select fire, but has a cool factor to it.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#32]

I don't think it will do much for the CZ Scorpion as it's not select fire, but has a cool factor to it.

View All Quotes

Gotcha. Care to share the price?
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

The only one I found on eBay was a completed listing.  I hope he gets more.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#34]
922r question

I want to do it on my own, no kit.

Zhukov stock
Trigger
2x mag parts
pistol grip
barrel from CZ Custom

That's all I need, correct?  Safety, charging handle don't count apparently.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#35]
922r question

I want to do it on my own, no kit.

Zhukov stock
Trigger
2x mag parts
pistol grip
barrel from CZ Custom

That's all I need, correct?  Safety, charging handle don't count apparently.
View Quote

That will work. An alternative if you don't want to spend money on the barrel, you could just remove the factory flash hider.  Replace with a US made one from Manticore or CZ Custom or nothing at all.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:18:06 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Thanks.

its a very easy mod for a competent gunsmith. IMHO, they definitely look better with the space between the can and the HG minimized.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#37]
There's been a lot of talk about rethreading.  I would like a different spin on the topic. <--- (You see what I did there...)

Instead of rethreading, is there a list of  suppressors that have an 18mm mount?

I ordered the Gemtech multimount because I found, and bought their Scorpion mount. I just don't know who else plans to have or makes a scorpion mount.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#38]
CZ is finally sending me a free replacement firing pin. Should be here Saturday. Too bad the one I already ordered and paid for got here 3 days ago.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#39]
There's been a lot of talk about rethreading.  I would like a different spin on the topic. <--- (You see what I did there...)

Instead of rethreading, is there a list of  suppressors that have an 18mm mount?
I ordered the Gemtech multimount because I found, and bought their Scorpion mount. I just don't know who else plans to have or makes a scorpion mount.
View Quote

You can get a mount for the octane 9 as well.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I had started a thread awhile back on the suppressor forum about the same thing.  Here is the list that I have found:

Gemtech Multimount
Octane Fixed mount (Octane, Omega 9k, Griffin Revolution 9)
Bowers Vers 9, 9s
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:

My 922r kit from Rainier was delivered on Saturday, as well.  It is the Gen 1 kit with the latch.  Kind of sucks that they are shipping two different versions but aren't distinguishing between the two on their site.
View All Quotes

I ended up getting mine for KYgunco at week. I paid to much for it and it was before I saw the post on about Rainier having them in stock KYGunco is slow in shipping them out. I should have mine on weds and finally my SBR can be created. I've had the form 1 back for months but no 922r kit.  I'm not sure about the gen type from KYgunco but I will post it when it arrives.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 11:09:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunSafe] [#42]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:

View All Quotes

+1 on the Octane. I have the Octane 45 and the gemtech mulitmount. If I were to do it over again it would be Octane only. The Multi mount is a good suppressor and shorter than the Octane 45 but I really have developed a hatred for cleaning aluminium baffles on gemtechs.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By GunSafe:

+1 on the Octane. I have the Octane 45 and the gemtech mulitmount. If I were to do it over again it would be Octane only. The Multi mount is a good suppressor and shorter than the Octane 45 but I really have developed a hatred for cleaning aluminium baffles on gemtechs.
View All Quotes

Is the sound difference between the two noticeable?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#44]

I ended up getting mine for KYgunco at week. I paid to much for it and it was before I saw the post on about Rainier having them in stock KYGunco is slow in shipping them out. I should have mine on weds and finally my SBR can be created. I've had the form 1 back for months but no 922r kit.  I'm not sure about the gen type from KYgunco but I will post it when it arrives.
View All Quotes

The one I got from Kygunco was the world version with the welded trigger screw but it's still a "Gen 1" gun .... I agree they were painfully slow on shipping it was 8-9 business days before mine shipped .... I am just spoiled by Amazon prime and Primary Arms
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Water under the bridge- don't sweat it.  I overpaid for my Scorpion on gunbroker thinking that I was getting one of the last of the pre-world guns.  Instead, I received one of the first of the world feature ones just as the flood gates opened up on the supply (i.e. I could have got one much cheaper one week later).  You won't remember what it cost you a year from now, but you will be happy that you have it...
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Fixed mount on my Octane 9 works great. No complaints.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Octane 45 with griffin tri-lug and manticore arms tri-lug adapter.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Back in stock at PSA. $799
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By WillysJeep:
Back in stock at PSA. $799
View Quote

2015 model if i'm not mistaken?

Someone brought up prepper gunshop has the 2016 models in but both PSA and Prepper show sku's as #91350. 2016's are 91351.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 133 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top