Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 174 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jmacken37:
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but Todd over at UziTalk is making Uzi Mag adaptors for the Scorpion...

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?84996-WTS-Uzi-Pro-to-CZ-Scorpion-Magazine-Adapters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svZlparkfmk
View Quote

It's a neat idea, but if there was a version that fit on Colt SMG 9mm AR mags I'll bet you'd tap in to a bigger market. That's the same mag as an Uzi but with a different mag catch cutout correct?
Like many others, I have plenty of Colt SMG mags lying around, and would give this thing a try while I'm waiting for the Manticores to arrive.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#2]
uzitalk forum link only works for members....could someone post relevant info from the thread? when they will be released? how much $? pic of them in the gun?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have much knowledge about those magazines. Are there any functional benefits or is it just extra magazine compatibility?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
they are straight...UMP look? Are uzi mags cheap or...?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Well my scorpion got a haircut tonight curiosity of manitcore.  Still waiting for the 3 lug adapter to be delivered on Friday so the obsidian can go back on it.  What a difference the hand guard and shorter barrel makes.  Hated those cheese graters and the barrel length.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:00:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jmacken37] [#6]
From UziTalk's Post...
WTS: Uzi-Pro to CZ Scorpion Magazine Adapters
For sale in limited quantities, the UMA mk1 Uzi-Pro Magazine Adapter.

Finally, you can run time-tested and reliable STEEL magazines in the CZ Scorpion Evo3.

These adapters are for use with the IWI Uzi-Pro pistol magazines only. They are not compatible with surplus Uzi magazines.

Note: These are not removable (without potentially damaging the adapter) and you will lose the last-round bolt hold open feature.

Here is the link to the IWI website showing the correct magazines to use. You can, however, find them at multiple vendors such as Brownell’s.

https://www.iwi.us/Products/Uzi/Uzi-...-Magazine.aspx

Sold in lots of four, only. One lot per customer at this time, please.

$30, which includes shipping.

Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Please use the subject line UMA mk1 and I will respond with preferred payment methods.

Thanks-
Todd, AKA medphys
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#7]
No first hand knowledge on these, but Todd is a good guy.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:30:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Jmacken37:
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj2/medphys3/D4DFB267-D67B-47E9-B9C1-F15C5EEA2C53_zpskdafgbw5.jpg

From UziTalk's Post...
WTS: Uzi-Pro to CZ Scorpion Magazine Adapters
For sale in limited quantities, the UMA mk1 Uzi-Pro Magazine Adapter.

Finally, you can run time-tested and reliable STEEL magazines in the CZ Scorpion Evo3.

These adapters are for use with the IWI Uzi-Pro pistol magazines only. They are not compatible with surplus Uzi magazines.

Note: These are not removable (without potentially damaging the adapter) and you will lose the last-round bolt hold open feature.

Here is the link to the IWI website showing the correct magazines to use. You can, however, find them at multiple vendors such as Brownell’s.

https://www.iwi.us/Products/Uzi/Uzi-...-Magazine.aspx

Sold in lots of four, only. One lot per customer at this time, please.

$30, which includes shipping.

Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Please use the subject line UMA mk1 and I will respond with preferred payment methods.

Thanks-
Todd, AKA medphys
View Quote

Whoa what stock is that!?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:56:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not sure, but I can check on it for you...
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:
For anyone looking, Good price @649+shipping.

iammo

Edit - Looks like PSA has them as well 659.99 and free shipping.
View Quote

I am in now. Going to start the muzzle device part this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#12]
$679 at iAmmo for those in the market. 
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
uzitalk forum link only works for members....could someone post relevant info from the thread? when they will be released? how much $? pic of them in the gun?
View Quote

Uzi Pro mag in Carbine
http://i.imgur.com/qqRZ6iA.jpg
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:36:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CaptJager] [#14]
I bought my Uzi Pro mags for $17.95 each shipped
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#15]
FWIW UZI Pro mags are also available in 20s & 25s if you want a steel mag option that's shorter. The shorter mags are usually a few bucks cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:16:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#16]
Originally Posted By CaptJager:
I bought my Uzi Pro mags for $17.95 each shipped
View Quote

Hmmm, I didn't know that they were so cheap. When I first saw these adapters, one of my thoughts was, "yeah, but factory mags are already pretty cheap on this platform, why would I spend more for these?" and that's still a consideration....but $18 is pretty competitive and I'll prolly end up getting some of these just for giggles. Straight steel mags have some benes.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok I really don't get it. Why would I pay $18 for an adapter to use a mag the gun wasn't meant for, when for $18 I could just buy a factory mag.
Someone please enlighten me.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TATBME:
Ok I really don't get it. Why would I pay $18 for an adapter to use a mag the gun wasn't meant for, when for $18 I could just buy a factory mag.
View Quote

Ya, glad people are innovating but I'll buy Manticore mags
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:47:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CaptJager] [#19]
View Quote

Magazines are as low as $18 adapters are 4 for $30 shipping included
Reasons for using these over stock
1 All metal magazine (no feedlip issues)
2. 32 rounds
3. Looks so much better
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Finally finished mine, and got it to the range last weekend.

Upgrades- HBI Theta trigger and charging handle, trigger spring kit, aluminum safety delete. Parker Mountain Machine QD sockets and extended dimpled safety. Gear Head Works magazine release. APEX grip.

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#22]

2. 32 rounds
3. Looks so much better
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

2. 32 rounds
3. Looks so much better

Subjective.

And no.

Respect the craftsmanship, just not for me.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Just placed my order for an evo carbine with the fake suppressor on grab a gun  $903 with shipping.. Now the wait.

They had the best price I could find $895 plus shipping. Local gun shop even with a friend's employee discount was 940 plus tax. Online with shipping and transfer I'm 930 otd
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By IdahoHk416:
Finally finished mine, and got it to the range last weekend.

Upgrades- HBI Theta trigger and charging handle, trigger spring kit, aluminum safety delete. Parker Mountain Machine QD sockets and extended dimpled safety. Gear Head Works magazine release. APEX grip.

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w590/idahobackpacker21/12206DB1-83B0-4151-B6F2-3B8967E3FE76_zpsdfzm7oey.jpg

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w590/idahobackpacker21/28904331-C279-45B5-8D2B-41B912439B73_zpsh5xj6rvn.jpg
View Quote

Excellent!!  That's exactly how mine is going to be set up until the SBR paperwork comes back.

What're your thoguhts on that Apex grip?  I'm also thinking of going with their ambi-safety.  Not sure if I'm gonna do that or go with the single-sided safety (i'm lefty, would hate to have a righty pick up my gun and not be able to use the safety).
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:39:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Punkface] [#26]
Quick question, is not being able to cycle the bolt while the gun is on safe after pulling the trigger a usual thing?

I dry fired the gun, put it on safe, and my gun won't let me hand cycle the bolt unless it's on fire. This a normal thing? I've been reading parts of this thread in chunks but I'm only about 20 pages or so in.

Edit: quick google says yes, this is normal.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes  it is completely normal.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Looks are subjective and in my book the stock mags look way nicer and look like they belong in the gun not adapted to fit.

2. 32 rounds
3. Looks so much better
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#29]
After removing and reinstall the barrel nut I noticed it came loose after 100 or so rounds..
What should i use to keep it in place?
I'm not sure normal loctite will work due to barrel getting hot with use..
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Frens:
After removing and reinstall the barrel nut I noticed it came loose after 100 or so rounds..
View Quote

Rocksett?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#31]
If I remember correctly, loctite blue is good to 300 degrees and red is good to 450.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By f40:

Rocksett?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By f40:

Rocksett?

This is what I used as mine also backed out. Blue or purple Loctite would work
perfect as well.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm not familiar with rocksett.. Is it permanent? Or is it just a hi temp loctite?

How hot will a barrel get?

Both medium and high strength loctite I have are rated up to 150*C if I'm not mistaken..
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Just ordered my FDE through CZ Mil/LEO program. Also ordered 3 mags and the safety delete. Hope it comes in soon.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm not familiar with rocksett.. Is it permanent? Or is it just a hi temp loctite?

How hot will a barrel get?

Both medium and high strength loctite I have are rated up to 150*C if I'm not mistaken..
View Quote

Rocksett is like loctite but it is impervious to heat. You use water to release it. CZ used/uses red loctite and if they put alot on it makes removing the handguard difficult.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Made a video for the drop-Free 30-rd. magazine Fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7ODhU0nJOA&t=4s
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Great vid, nice clear explanation of what the problem is and how to fix it. Well done!
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akuser-47] [#38]
Nice thanks for the video. I shared your video over on CZ forum as no one there likes there mags not dropping free.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:24:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Attachment Attached File

I kinda dig the look of the uzi pro mags in a modified scorpion. I agree with the shared sentiment that they are an eye sore in a stock cz. I'll def buy some manticore mags when they are released, but I may also try some uzi mags. I like variety and don't want to steer people away from innovating.

I had a factory cz feed lip break on me a few months back and cz never emailed me back.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#40]
What would be really sweet would be an adapter for Glock mags
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
What would be really sweet would be an adapter for Glock mags
View Quote

From a practical standpoint I'm with ya. I just can't get over how they look. I'm waiting for QC10 to release their mp5 lower.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Okay, I expect to get hated for this, but ... I know it's a matter of personal preference, chocolate/vanilla, big tits/little tits, tatts/pureskin, etc., but I don't understand all the pistol and SBR rage with the Scorpion. I have to confess I have never really "gotten" the whole SBR thing anyway ... it's a PITA to get a stamp, and you're basically ending up with a snub-nose rifle. And the pistol just seems to me to an awkward and impractical thing.

With the Scorpion you're chambering a pistol cartridge to begin with, and with the carbine you get a longer barrel for more velocity and energy. That's probably even a bigger factor when running a suppressor, which most here seem to be doing.

I'm just curious.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#44]
I think If you have ever really handled an sbr rifle you would get it. For one, cheap shooting 9mm caliber. Not a lot of flash for lower light shooting. Not much recoil, very accurate out to 100 yards. Very compact, a lot less chance of over penetration if using correct ammunition (though most calibers have frangible rounds these days). It's all personal preference and for few maybe a need.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#45]
I wouldn't personally chop mine even shorter (barrel and handguard) but it's far more useful with a stock than in pistol form. If you haven't shot one in SBR form, do it before knocking it
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:56:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Harvey_Mushman:

I had a factory cz feed lip break on me a few months back and cz never emailed me back.
View Quote

What broke?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By bdgfate:

What broke?
View Quote

The feedlip cracked and broke off. I had read all the issues so I loaded one mag with 30 rds and let it set. Within a week it was cracked and it broke off completely about a month later. Loaded up another and it's been perfect for months. Both bought in 2015.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:24:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#48]
Originally Posted By MikefromTX:Okay, I expect to get hated for this, but ... I know it's a matter of personal preference, chocolate/vanilla, big tits/little tits, tatts/pureskin, etc., but I don't understand all the pistol and SBR rage with the Scorpion. I have to confess I have never really "gotten" the whole SBR thing anyway ... it's a PITA to get a stamp, and you're basically ending up with a snub-nose rifle. And the pistol just seems to me to an awkward and impractical thing.
View Quote

The Scorpion, as a pistol IS awkward and impractical, no doubt about that, especially compared to any kind of normal 9mm (Glock 34 or 17L with a threaded bbl are close enough). This shouldn't be a surprise though, it's designed to be a rifle. Holding most rifles are arms length like a pistol is awkward.

As an SBR, however, these are fun guns and they certainly could be practical if you really wanted to run one as a practical weapon. If SAS can storm an embassy with an MP5, you could use the Scorp in a similar fashion. Lots of haters of PCCs these days say 7.62x39 or 556 is the way to go for small PDW/PCC type weapons. I'm not entirely convinced. 9mm has much less muzzle flash and is much lower pressure than a similar-length 7.62x39 or 556 would be. They also silence much better. Subsonic ammo is cheap/common. They say that pistol ammo isn't effective at stopping people, but 9mm has killed more people than any other caliber. Maybe not instant death or anything, but the idea that it can't get the job done is a little silly. Spec ops guys toting 9mm sub guns have wacked a LOT of people since WWII. If you do your job it can get it done.

Can't help you on the NFA front. Some people are willing to do it, some aren't. It's personal preference. I have a medium sized stamp collection (13...or 14? I forget). At times the waiting is annoying, but it is what it is. No (legal) way around it. I can tell you that if I had to put a 16" bbl on my Scorpion, I probably wouldn't own one....but I don't, so I do.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#50]
I wasn't putting the hate on those who like SBR's, it's just something I've personally never really understood. I can see how they make sense for SS, spetsnaz, etc., who have to go into tight confines and do lots of CQB work, but for the average guy it just seems to me to be something cool that's really not very practical. But that's just me.

The only reason I mention it at all is that I've found 10 times as many review and test videos on youtube about Evo pistols and SBR's than about the carbines, and it made me scratch my head. I'm wanting a 16" carbine myself, and as soon as I can find the dough I'm going to get one. I guess it's supply and demand at work, but I find it amusing you can get an AR or an AK for $400 less than a 9mm PCC.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 174 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top