Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 159 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Spagehttie:
Has anyone used an Osprey  .45 on a 1/2 inch thread Scorpion pistol? I ask around but no one answers.
View Quote

I use one on a gen one with a CZ. custom shop adapter.  Why?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By KrazyL:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Has anyone used an Osprey  .45 on a 1/2 inch thread Scorpion pistol? I ask around but no one answers.

I want to know if it'll clear the handguard or do I need an extension, like the XL piston or such. This is for the 1/2 thread barrel. I want to buy the piston and fixed barrel spacer as soon as I can.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CGP2:
Just got mine from PSA. $738 shipped. Now the fun begins!
View Quote

Hopefully it turns out as well as that AK in your avatar
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#4]

I want to know if it'll clear the handguard or do I need an extension, like the XL piston or such. This is for the 1/2 thread barrel. I want to buy the piston and fixed barrel spacer as soon as I can.
View All Quotes

Pistons aren't used on a fixed barrel like the Scorpion, so avoid that.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 4:29:25 AM EDT
[#5]
What red dots are any of you running?  I tried one that 1/3 cowitnesses on my ARs, and on the Scorpion it sat way too high.  Mine is SBR'd with CZ factory stock, and I hold it up pretty high so I want a red dot that sits down as low as the factory sights.  I also don't have Aimpoint money right now, more like Primary Arms money, but I'd like to know what else works well for this.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:19:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

View All Quotes

You don't need the Neilsen device, but the piston is what the Osprey uses for a mount.  You buy one in the appropriate thread pitch then use either the fixed barrel spacer of the spring depending on whether you are using the can on a fixed barrel gun or a Browning-type pistol.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 8:57:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By copperhead035:
What red dots are any of you running?  I tried one that 1/3 cowitnesses on my ARs, and on the Scorpion it sat way too high.  Mine is SBR'd with CZ factory stock, and I hold it up pretty high so I want a red dot that sits down as low as the factory sights.  I also don't have Aimpoint money right now, more like Primary Arms money, but I'd like to know what else works well for this.
View Quote

Holosun
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By copperhead035:
View Quote

I use a Primary Arms MD-ADS in a ADM low mount, it has a co-witness with the iron sights.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#9]
SD8A3673-Edit.jpg by Dsully, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:30:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#10]
HBI updated their site with foreend pricing. $114 for the K foreend
This all but makes my decision for me unless Manticore can be within 20%

ETA: I didn't want to shit in Manticore's thread so I'll refrain from adding this new info to that discussion
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MikeDeltaFoxtrot:

You don't need the Neilsen device, but the piston is what the Osprey uses for a mount.  You buy one in the appropriate thread pitch then use either the fixed barrel spacer of the spring depending on whether you are using the can on a fixed barrel gun or a Browning-type pistol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MikeDeltaFoxtrot:

I just checked my gun and it is an older metric thread pitch. I just going to buy the Cz Custom adapter. This is my first pistol can and I don't have it in possession so I am still learning about it. The dealer told me it is the piston with the spacer.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:51:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

ETA: I didn't want to shit in Manticore's thread so I'll refrain from adding this new info to that discussion
View Quote

i'm all over that, wonder how much for a barrel to go with it
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:18:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey guys, I'm sorry. I'm trying to get the handguard retaining nut off. I know there was some discussion before about this but I'm not able to find it.
I put the nut in a vice and rotated the whole gun. I managed to scuff up my threads a little . but that's okay because I was going to get this re-threaded to 1/2x28.
But I have the nut rotated about 45 degrees. However the slant of the handguard isn't allowing me to get my wrench in effectively and the nut is still quite tight.
What's the best method to remove the barrel nut?
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:24:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
Hey guys, I'm sorry. I'm trying to get the handguard retaining nut off. I know there was some discussion before about this but I'm not able to find it.
I put the nut in a vice and rotated the whole gun. I managed to scuff up my threads a little . but that's okay because I was going to get this re-threaded to 1/2x28.
But I have the nut rotated about 45 degrees. However the slant of the handguard isn't allowing me to get my wrench in effectively and the nut is still quite tight.
What's the best method to remove the barrel nut?
View Quote

There is a removal nut you need to buy and it will make your life a lot easier when trying to remove it
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 8:11:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Get the nut and put a soldering iron inside the barrel for 10 minutes.
I was in the same situation when I removed mine.. Nut half turned that couldnt be engaged with a standard wrench due to the handguard Shape...

Buy the propper tool from CZ and put the entire upper into a wise

Link Posted: 10/30/2016 9:22:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Picked up an EVO,  couple things that should be noted

1.  Magpul AFG 1 does NOT fit.  AFG2 only

2. The LAGE  Side folder is awesome with a shockwave blade,  however it  necessitates 'cheeking' higher than naturally comfortable.
I'm using a Primary arms micro, and I really want a riser-I threw my Aimpoint PRO on it, it presented much more comfortably
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By PreachermanMATT:

2. The LAGE  Side folder is awesome with a shockwave blade,  however it  necessitates 'cheeking' higher than naturally comfortable.
I'm using a Primary arms micro, and I really want a riser-I threw my Aimpoint PRO on it, it presented much more comfortably
View Quote

Did you try adjusting the Lage?  It has some up and down adjustment built in. I'm curious about the Lage hinge as it looks good and robust. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 11:35:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#19]
For those planning to pick up the K or Kurz forends, what's is your plan for the barrel?
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:02:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

We will be right there on our Kurz forend pricing, posdibly a few dollars less.

That being said, if you want to go with the HBI forend I wint be offended, they make quality stuff and either way you will still be one up on the OEM forend. ;)

Sven
Manticore Arms

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

We will be right there on our Kurz forend pricing, posdibly a few dollars less.

That being said, if you want to go with the HBI forend I wint be offended, they make quality stuff and either way you will still be one up on the OEM forend. ;)

Sven
Manticore Arms

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Well that's definitely good to hear
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:03:16 AM EDT
[#21]
For those planning to pick up the K or Kurz forends, what's is your plan for the barrel?
View Quote

Morgan at Class III machining. He does all my barrels and has an ad in the EE
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:10:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By jdk1:

Did you try adjusting the Lage?  It has some up and down adjustment built in. I'm curious about the Lage hinge as it looks good and robust. Thanks.
View All Quotes

Sir, there are few things on the internet that would cause me to leave the warmth of my wife, and tiptoe to the safe with a hex key set, as your post did. And I thank you, presentation is perfect after a few adjustments

I have bought much crap in life- this LAGE is not that, it is very sturdy and locks up tight, in the folded position it is not locked, but a comfortable amount of force keeps it folded.  When deployed it is completely sold-as much as a single piece.

Link Posted: 10/31/2016 9:18:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jdk1] [#23]

Sir, there are few things on the internet that would cause me to leave the warmth of my wife, and tiptoe to the safe with a hex key set, as your post did. And I thank you, presentation is perfect after a few adjustments

I have bought much crap in life- this LAGE is not that, it is very sturdy and locks up tight, in the folded position it is not locked, but a comfortable amount of force keeps it folded.  When deployed it is completely sold-as much as a single piece.

View All Quotes

Awesome to hear and just what I was hoping for!  Thanks for the update.

ETA: It looks like there is adjustment in the holes used for the hinge mounting to the end plate and sliding adjustment for the threaded portion. If you don't mind, I'd like to hear what you did to yours. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Awesome to hear and just what I was hoping for!  Thanks for the update.

ETA: It looks like there is adjustment in the holes used for the hinge mounting to the end plate and sliding adjustment for the threaded portion. If you don't mind, I'd like to hear what you did to yours. Thanks.
View Quote

I adjusted both, Hinge plate as low as possible, threaded portion as low as it would allow- you cannot go all the way, or the tube will not go in.  Also, there is a small conical screw that locks up the tube (and will mar the tube also-if that matters) I am still finding my happy spot, but once I do, I recommend locktite on that screw, it loosed a bit when shooting, I assume you could also drill into the tube for a good lock
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 11:44:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Is anybody having issue with inserting mags after installing aftermarket mag release levers?

I installed gearhead levers.  They are a great design, but my mags are hard to load now  I have to really jam them in there, and sometimes even pull the lever back to lock them in.  Going to try switching back to the stock levers to see if the problem goes away.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By IL2windhawk:
Is anybody having issue with inserting mags after installing aftermarket mag release levers?

I installed gearhead levers.  They are a great design, but my mags are hard to load now  I have to really jam them in there, and sometimes even pull the lever back to lock them in.  Going to try switching back to the stock levers to see if the problem goes away.
View Quote

No, HBI here and works flawless.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

I was playing around with mine last night with the new gearhead works paddle. No issues
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Make sure you installed it properly and didn't crunch/bend the spring. I had this issue when I crunched my factory spring after installing the HBI release. The spring sits in there a certain way and if you don't get it right when installing in destroys the spring which causes the release to bind.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#30]
300-350 issue free rounds today with 147gr reloads. Most fun I have had in a long time with a firearm.

Link Posted: 10/31/2016 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Yes, having this issue as well.  Thought I was the only one.  Release is installed correctly
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I am sure it has been answered somewhere so apologies in advance but, what do I need to do to ship the Evo (what carrier, service)?

It is going as the complete pistol lower to get engraved. Does it need to go next day (also throwing some lower receivers in there as well). Pacakge is 12lbs and $130 if I do next day, which I want to avoid.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:09:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScrapMetal762] [#33]
Originally Posted By Pmbspyder:

Yes, having this issue as well.  Thought I was the only one.  Release is installed correctly
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pmbspyder:

Same here, exact same issue.  I emailed gearhead and they replied that it's the first they've heard of this problem and to make sure the spring is installed correctly.  They also suggested to install the release without the spring and if that didn't work send the lower down for them to look at it.  Still had the same issue without the spring. I uninstalled and reinstalled 5 times.  The factory release worked fine.  I even shaved/sanded the gearhead release where it contacts the magazine lip.  This helped but didn't solve it completely and the release was still digging into the magazine lip. I'm not sending my lower to them as I'm fairly certain I was installing the spring correctly.

Ordered an HBI and no issues.  Gearheads safety lever works great for me though.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 11:40:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By GoBlue:
I am sure it has been answered somewhere so apologies in advance but, what do I need to do to ship the Evo (what carrier, service)?

It is going as the complete pistol lower to get engraved. Does it need to go next day (also throwing some lower receivers in there as well). Pacakge is 12lbs and $130 if I do next day, which I want to avoid.
View Quote

Priority
You have the items scheduled on a personal property insurance policy, right?
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 12:05:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GoBlue] [#35]

Priority
View Quote

Priority USPS or Priority Overnight FedEx?   I am insured.  Thx

ETA engraver is FFL

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 12:57:37 AM EDT
[#36]

ETA engraver is FFL

View All Quotes

Priority

ETA engraver is FFL

Machine guns go registered mail, everything else is usps priority
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 7:45:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thebomber] [#37]

View All Quotes

Priority

ETA engraver is FFL

Individuals cannot ship handguns via the US Postal Service.

read here
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By thebomber:

read here
View All Quotes

Priority

ETA engraver is FFL

read here

Which is why you should pay in cash, and put your FFL as the return address
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Priority

ETA engraver is FFL

read here

What are you saying? I was an FFL/SOT for years and every time I sent a handgun via USPS PM, I had to give them a copy of my FFL and a copy of the recipient's FFL.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#40]

read here
View All Quotes

Priority

ETA engraver is FFL

read here

I suppose I don't follow all the rules
It's being sent for repair. USPS flat rate and have the FFL flat rate it right back to you
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#41]

What are you saying? I was an FFL/SOT for years and every time I sent a handgun via USPS PM, I had to give them a copy of my FFL and a copy of the recipient's FFL.
View Quote

Well, I worked for a FFL for years, and shipped guns all the time.  It really depends on your locale. I have had to do that as well in a previous life, however-proving is not part of the guideline (unless I'm mistaken)

heck one time in Columbia SC, USPS made me show a rifle was disassembled

at my current location I often just say, "It's going from this gun shop to that Gunshop" and no problems.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

What do you mean by pistol lower?

Are you sending the top half/receiver (remove the bolt) or the trigger assembly

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#43]
At what point will there be a CZ Scorpion section? The pistol caliber forum thread is getting overloaded by all the scorpion posts. The Scorpion is taking like a brushfire I would think get it done sooner would be less work?
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#44]
EVO is on its way to NC. Hopefully it will be back soon. thanks for the advice guys.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#45]
F1 came back - here she is all dressed up...

Now I need more mags & ammo.

Bob S.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 5:52:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HK_DUDE] [#46]
Originally Posted By Messer:
F1 came back - here she is all dressed up...

http://people.virginia.edu/~rjs7m/Guns/Scorp-sbr-1.jpg

http://people.virginia.edu/~rjs7m/Guns/Scorp-sbr-2.jpg

Now I need more mags & ammo.

Bob S.
View Quote

Looks awesome. That is a Holosun sight, correct? Could you give me an approximate measurement from the top of the rail to the center of the lense? Also, exactly which model is that?

Thank you for your time.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 6:21:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By HK_DUDE:

Looks awesome. That is a Holosun sight, correct? Could you give me an approximate measurement from the top of the rail to the center of the lense? Also, exactly which model is that?

Thank you for your time.
View Quote

It's a model HS503C - solar with circle/dot reticle.

Top of the rail to lens center is 7/8".

Hope this helps,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Thank you very much....it is helpful!
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#49]

It's being sent for repair. USPS flat rate and have the FFL flat rate it right back to you
View All Quotes

Priority

ETA engraver is FFL

read here

Youve been around here long enough to know the site staff does not condone advocating illegal activities. The law is clear, unless youre an FFL you cannot ship a handgun via the USPS.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 8:40:06 PM EDT
[#50]

Well, I worked for a FFL for years, and shipped guns all the time.  It really depends on your locale. I have had to do that as well in a previous life, however-proving is not part of the guideline (unless I'm mistaken)

at my current location I often just say, "It's going from this gun shop to that Gunshop" and no problems.
View All Quotes

Actually you were supposed to file an affidavit stating you were an FFL shipping to an FFL.

here
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 159 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top