Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 117 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TATBME:
I just ordered a Matterhorn grip and the Shooters Element trigger and springs, I can't wait to try this stuff out.
View Quote

I'll vouch for the SE trigger and springs - I really like them. Curious to see how you like the Matterhorn, I'm wanting to hold back on them for now until the injection-molded ones come through (with hopefully a cheaper price)
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Nostromo:

I'll vouch for the SE trigger and springs - I really like them. Curious to see how you like the Matterhorn, I'm wanting to hold back on them for now until the injection-molded ones come through (with hopefully a cheaper price)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nostromo:
I just ordered a Matterhorn grip and the Shooters Element trigger and springs, I can't wait to try this stuff out.

I'm in the same boat, I really like the addition of the SB trigger and HB spring. Im waiting on a grip.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 11:44:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The gear head works grip looks interesting.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:
View Quote

Hmmm, hadn't seen that. Looks interesting. Love seeing the aftermarket grow for the Scorpion!
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By nchapa:

Link?

View All Quotes

Link?

Is it the one on this video?

Link Posted: 1/29/2016 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, I know this was probably asked 100 times in the last 233 pages... BUT, I dont want to read all of them.

I own a Tirant and a Gemtech Tundra suppressor, both with the 1/2 x 28 thread.  I know everybody seems to put the three lucg extension on their Scorpion.  

Is there a good "Scorpion" to 1/2 x28 adapter so that I can use my suppressors or am I SOL?  If it is a multiple choice answer, what is the best?
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BuckGodot:
Hey, I know this was probably asked 100 times in the last 233 pages... BUT, I dont want to read all of them.

I own a Tirant and a Gemtech Tundra suppressor, both with the 1/2 x 28 thread.  I know everybody seems to put the three lucg extension on their Scorpion.  

Is there a good "Scorpion" to 1/2 x28 adapter so that I can use my suppressors or am I SOL?  If it is a multiple choice answer, what is the best?
View Quote

CZ Customs makes one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Getting the barrel rethreaded is the best option in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

I would go with the rethread as well.  I believe there is a member here or on the facebook group that is providing this service, not sure if adco does.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

When you remove the barrel, do you have to check head spacing?
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#12]

The Yeti Wurks Matterhorn is great. The Gear Head Works mag release is also a must have.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Nope.

The barrel is held in by the two halves of the receiver and it's just a blow back.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I used SICo thread adapter.  Works great.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 4:29:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hapyhar0ld] [#15]

I would go with the rethread as well.  I believe there is a member here or on the facebook group that is providing this service, not sure if adco does.
View All Quotes

I would also recommend a re-thread.  Taylor Pickerell at Integral Arms in LA is the man you're looking for.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Anybody  know of an aftermarket front sight insert for the scorpion? I'm looking for something bright like a fiber optic or maybe even tritium.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jstevens1:
Anybody  know of an aftermarket front sight insert for the scorpion? I'm looking for something bright like a fiber optic or maybe even tritium.
View Quote

If anybody makes one I haven't found it yet.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

It looks very similar to an AR front post.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

This was my thought too, I'd assume a lot would be interchangeable. Maybe not the AR-15 FSP with the FO tube that curls downwards, but I'd bet the Trijicon/mepro AR-15 FSPs work.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Any reason why the original factory safety delete was made obsolote? I liked the round look a lot more so than the new V2 version
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ohbejuan:
Any reason why the original factory safety delete was made obsolote? I liked the round look a lot more so than the new V2 version
View Quote

original only worked if you were replacing the right side selector, but lefties who were replacing the left side selector found it didn't work. the new one works on either side.  if you are right handed though, either will work for you
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Ah OK. Anyone have a source of the originals by chance? I just need one to replace the right side. I don't mind paying the $20 or so
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:41:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vugger] [#23]
I know this was covered earlier in the thread, but going back through the thread, I could not find the specifics...

For those of you that E-filed a Form 1 for your Scorpion, was this the information used?

Box 4a. Name and Location of Manufacturer
CZ (CESKA ZBROJOVKA), CZECH REPUBLIC

Box b. SHORT BARRELED RIFLE

Box C.Caliber: 9

Box d. Model: SCORPION EVO 3 S1

Box e. Length of barrel: 7.72

Box f. Overall: 26

This is what I had written down and I want to submit in the next day or so. I am almost thinking it might be better to go the paper route over E-file, as there seems to be more disapproved submissions due to specific name issues.

Edit: Also, anyone know where to get on a waiting list for the 922r compliance kits? Or the off-chance someone might have them in stock?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By twpayne75:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By twpayne75:

I'd love to find one too.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By vugger:
I know this was covered earlier in the thread, but going back through the thread, I could not find the specifics...

For those of you that E-filed a Form 1 for your Scorpion, was this the information used?

This is what I had written down and I want to submit in the next day or so. I am almost thinking it might be better to go the paper route over E-file, as there seems to be more disapproved submissions due to specific name issues.

Edit: Also, anyone know where to get on a waiting list for the 922r compliance kits? Or the off-chance someone might have them in stock?

Thanks!
View Quote

Yes except you don't need the CZ before the Czeska Zbro.

Mine is exactly what you typed besides the CZ being before the CZeska zbro

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Anybody have a used (or new) Hera arms side folding unit for sale?
Please pm me if you do.
Thanks!
Best,
Jim
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Merlin593:
Anybody have a used (or new) Hera arms side folding unit for sale?
Please pm me if you do.
Thanks!
Best,
Jim
View Quote

Saw one for sale at the Scorpion owner group in [gasp!!] Facebook.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:50:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Just out of curiosity has CZ addressed the mag durability issue?  That's the only things holding me back from getting a Scorpion right now.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:53:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:
Just out of curiosity has CZ addressed the mag durability issue?  That's the only things holding me back from getting a Scorpion right now.
View Quote

I believe the cracks were just on some first gen mags. CZ has replaced any mags with issues.

I haven't shot my gun enough to have issues and have 10 mags that were fairly close to first gen so we'll see.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:00:29 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Not sure if they've updated their design but the two mags I had that cracked were sent back to them and exchanged within a week.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#32]
My mags have all been kept loaded since the day I bought my scorpion in January of last year; they're all fine.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Did the 922R disconnector and trigger swap last night. That trigger return spring!  Almost as bad as some of the springs in the Walther G22.

Mine is coming back from engraving on Friday and it'll finally be done. Can hardly wait!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#34]
For a while I've been working on a charging handle that matches the flat trigger I sell (you can pick one up at www.shooterselement.com) and this is what I've come up with.

It's also going to be a flat style charging handle. The idea behind this is that curved charging handles suck your hand in closer to the guard, I for one don't enjoy grading my knuckles on the rail and this charging handle will give the shooter more surface area to grab without working about that. It's also reversible, meaning if you want a curved charging handle it can be configured that way (I may offer that as a customer option at checkout). Lastly I'm targeting the end of the month or sooner to release this and it will be offered in black and red with a target price right now of $54.99.

Now I know some of you are looking for a folding charging handle. At this time I will confirm I'm working through a design that would accomplish this, but I will not share pictures, costs or timelines as I'm still in the early stage of development. I hope you enjoy the pictures and will be as excited about this next product as I am.

I can say the handle feels great and is very comfortable to use, the curved back of it actually provides for a great place to rest your thumb and is great for increased leverage.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Do want
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:27:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ShootersElement:
For a while I've been working on a charging handle that matches the flat trigger I sell (you can pick one up at www.shooterselement.com) and this is what I've come up with.

It's also going to be a flat style charging handle. The idea behind this is that curved charging handles suck your hand in closer to the guard, I for one don't enjoy grading my knuckles on the rail and this charging handle will give the shooter more surface area to grab without working about that. It's also reversible, meaning if you want a curved charging handle it can be configured that way (I may offer that as a customer option at checkout). Lastly I'm targeting the end of the month or sooner to release this and it will be offered in black and red with a target price right now of $54.99.

Now I know some of you are looking for a folding charging handle. At this time I will confirm I'm working through a design that would accomplish this, but I will not share pictures, costs or timelines as I'm still in the early stage of development. I hope you enjoy the pictures and will be as excited about this next product as I am.

I can say the handle feels great and is very comfortable to use, the curved back of it actually provides for a great place to rest your thumb and is great for increased leverage.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/Seed_of_Ares/Guns/CZ%20Scorpion%20EVO%20III/Charging%20Handle%201_zps2njsomcx.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/Seed_of_Ares/Guns/CZ%20Scorpion%20EVO%20III/Charging%20Handle%202_zpscoromopc.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/Seed_of_Ares/Guns/CZ%20Scorpion%20EVO%20III/Charging%20Handle%203_zpslm8g3y6p.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/Seed_of_Ares/Guns/CZ%20Scorpion%20EVO%20III/Charging%20Handle%204_zpsdnoueti9.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/Seed_of_Ares/Guns/CZ%20Scorpion%20EVO%20III/Charging%20Handle%205_zpskpffehxh.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/Seed_of_Ares/Guns/CZ%20Scorpion%20EVO%20III/Charging%20Handle%206_zpsfsieufos.jpg
View Quote

I'll take one in red to match the trigger!
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:

http://youtu.be/tKHUPklO2wM
View All Quotes

Email I got from a friend of a friend who wrote CZ about the mags:

Yep, we had a bad batch [of mags] come through. The factory’s best guess is that they had a bit of polymer that wasn’t up to snuff that made it into the mix and compromised the mags. We’re replacing them under warranty and so far the actual rate of failure sits at 0.09375%.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By new21022:

View All Quotes

Yep, we had a bad batch [of mags] come through. The factory’s best guess is that they had a bit of polymer that wasn’t up to snuff that made it into the mix and compromised the mags. We’re replacing them under warranty and so far the actual rate of failure sits at 0.09375%.

This makes sense. Folks don't seem to be complaining about them anymore.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:27:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

Yeah I hadn't seen anything in a while.  Good to know, will probably order one in the next few months and Form 1 it right away.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:17:19 AM EDT
[#40]

Yeah I hadn't seen anything in a while.  Good to know, will probably order one in the next few months and Form 1 it right away.

I posted a thread last summer about the cracked feed lips on all of my EVO magazines and how "moist" that made me feel After some back and forth, along with some additional hassle, CZ replaced all of my 20 and 30 round magazines under warranty. Since receiving my replacement magazines, I have had zero issues. It is my belief that the magazine issue has long since been resolved and shouldn't be a determining factor in whether or not you purchase an EVO. Interestingly enough, even when the magazines were cracked or had feed lis missing, they never ceased to function.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#41]

Thanks!
View Quote

Can someone clarify for me that in Box f at 26", is that for 'collapsed', or 'extended' length? thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By bugeyes:

Can someone clarify for me that in Box f at 26", is that for 'collapsed', or 'extended' length? thanks.
View All Quotes

Thanks!

That is unfolded length.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Unfolded and fully extended.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:17:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Scorpion ordered.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:08:34 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

I'm still using that magazine too :D

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:37:05 AM EDT
[#46]
While on the hunt for a ps90 trigger pack, stumbled onto this. Someone might like em.. options are never a bad thing.

If these have already been shared...screw you guys

I have NO affiliation with this company.

http://www.parkermountainmachine.com/store/p115/PMM_CZ_Scorpion_EVO_3_S1_Safety_Selector_Levers.html
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone see a compliance kit for sale at "normal" price?
Have Form1 but no stock.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:12:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Any updates on when the gen 2's will be made available?  Waiting to pull the trigger on one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:09:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jstevens1] [#49]
Has anybody had a problem with the top rail of the scorpion being out of spec?  I ask this, because I picked up a aimpoint micro t2 yesterday with the factory low mount.  When I mounted it on my SBR scorpion I noticed that when I was looking through the factory sights they, the factory sights,  we're actually in the bottom right hand side of the optic. I noticed this when I was seeing how well the optic cowhitnessed with factory sights.  Now out of the box the red dot was just above the front sight post, but the front sight was in the bottom right side of the optic.  Let me stress "RIGHT" side of the optic.  I checked the mount and optic, and they are squared up on the top rail and appear to be sitting on center when looking at the rifle from the top.  Any help would be appreciated.

" />
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#50]
^ Have you had your iron sights off the firearm? If so I know it's easy to put them on backwards and not notice, front or back may be on in reverse, don't know
if it would cause this problem but it might.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 117 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top