Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 106 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By crizain:
Are there any detailed photos comparing the US made trigger parts with the factory pieces?  Yes, I mixed them up on my work bench.
View Quote

I couldn't tell a difference...
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 11:48:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure I sorted it out. The factory trigger shoe has a date stamp and an open slot in the rear. The us made disconnecter face is also different.  looking for photos to be 100% sure.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 12:26:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Pretty sure I sorted it out. The factory trigger shoe has a date stamp and an open slot in the rear. The us made disconnecter face is also different.  looking for photos to be 100% sure.
View Quote
Here is my Factory trigger.  Hope it helps.

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 4:59:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ImageX:

Good news regarding the new forend!

... and just a FYI but the Octane 9 is 1.37".  

Octane 45 is 1.375".

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Evo-Carbine-2-660x371.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CZ USA Facebook Page
In case your Thanksgiving food coma had some staying power, or you just live under a rock, did you see our Thanksgiving Day release of the Scorpion Carbines?

For all you Scorpion SBR owners, this forend will be available to swap on in place of the pistol forend to help hide a can up to 1.38" without interfering with the M-LOK attachment points (bigger cans can fit with lower-profile M-LOK nuts like used on many official Magpul accessories).

Octane 45 is 1.375".

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Evo-Carbine-2-660x371.jpg

That's really really close. Like probably less than the thickness of a sheet of paper for the .45.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 6:03:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:

That's really really close. Like probably less than the thickness of a sheet of paper for the .45.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By c7aea15:
Originally Posted By CZ USA Facebook Page
In case your Thanksgiving food coma had some staying power, or you just live under a rock, did you see our Thanksgiving Day release of the Scorpion Carbines?

For all you Scorpion SBR owners, this forend will be available to swap on in place of the pistol forend to help hide a can up to 1.38" without interfering with the M-LOK attachment points (bigger cans can fit with lower-profile M-LOK nuts like used on many official Magpul accessories).

Octane 45 is 1.375".

Yep... it doesn't get any closer than that. The forend itself will have a little more clearance though. I'd run the low profile M-Lok bolts if I had a Octane 45. I may even do it with my Octane 9. We'll have to wait and see.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Well shit, my D-tube Form 1 can is 1.5" OD. Sigh, guess I need to make a new can off the B tube specs with a 1.31" OD.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Hking:
Well shit, my D-tube Form 1 can is 1.5" OD. Sigh, guess I need to make a new can off the B tube specs with a 1.31" OD.
View Quote

Or you could get a 1.375" tube, lighter weight and more volume.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:56:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gazorpazorp] [#8]
double post
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Are there any detailed photos comparing the US made trigger parts with the factory pieces?  Yes, I mixed them up on my work bench.
View Quote

The US made disconnector is thinner and smooth on both sides unlike the Czech made disconnector which has contoured protrusions on the side. I do not know the purpose of the original shape or why they changed it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone running the griffin revolution suppressor on the Evo? Thoughts? Most all I see are the octanes.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Can anybody tell me what those "iron" sights are made of?

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 10:18:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 10:33:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DigDug] [#13]
What seems to be the favorite suppressor for the evo?  I don't have a pistol suppressor yet and probably would get a .45 cal model for more universal use on my inventory.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:16:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By DigDug:

What seems to be the favorite suppressor for the evo?  I don't have a pistol suppressor yet and probably would get a .45 cal model for more universal use on my inventory.
View Quote
I just Bought the Gem-tech MultiMount yesterday.  Now for the Wait. I got that one, cause of the price, and the fact they have an 18x1 adapter for the CZ.  My friend has the AAC Ti-Rant and it's a very good can too.  From my limited research, I wanted to stay away from Solid core ones like the GM9, cause I wasted the quietest for the money.  

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By WillysJeep:
Anyone running the griffin revolution suppressor on the Evo? Thoughts? Most all I see are the octanes.
View Quote

Using mine with the SiCo Scorpion adapter... Works great and is pretty quiet
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:22:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By pc299:

View All Quotes

Nice. In the K or full size configuration? How is the blowback?
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Hking:
View Quote

I'm in the same boat, but I built that can strictly for the EVO so it's on there for good.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 3:58:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Just saw this video about the carbine version of the evo.. Is it a repost?

https://youtu.be/58-JsN0AGWk
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a like new, as in never been to the range, CZ Buffer Tube adaptor
$40 Shipped
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#20]

This is not the place to sell,
youre gonna get the thread locked.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Full size, blowback isn't an issue, just running out of ammo
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#22]
The grip in the 922r kit has a much better feel than my factory grip. The factory one is very smooth whereas the new 922r one has a very very faint texture to it, and doesn't slip around as much.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By FLJay:
I have a like new, as in never been to the range, CZ Buffer Tube adaptor
$40 Shipped
View Quote

Sold
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By nchapa:

This is not the place to sell,
youre gonna get the thread locked.
View Quote

Sorry, didn't mean to mess up things
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

There is zero blowback in the Scorpion. ARs have blowback because of the charging handle channel creating an avenue for gases to travel rearwards and into your face; there is no such hole in the receiver on the Scorpion.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 8:17:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WillysJeep] [#26]
Originally Posted By Gazorpazorp:

There is zero blowback in the Scorpion. ARs have blowback because of the charging handle channel creating an avenue for gases to travel rearwards and into your face; there is no such hole in the receiver on the Scorpion.
View All Quotes

Will be interested to see once my adapter comes in....
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 10:06:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4_Commando] [#27]
Manticore Arms slider stock
game changer!

image is from facebook
CZ scorpion evo III enthusiast page.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#28]
game changer!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1/nchapa/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1449281074268_zpseubtphds.jpg
image is from facebook
View Quote

I liked the look of their first prototype.  This one, not so much.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 10:21:08 PM EDT
[#29]
game changer!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1/nchapa/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1449281074268_zpseubtphds.jpg
image is from facebook
View Quote

Some games are fine the way they are.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:31:19 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

The blowback all goes in your mags. I could actually see the blowback going in my mags, making them pretty dirty, but thankfully they're transparent so you can see when it's bad enough to require cleaning.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:37:18 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

The entire gun operates through blowback.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 12:55:54 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

game changer!

image is from facebook

Wonder if that will give good cheek weld?

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 1:05:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4_Commando] [#33]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JoshAston:
game changer!
image is from facebook

I did too but it also looked like it would be uncomfortable.

game changer!
image is from facebook

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Why not try and do a fold over wire stock like the 61? Was the 61 stock terrible to the point that no one has mentioned it? I think it would be gtg as a forward grip point when folded. Not sure with the width of the evo that it would be an option I just love the 61 wire stock look.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

That is not the correct definition of "blowback" in the context of suppressor usage.

Originally Posted By jerz_subbie:
The blowback all goes in your mags. I could actually see the blowback going in my mags, making them pretty dirty, but thankfully they're transparent so you can see when it's bad enough to require cleaning.

Good point, although the majority of conversations involving suppressor gas blowback on AR15-centric boards relates to receiving expanding propellant gases in the face. All suppressed guns suffer blowback in one fashion, usually involving increased dirtying of the receiver and magazines as well as stripping of lubrication from important operating surfaces.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#36]
game changer!
image is from facebook
View Quote

I'm sticking with the CZ stock, but I would like to know more about that mag.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#37]
game changer!
image is from facebook
View Quote

Anybody else notice the new charging handle in that picture? Can't wait to see more pics!
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
View Quote

Black krylon + factory mags = that mag
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:16:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ImageX] [#42]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
Also, I knew there would be a lot of questions on why the Manticore  Slider Stock for the EVO changed.   Here is what changed and why:

There may be some minor tweaks to the final design.  This is a pre-production prototype to test ergonomics, study the improvements, and to calculate machine time.

The rods are not cut to length yet (they will end just before the front side sling swivels that are between the front of the receiver and the forend), and will be black on production parts.

I do not have an MSRP, but it will be over $125 for sure.  If it is going to be over $200 MSRP due to manufacturing cost then likely we won't put it into production as I just don't see the market wanting to pay that much for it.

The changes:
1. Now uses 3/8" rods for greater cheek comfort and to clear ejection port better.  (the solid rectangular legs flexed, were not comfortable on the cheek, and partially blocked the ejection port thus potentially causing jams when a case would get knocked back in)
2. Improved locking mechanism (not installed, but trust me, it is better than the previous design!)
3. Improved ergonomics buttpad (original one looked cool but was too short and too wide for a proper shoulder weld). Buttplate has a integral QD sling sqivel pocket and sling loop pocket, and screw holes for future add-on molded buttpad for the more sensitive types.
4. Mounting block will have at least one QD pocket built into it. Still picking the final location(s)
5. Stock rods will have a closed position and 4 adjustment positions when deployed. LOP will be approx 10", 11", 12", 13"
Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions!

As Louis Sullivan used to say "form follows function"  so every change you see was ultimately done to improve function thus giving it the current form.  Yeah, I liked the way the original looked, but in actual practice it was a proof of concept that needed some quite a few practical changes to work a lot better.

Sven
Manticore Arms

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/css%201.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/css%201.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/css%202.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/css%202.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/css%203.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/css%203.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/css%204.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/css%204.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/css%206.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/css%206.jpg</a>

View Quote

That looks great and will be a nice option.

On a side note, I have a question for you. Do you think your 3-lug will work with the new carbine length forend? Since the forend retainer has flats on it for a wrench...the new forend will probably include a retainer extension of some sort for installing it. I'm not sure how it will work and have never taken mine apart. It seems that once the new forend is installed.... there would be no way to tighten your current 3-lug since you can no longer get a wrench on it. I may be overthinking it but it appears that you would absolutely have to have one like the TROS in order to get a deep well socket on it in order to tighten it. If that is the case, are you up for a new design?

Edit to add: It may be possible to tighten the 3-lug adapter by using the suppressor itself. It might be just enough torque and a strap wrench would help too. Maybe use extra rockset. lol For now... I think that may be my solution. I just want to keep 3-lug mounting with the new forend.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:07:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:19:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Until we see how the new carbine forend attaches and what thread paytern is used at the muzzle there is no way to verify if it will work or not.

I dont have any inside info on the new carbines, I was just as (pleasantly) surprised as everyone else to see it in the Colin Noir video.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

No doubt I hope soon we will have more specs on what is coming so we can be prepped for it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:11:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:53:05 AM EDT
[#46]

It is just a factory transluscent magazine- the lighting just makes it look black.

(I took the picture so I can gaurantee that.   )

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
game changer!
image is from facebook

It is just a factory transluscent magazine- the lighting just makes it look black.

(I took the picture so I can gaurantee that.   )

Oh well.  Can still dream, I guess.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#47]
That manticore stock looks cheap. Doesn't even look like its worth $100.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#48]
^ Why does it look cheap? I see a fair of amount of machining involved just from the pics
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By rtran:
That manticore stock looks cheap. Doesn't even look like its worth $100.
View Quote

Not my cup of tea (at least yet ), but it looks actually well made and machined. As posted by Sven it is not finished (in the white) but seems pretty good built.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 6:26:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rcbif] [#50]
Manticore_Arms -

Wouldn't recommend putting your manufacture markings there. Nobody likes looking at those. Perhaps on the bottom side if it must be on there.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 106 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top