Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 181 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#1]
One other thing about the oem vs Apex vs pakse comparison above: grip angle. The pakse has the steepest grip angle. It's not much steeper than the Apex, but it is a little. I'm running a manticore collapsible stock, and steeper is better if you want to shoot the gun as a pistol with the stock collapsed. Anyway, thumbs up on the group angle IF you want it closer to vertical than competitors options.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Soldier4Him:
For those who are in the same boat as me, Midway came in stock on SB braces last night but sold out very quickly.  Ended up picking one up from copper customs, who showed to have them in stock.  They still show in stock this morning if anybody is looking.  Never done business with them before, but figured I would give it a shot.
View Quote
SB Tactical brace is in stock at Prepper Gun Shop as of a couple minutes ago. I don't own a Scorpion yet (just bought an MPX) but I know these things have been as scarce as hen's teeth.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:19:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Just bought a sbtevo, now I need a scorpion who has the best prices that I can buy online
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:57:46 AM EDT
[#4]
$719.99 at Classic is the lowest in stock / shipped price I see on the www...
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Who's the best person to get a carbine barrel chopped to 7" and threaded for a suppressor? Got the form 1 back awhile ago but am still waiting for the suppressor to be approved and am slowly getting parts together in the mean time.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By azhunter13:
Who's the best person to get a carbine barrel chopped to 7" and threaded for a suppressor? Got the form 1 back awhile ago but am still waiting for the suppressor to be approved and am slowly getting parts together in the mean time.
View Quote
Morgan at Class3 Machining see the EE
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sparky923:

Morgan at Class3 Machining see the EE
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Finally got to take my new Scorpion to the range to get dialed in.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
View Quote
X3!
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:24:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have pictures of the HBI 6.84 flat hadguard with a sb tatical sbtevo brace?
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 5:51:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#11]
Anyone know where I can get a magazine release spring? CZ's website has been out of stock for some time. I may try to call them tomorrow.

EDIT: Got a few from yeti wurks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 7:55:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#12]
Experiencing some issues with the Yetiwurks Switchback-

I took it out to go shoot the other day and noticed that the grip was not actually fixed in place like it should be, and was able to slide back and forth a little bit (about a quarter to a half inch or so). Obviously this is no bueno. It appeared to be that the nut on the side of the grip was proud to the grip itself, and the screw was unable to reach it.

I contacted HBI, who responded back that day (and on a sunday on a holiday weekend at that), stating that this was an ongoing issue, and that they had pulled all of the switchback stock from their store as a result. So apparently, I'm not the only one. They recommended trying the factory screw as well. Mine was not able to reach the nut in this grip either. HBI also recommended trying to "torque it down" to get the insert nut to pop into place like it should. I removed it from the gun and put some pressure on the grip, and was able to deform it enough to get the factory screw to thread in. However this did not seem to move the nut into place, and when I removed the screw, the nut popped out with it. Oh well.

HBI offered to return or refund the grip, which I will take them up on. I do like the feel of the grip- it's not going to blow your mind or anything but it's a nice contrast to the factory grip. However at $50 it is definitely overpriced for its quality. The fact this appears to be a known issue makes me think that Yeti wurks might need to go back to the drawing board on their QC or manufacturing process. The nut appears to have just been a press fit- I didn't see any traces of adhesive in the hole, although in all fairness it was probably ground out by the nut turning in place if there was any since it was loose.

Back to the factory grip for now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Redarts:

I took it out to go shoot the other day and noticed that the grip was not actually fixed in place like it should be, and was able to slide back and forth a little bit (about a quarter to a half inch or so). Obviously this is no bueno. It appeared to be that the nut on the side of the grip was proud to the grip itself, and the screw was unable to reach it.

I contacted HBI, who responded back that day (and on a sunday on a holiday weekend at that), stating that this was an ongoing issue, and that they had pulled all of the switchback stock from their store as a result. So apparently, I'm not the only one. They recommended trying the factory screw as well. Mine was not able to reach the nut in this grip either. HBI also recommended trying to "torque it down" to get the insert nut to pop into place like it should. I removed it from the gun and put some pressure on the grip, and was able to deform it enough to get the factory screw to thread in. However this did not seem to move the nut into place, and when I removed the screw, the nut popped out with it. Oh well.

HBI offered to return or refund the grip, which I will take them up on. I do like the feel of the grip- it's not going to blow your mind or anything but it's a nice contrast to the factory grip. However at $50 it is definitely overpriced for its quality. The fact this appears to be a known issue makes me think that Yeti wurks might need to go back to the drawing board on their QC or manufacturing process. The nut appears to have just been a press fit- I didn't see any traces of adhesive in the hole, although in all fairness it was probably ground out by the nut turning in place if there was any since it was loose.

View Quote
HBI does have fantastic customer service.
It's a shame you are having issues with the grip. Yeti grips are overpriced junk imo. Cheaply made and I have had issues trying to get him to respond to emails. It's a shame because he could've cornered the Scorpion grip market or at least had a large market share with quality plastic, parts and better than half assed customer service.
I'm looking forward to a nice injected molded polymer grip at some point, i'd pay the money.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Redarts:

View Quote
Agreed. If I wouldn't have won mine in a raffle, I would have returned mine. Makes me question everything else they offer. I'll be avoiding them from now on.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:20:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#15]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:

HBI does have fantastic customer service.
It's a shame you are having issues with the grip. Yeti grips are overpriced junk imo. Cheaply made and I have had issues trying to get him to respond to emails. It's a shame because he could've cornered the Scorpion grip market or at least had a large market share with quality plastic, parts and better than half assed customer service.
I'm looking forward to a nice injected molded polymer grip at some point, i'd pay the money.
View Quote
The yetiwurks grips are now injection molded as opposed to 3d printed- I certainly would not have paid the asking price for a 3d printed grip.

HBI has been back in contact and are sending a replacement grip. They stated in the email that they examined 8 to 10 grips and they all had major issues with the retaining nut being out of the slot it should be in, but that the replacement will work fine with the factory screw.

Additionally the charging handles should be back in stock late this week as well. So another big +1 to them.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I had the duck billed mag release.  It could drop mags while carrying through accidental activation.  Finally it just fell apart.  Polymer not happy.   Put back on original piece.

To me, what would make the Evo a handier weapon would be a carry handle similar to an AR, with A2 rear sight and front sight built in.

Something like that sort of a cross between some G36/xm8/ar carry handle out of a light polymer.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:12:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Just wanted to bounce an idea off the Scorpion experts and owners. I have a carbine with the faux can and an approved form 1 for it but haven't chopped the barrel yet or had it engraved. Was going to get that work done soon but saw the sbt and tailhook braces and kinda liked them.

Does it makes sense to get rid of the stamp and carbine as I never built it and then buy a pistol and brace? The fact that you don't have to do paperwork to cross state lines is appealing and a pistol would probably be cheaper. I figure I could get around $800 for the carbine plus the $200 for the stamp. Then I'd buy a pistol and brace for around $930 and also save the $120 I would have spent for engraving and chop. I'm conflicted cuz I waited for the stamp for so long and it was my last pre 41p SBR.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:52:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Just wanted to bounce an idea off the Scorpion experts and owners. I have a carbine with the faux can and an approved form 1 for it but haven't chopped the barrel yet or had it engraved. Was going to get that work done soon but saw the sbt and tailhook braces and kinda liked them.

Does it makes sense to get rid of the stamp and carbine as I never built it and then buy a pistol and brace? The fact that you don't have to do paperwork to cross state lines is appealing and a pistol would probably be cheaper. I figure I could get around $800 for the carbine plus the $200 for the stamp. Then I'd buy a pistol and brace for around $930 and also save the $120 I would have spent for engraving and chop. I'm conflicted cuz I waited for the stamp for so long and it was my last pre 41p SBR.
View Quote
Not quite sure how nfa transfers work but I'd imagine it would be more of a hassle selling something with a stamp and buying the pistol and brace afterwards. I'd just cut the barrel or buy a shorter barrel and switch it out. That's just me though.

How often do you plan to cross state lines with it? If it's just one state, send in the application saying multiple visits within the span of Jan 1 through Dec 31 and you're good anyways.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:38:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: williamec] [#19]

View Quote
Just to be clear - I've never done this so do your own research to confirm.  I'm probably giving you bad NFA advice.

You have an approved form 1, but if you sell it "form 1'd" you're going to have to do a form 4 for the transfer to the new owner, and someone is going to have to pay the $200 stamp.  And you're going to have to hold onto it until the wait time is over and the transfer processes.  I think that the easiest way to sell it, especially since it isn't engraved yet, is to contact the ATF and to notify them (in writing) that you want to remove your carbine from the registry.  Then you can sell it as a normal rifle.  You'd have to walk away from the stamp.  But that $200 is sunk cost anyway - you're never getting that back.  It's a tax, not a credit.

Having said that, I'd totally not do that.  File a 5320 for every place you think you'd go out of state and put the dates in to give you flexibility to travel for a year.  I just sent in a half dozen 5320s for my SBRs for the next year.  It isn't hard to get "walking papers" for your SBR and it doesn't cost anything.

And having owned both the SBT EVO and Tailhook, and having shot a Scorpion SBR, the SBR is definitely the best solution.

Just my thoughts.

William
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:03:37 AM EDT
[#20]
[b]...I'd totally not do that.  File a 5320 for every place you think you'd go out of state and put the dates in to give you flexibility to travel for a year.  I just sent in a half dozen 5320s for my SBRs for the next year.  It isn't hard to get "walking papers" for your SBR and it doesn't cost anything.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the opinions right off the bat. Its sounds like an SBR might handle a little better. I'd just like to clarify that if the tax stamp is refundable in the case that the firearm was never made which it hasn't. Here's the clause that states it directly on the form 1.

"5. Cancellation of Approved Application. An approved application may be cancelled only if the firearm had not been made or modified. The maker must return the approved application with original tax stamp affixed with a written request for cancellation, citing the need and that the making of the firearm did not take place. The NFA Branch will arrange for a refund of any tax paid."

So without doing any long transfer process and getting the $200 back for the stamp would that change your opinions?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Depends on how long the process takes to get you back your money
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Just got my scorpion and loving it. In the process of taking a dremel to some magpul rail guards to get them to cover the entire rails.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:01:01 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm still loving mine as well.

Kinda wish I wouldn't of went with the Avalanche mag release. It's nice for when you're shooting and wanna switch mags fast. Outside of that i accidentally drop mags all the time due to the piece that hangs so far down.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#25]
So, I bought the Scorpion Carbine, The tax stamp, the trust, ect...

Time to get this thing SBR'd.

What is the optimal barrel length for an SBR Scorpion Carbine? Keep in in mind, I will be cutting down an existing barrel, not converting a pistol.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm looking at the Tailhook, what adapter to make it work with the CZ side folder?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MadMardigan:
I'm looking at the Tailhook, what adapter to make it work with the CZ side folder?
View Quote
If you already have the stock, you want this

yeti wurks adapter

If you need both the adapter and the front end of the stock, you want this

Yeti Wurks adapter and folder assembly

They also offer a full kit with the tailhook, which is what I have installed. It's truly awesome.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Goosemaster:

If you already have the stock, you want this

yeti wurks adapter

If you need both the adapter and the front end of the stock, you want this

Yeti Wurks adapter and folder assembly

They also offer a full kit with the tailhook, which is what I have installed. It's truly awesome.
View Quote
Awesome, thanks!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#29]
How's this list look?

HBI
Reduced weight trigger spring kit
Theta forward trigger
trigger pack hardware refresh kit
Duckbill mag release
and the welded trigger pack drill

Have the carbine handguard on the way for my SBR'd pistol.  Rugged Obsidian with the 3 lug is what lives on it.

Think I'll be set with all that?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Awesome price for the Scorpion at Buds if you don't have one yet.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:37:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: f40] [#31]
Originally Posted By alphabavo:
So, I bought the Scorpion Carbine, The tax stamp, the trust, ect...

Time to get this thing SBR'd.

What is the optimal barrel length for an SBR Scorpion Carbine? Keep in in mind, I will be cutting down an existing barrel, not converting a pistol.
View Quote
A lot of people are going with K length barrels now of roughly 5". Depending on the price of chopping and threading your carbine barrel, it may be more economical to just replace it?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Tombstone Tactical has black and FDE scorpion pistols for under $740 shipped  https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/cz-usa/91352-scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol-9mm-20rd-fde/
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Got my Tailhook yesterday.

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#34]
How do you like it with the acog?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:33:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

How do you like it with the acog?
View Quote
Its just about perfect. The 1.5x took a bit to get used to, but the height is perfect and the eye relief on the mini acog is no problem. The irons line up with the witness hole on the Acog, so I have not lost quick access.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#36]
I ordered my tailhook Friday when I got the email from GHW. Ordered my Yetiwurks adapter/stock kit today. Can't fucking wait for next week
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By dogbert4-1:
I had the duck billed mag release.  It could drop mags while carrying through accidental activation.  Finally it just fell apart.  Polymer not happy.   Put back on original piece.

To me, what would make the Evo a handier weapon would be a carry handle similar to an AR, with A2 rear sight and front sight built in.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mgm-content/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2013/12/22/2479431_01_hk_sl8_to_g36_conversion_semi__640.jpg
http://modernfirearms.net/userfiles/images/assault/as61/xm8.jpg

Something like that sort of a cross between some G36/xm8/ar carry handle out of a light polymer.
View Quote
Why not just use an A3 carry handle? It's very light and the rear sight is at a height where it's compatible with dozens of good front sight options. Polymer is cool and all, but it honestly wouldn't be much lighter and definitely wouldn't be as stable of a platform for a rear sight.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Seriously, fuck CZ. That barrel nut was ridiculous, just silly. Almost might as well have welded it on.

I figured 5 mins to get the barrel off. 3 hours and two home depot trips later sweating in an Phoenix garage and got it off. I'd be pretty pissed if I had planned to reuse the guard or barrel or nut.

Rageman.gif
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#39]
What % of the threads had locker on it after you got it off?  I was prepared for mine to be difficult, but ended up only 2 or 3 threads worth and came right off after a good tug.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:44:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: f40] [#40]
Originally Posted By plove:
Seriously, fuck CZ. That barrel nut was ridiculous, just silly. Almost might as well have welded it on.

I figured 5 mins to get the barrel off. 3 hours and two home depot trips later sweating in an Phoenix garage and got it off. I'd be pretty pissed if I had planned to reuse the guard or barrel or nut.

Rageman.gif
View Quote
It's pretty easy with the right tool and a vice

EDIT: I'm a dumbass.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:47:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hecklerjones] [#41]
Originally Posted By f40:

I think I read you had a new barrel/trunnion and hand guard, you could've avoided the barrel nut all together and just split the receivers and done it that way
View Quote
Some of them suck pretty bad. Mine did and I kept debonder on it for over 24 hrs and used a wrench and vise. It still tore up the nut and barrel threads. I keep thinking about sending out to be cut and threaded for a spare.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:58:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: plove] [#42]

I think I read you had a new barrel/trunnion and hand guard, you could've avoided the barrel nut all together and just split the receivers and done it that way
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By plove:

Rageman.gif

Lol. I totally should have done that, for some reason I had a set of instructions in my head and followed them.  Damn that would have been so much easier.

My daily Derp moment  for sure.

I don't have it in front of me but quite a bit of thread locker on it and I almost rounded the nut.

Definitely would have been easier with right tool but now I'm happy I got the whole thing together looks awesome. I put the HBI charging handle in with stock CH spring and it was tight as shit, wasn't sure I needed to put reduced CH spring in the HBI, turns out you do. Smooth as butter now.

OK quick pics for size compare.

This is with: HBI micro/k HG, HBI right safety delete, ILWT short barrel 3-lug, and Side Project LINK/Zhukov stock.  I like it a lot.  Might go shoot it tonight.

My only very slight annoyance is the socket head screw I got at home depot to replace trigger screw has kind of a thick head.  Meh.  Aesthetically, with suppressor attached, another 1/2" of hand guard might look better, but not an issue for me.

Lock up of the 3-lug is very good, it clicks in there with a pronounced click and locks up super tight.

Alone:

Vs: MP5K - just about same length, maybe 1/4" shorter..

Vs: AR9 with 5" barrel. Just about same length, but my ar9 handguard is longer.  

W/Rugged Obsidian:  
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#43]
This thread is killing me.  Any good torture tests of this little beast?  I'm about ready to sell or trade a gold coin to get one.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Do HK sling hooks fit the eyelets on the receiver?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#46]
OK I finally shot my Scorpion today after not having bothered to shoot it for the 11+ months I waited for the stamp.

Thing is awesome.  Light, as the MP5 haters will say - "ergos are great", fed like a champ, etc...  I didn't get much blowback from the suppressor and POI didn't shift a bit, pretty happy.

Honestly if I'd bought this first I may not have got my Z-5p, not that I dislike the Z-5P but price/performance wise the Evo is pretty nice.

But someone really needs to do something about that trigger.  I put the HBI spring in I guess my next option is to try polishing some shit, I'm not spending $200+ on a trigger.

We need an ALG-like mid-end trigger replacement badly.  It feels like the world's worst 2-stage trigger, pull it back what seems like a full inch, then hope you know when it's going to break.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:26:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hecklerjones] [#47]
Mine is not like that at all. I have the HBI Theta trigger shoe and it's pretty decent, much  better by 3x maybe than the SP89 I used to have. The trigger travels about 6mm to break. Fairly predictable and the take up is not mushy or heavy.

Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#48]
I want Geiselle and will pay for it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Whose got the pistols with flash can in stock?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Has anyone had any experience with the Lage right side folding stock? I want one, but I am curious about how the cheek weld is (comfort and position relative to factory) and also the LOP difference between it and a factory one. Anyone have any insight on it?
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 181 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top