Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 180 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jekbrown:

Considering what's happening with the UBR2, nothing new from Magpul surprises me anymore.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:29:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#2]
UBR 2.0 was announced at SHOT 2016... With a release date of "Spring 2016". When spring came, it got pushed back to "late 2016". When it was late 2016 Magpul said "weeks, not months". In November, Magpul said "right around SHOT 2017". After SHOT passed they said "spring 2017". A few weeks ago they changed it to "summer 2017". Meanwhile, we've got lots of non-heat resistant silencer pouches and t-shirts and other non-gun stuff getting cranked out day and night. As far as I know this has been the most delayed product magpul has ever had. Total 'cluster' and a lot of people have thrown in the towel. I built an AR with this stock specifically in mind. Last black Friday I bought $200 in magpul gift cards so that I could get the UBR 2 when it came out...so I'm basically locked in at this point. From where I'm sitting, I doubt we'll see it in 2017. I like magpul, but this product boondoggle has definitely dimmed my opinion of them as a business.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
UBR 2.0 was announced at SHOT 2016... With a release date of "Spring 2016". When spring came, it got pushed back to "late 2016". When it was late 2016 Magpul said "weeks, not months". In November, Magpul said "right around SHOT 2017". After SHOT passed they said "spring 2017". A few weeks ago they changed it to "summer 2017". Meanwhile, we've got lots of non-heat resistant silencer pouches and t-shirts and other non-gun stuff getting cranked out day and night. As far as I know this has been the most delayed product magpul has ever had. Total 'cluster' and a lot of people have thrown in the towel. I built an AR with this stock specifically in mind. Last black Friday I bought $200 in magpul gift cards so that I could get the UBR 2 when it came out...so I'm basically locked in at this point. From where I'm sitting, I doubt we'll see it in 2017. I like magpul, but this product boondoggle has definitely dimmed my opinion of them as a business.
View Quote
Gotcha
I saw "coming soon" at brownells
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:08:10 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote
I will see your UBR 2.0 delays and raise you PMAG 5.45 delays. My money is on the UBR 2.0 getting here first.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:59:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rcbif] [#5]
Quick little review on the Pakse Pathfinder.

Have not shot it yet, and not the best presenter in the world, so take it for what it's worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb1nSXJZWdY
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Would a HbI Charging handle constitute a operating rod under 922r?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 5:39:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: f40] [#7]
Originally Posted By Libilaw:
Would a HbI Charging handle constitute a operating rod under 922r?
View Quote
Charging handle isn't a 922r part for the Scorpion.

The only 922r parts HBI has are trigger shoes, grips, K-barrels and handguards.

Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By f40:

Charging handle isn't a 922r part for the Scorpion.

The only 922r parts HBI has are trigger shoes, grips, K-barrels and handguards.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/scorpion-922r-chart.jpg
View Quote
Charging handles aren't 922r parts for any gun. Sometimes (like on an AK or SKS), the charging handle can be attached to the bolt carrier, which is a 922r part. But charging handles by themselves are not on the list of 922r parts.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Have you tried removing the barrel nut on the scorpion evo pistols and used the tri lug mount as the barrel nut @Manticore_Arms ? I don't have a tri lug muzzle device atm but was curious. I also have the new gen barrel w both the 18x1 threads and the 1/2x28. Wasn't sure if the trilug would thread that far back with the barrel sticking that far inside the trilug.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:35:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Libilaw] [#10]
Originally Posted By DetrhoytMAK:

Charging handles aren't 922r parts for any gun. Sometimes (like on an AK or SKS), the charging handle can be attached to the bolt carrier, which is a 922r part. But charging handles by themselves are not on the list of 922r parts.
View Quote
So why then is the cocking nob on a MP5 considered a 922r part?  I don't know to much about the mp5 internal working but I was under the impression that the charging handle has a similar operation as a evo
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Nothing fancy here, but I will say, the T-1 on the factory mount is absolutely perfect.

Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:18:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#12]
Originally Posted By Libilaw:

So why then is the cocking nob on a MP5 considered a 922r part?  I don't know to much about the mp5 internal working but I was under the impression that the charging handle has a similar operation as a evo
View Quote
you are correct, but let's not start applying logic to something that is an ATF decision... The answer is "because they say so."
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RedRaptor:

I will see your UBR 2.0 delays and raise you PMAG 5.45 delays. My money is on the UBR 2.0 getting here first.
View Quote
And this is a major supporting reason for me to move out of the 5.45 ak game.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:24:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RedRaptor:

View Quote
i dont follow them because I dont own a 74, but wasnt the 545 pmag introduced in June of 2016?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 5:05:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Looking on ordering my Scorpion Evo in the next couple weeks (2016 model).  What would you consider concider to be 'must have' upgrades right out of the box?  

Already looking at a safety delete after reading reviews.  And looking for a red dot that co-witnesses with the stock sights, preferably one that is zoomed 4x and not too expensive.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Daiyu:
Looking on ordering my Scorpion Evo in the next couple weeks (2016 model).  What would you consider concider to be 'must have' upgrades right out of the box?  

Already looking at a safety delete after reading reviews.  And looking for a red dot that co-witnesses with the stock sights, preferably one that is zoomed 4x and not too expensive.
View Quote
Just my personal opinion, but there were only two must have upgrades out of the box- A trigger spring kit from HB Industries, and a safety delete, or aftermarket safety lever for the right side.

The factory trigger is terrible out of the box. The trigger pull was measured at 10lbs+, and after installing the spring kit and Delta trigger from HB Industries it now measures 4.5lbs.

The right side safety lever in factory form will most likely bother you when shooting. I installed a right side safety delete from HB Industries, and problem solved.

Although I wouldn't consider it a must have item, the factory charging handle is on the small side and there are several good designs out there. Beyond those items, all of the other parts changed out on my Scorpion were to tailor it to my needs and preferences.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
paddle mag release
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:12:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jeep45238] [#18]

View Quote
With the short length of pull, a more vertical pistol grip on the carbines is something I could really appreciate having.  Thankfully those are available with several options under $40.  The AK style right side safety keeps the ambi of the safety, makes it easy to re-safe the carbine, and prevents the rubbing, and are available for under $30.  Those are really what I'd recommend off the bat for a carbine - for a pistol, meh on the grip change out until there's a stock on it (legally)

A more vertical pistol grip would really help the carbine 'snap' up to my sight picture, it slows down at the last bit and isn't repeatable with the stock grip due to how my wrist has to bend.  I get the best cheek weld with the factory stock closed, but  can't be repeatable on presentation unless the stock is all the way out - and even then it's way slower than an AR with a more vertical grip.

The Ak style right side safety makes it stupid easy to safe the carbine with my index finger, prevents any rubbing while firing, and can get forced out of the way with the trigger finger if you prefer to run it that way (sort of like a M1-M1A style, but off to the side).  I use my thumb to move to fire, trigger finger to move to safe.

A larger/paddle release would be nice, but sliding the grip forward eliminates the issue of using my trigger finger (plus, it's contoured for your the thumb of the hand stripping a mag to easily engage the release, so whatever).

A larger charging handle would be nice as well, but I'm holding off until there's a rounded-edge polymer one out there, similar to feel of the stock one but longer.  The aluminum ones just aren't cutting it for me at their asking price right now.

The aftermarket sling mounts look great, but my keyrings are doing just fine through the stock mounts for now.  In the future I'd like to upgrade, but these are the lowest priority.  I don't worry about trigger weight too much, but I'm also weird and shoot DA/SA with factory hammer springs.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:23:01 AM EDT
[#19]
A little dremel action on the right safety yields a "safety delete".
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By IdahoHk416:

Just my personal opinion, but there were only two must have upgrades out of the box- A trigger spring kit from HB Industries, and a safety delete, or aftermarket safety lever for the right side.

The factory trigger is terrible out of the box. The trigger pull was measured at 10lbs+, and after installing the spring kit and Delta trigger from HB Industries it now measures 4.5lbs.

The right side safety lever in factory form will most likely bother you when shooting. I installed a right side safety delete from HB Industries, and problem solved.

Although I wouldn't consider it a must have item, the factory charging handle is on the small side and there are several good designs out there. Beyond those items, all of the other parts changed out on my Scorpion were to tailor it to my needs and preferences.
View Quote
My thoughts exactly. Trigger fix is necessary. Right side safety lever may bother you. Mag release and charging handle are possibilities but you need to try the factory ones (which I like) to see if they fit you.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Resolving the safety issue is a must, however you do that (grind the OEM one down with a dremel, different grip that minimizes the issue, or the installation of an aftermarket alternative). For me anyway, the rest is just personal preference and what is 'required' for some won't be for others. I am not that offended by the trigger. It's not optimal, no, but it's not like its unusable or anything. I don't care for the factory mag release. The way it slopes away from the trigger finger in just the wrong way is annoying. I run the GHW one now and love it. If you are going to SBR the factory sights may or may not work depending on your body and the stock. I didn't like how low they were with my manticore slider, but that's just me.

Another 'must' is a hand guard that doesn't have the slope in the front. Can't stand that aspect of the original design. Drives me batty. Other people love it. Variety is the spice of life I guess!
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been working on making a extended magazine release. I'm done with the prototype, I'll tweak it and then be posting results.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:15:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
I've been working on making a extended magazine release. I'm done with the prototype, I'll tweak it and then be posting results.
View Quote
I got some other things for the Evo in the works too.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 12:22:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Has anyone added a Shockwave blade and a vertical foregrip to their EVO? As I understand it, a vfg on a pistol is legal as long as the gun is 26" in length. From what I have read a shockwave blade can make the 26" cut on a scorpion.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:08:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#25]
if it's over 26" you should be good...IIRC. Cut/paste from another board...

This is all being over thought. Keys to understanding it all;

A. Sig brace irrelevent to any of it.
B. "Concealable"; for ATF means easily concealed on one's person, has nothing to do with CCP/CCW.
C. ATF definition of pistol (no length requirement); designed to be fired with one hand.
D. ATF definition of rifle; with stock, designed to be fired from the shoulder.
E. ATF definition of SBR; rifle with barrel <16".
F. ATF definition of AOW; neither pistol nor rifle, with an OAL <26".
G. ATF definition of firearm; neither a pistol nor rifle, with OAL =26".

So, add a VFG to a pistol with an OAL<26" and you have created an illegal AOW (no longer a pistol, now designed to be fired with two hands).

Add a VFG to a pistol with an OAL =26" and you have converted a pistol to a firearm (which is not an NFA item).
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By xoldsmugglerx:
Has anyone added a Shockwave blade and a vertical foregrip to their EVO? As I understand it, a vfg on a pistol is legal as long as the gun is 26" in length. From what I have read a shockwave blade can make the 26" cut on a scorpion.
View Quote
The LOP with the shockwave and 26"+ would be pretty horrendous. Not worth it IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:38:04 AM EDT
[#27]

Still got a few things to do, and then will get some better photos.  Thinking of Cerakoting.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#28]
HBi polymer charging handles should be available tomorrow according to them. I've had a t&e sample in my carbine and it's a pretty nice piece.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:16:37 PM EDT
[#29]
HBi polymer charging handles should be available tomorrow according to them. I've had a t&e sample in my carbine and it's a pretty nice piece.
View Quote
Niiiiiiice. I've been looking forward to this. Where did they post this? FB? IG? forum?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:25:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Niiiiiiice. I've been looking forward to this. Where did they post this? FB? IG? forum?
View Quote
Facebook. You can join the wait list on their site to be notified when they become available tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:32:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#31]
went googling and found it in the interim...

Product looks perfect. If it works as well as HBIs other stuff, they'll have a hit on their hands. This is one of the last things I need for my EVO build. At long last I'm getting close to final completion!
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#32]
CZ Custom has the trigger housing (not world model) listed, does that mean CZ will get us ours soon?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:33:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#33]
View Quote
THEY'RE HERE!!!! GET 'EM!!!!!!

I went ahead and grabbed a Pakse grip too. Just want to try it out to see how I like it. I haven't found the perfect grip yet. Maybe this will be 'the one'.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:
CZ Custom has the trigger housing (not world model) listed, does that mean CZ will get us ours soon?
View Quote
Hope so... I live like 10 miles from them, haven't drilled mine out yet would rather have them deal with it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:12:29 PM EDT
[#35]
My evo should come in any day now.  Have trigger springs, trigger, and grip waiting on it already.  Need an optic and a brace.  Going to order a Vortex Sparc 2 for it, but the brace thing has me stuck.  It looks like either the SB or the Tailhook are the way to go but, at the moment at least, they both seem to be vaporware.  Any ideas on somewhere I can find one or the other.  I don't want to have an Evo sitting here with no brace so I am trying to figure out what to do.  Anybody know somebody likely to have something soon?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Yetiwurks is going to have complete Tailhook kits (CZ cheek rest, adapter, Tailhook brace) available next week. I love my Tailhook setup.

Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:34:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Soldier4Him:
My evo should come in any day now.  Have trigger springs, trigger, and grip waiting on it already.  Need an optic and a brace.  Going to order a Vortex Sparc 2 for it, but the brace thing has me stuck.  It looks like either the SB or the Tailhook are the way to go but, at the moment at least, they both seem to be vaporware.  Any ideas on somewhere I can find one or the other.  I don't want to have an Evo sitting here with no brace so I am trying to figure out what to do.  Anybody know somebody likely to have something soon?
View Quote
Sanders Armory has the tailhook in stock (or at least as of Tuesday they did).  I ordered mine Tuesday and got it yesterday.  I got the CZ stock from ebay, and I am waiting on an adapter from a guy on facebook.  I am sure the Yetiwurks kits will be gone as soon as they are available.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:38:06 AM EDT
[#38]
If I can snag a yeti kit next week, I will do it.  Sanders appears to be out of stock on the Tailhooks already.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:02:59 AM EDT
[#39]
if it's over 26" you should be good...IIRC. Cut/paste from another board...
View Quote
the brace is not included in oal on a scorpion pistol. it is not a required part to function like a buffer tube is on a AR
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Can you please cite where the ATF has stated only parts that serve an operating function count as the overall length of a firearm?

"The overall length of a firearm is the distance betw
een the muzzle of the barrel and the rearmost portion
of the weapon measured on a line para
llel to the axis of the bore."

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-2/download
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By IceAuger:
Same here.  OOS everywhere.  

Good things come to those who wait.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IceAuger:
Originally Posted By mzevenb3596:
I have been looking all week for a SBT folding brace for my evo. Anyone have a lead on one you pass along?
Same here.  OOS everywhere.  

Good things come to those who wait.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:29:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#42]
I have not got to abuse them yet, but I have installed 2 new parts tonight. Initial impressions:

1. Pakse grip: best grip for the EVO yet. I like everything about it EXCEPT that, like all EVO grips, it's too dang long. I'm not sure what it is about the EVO, but every grip that comes out for it is excessively long. I can only presume that designers are all starting with the factory grip as a baseline. I'm 6'1 and wear a very-average 'large' in gloves...and when I grip this thing properly it sticks out probably 3/4" below my pinkie. If it was shortened 0.500-0.75" it would be just about perfect. I like the texture on the front better than the Apex grip (a little too aggressive with bare hands, IMO), though the texture on the back of the grip is slightly better on the Apex. The Apex has a molded-in threaded insert for the screw, while the Pakse uses a nut. Pluses and minuses there...no chance of losing the nut with the Apex, on the other hand if you strip out the nut on the Pakse you can just buy another one at the hardware store and you're good to go. The front of the Pakse is narrower, which is more ergonomic for the hand (my hand anyway) because of the shape of the inside of the fingers when bent at the knuckle gripping the thing. Seems well thought out in that regard. Anyway, I'd give the Pakse a B+. If it was shorter I doubt I'd ever try anything else, but for now, the door is open I suppose...

2. HBI ProStock Charging Handle: Total win. Love the size and shape. From a form perspective it very much follows the design of the factory charging handle...it just sticks out further so it's easier to grab. I can see why they call it the "pro stock" because they are very similar, in all the right ways. Material is perfect and doesn't scratch my aluminum hand guard/rail. Other than being free, I can't think of a way to make this thing better. Proof is in the pudding with respect to durability etc. of course, but the initial impression is that this one looks like a winner. Grade: A.

Updates to follow when I actually get some range time with these. After some more use/abuse to ensure that everything is 'right', I may finally be "done" modding my EVO. Gotta get some stock/handguard issues addressed first though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:43:15 AM EDT
[#43]
2. HBI ProStock Charging Handle: Total win. Love the size and shape. From a form perspective it very much follows the design of the factory charging handle...it just sticks out further so it's easier to grab. I can see why they call it the "pro stock" because they are very similar, in all the right ways. Material is perfect and doesn't scratch my aluminum hand guard/rail. Other than being free, I can't think of a way to make this thing better. Proof is in the pudding with respect to durability etc. of course, but the initial impression is that this one looks like a winner. Grade: A.
View Quote
I just got mine as well. Did a quick range session with it yesterday. I'm as satisfied as can be with it, perfect charging handle upgrade for the EVO, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:26:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: YugoslavSKS] [#44]
Jam or any of you other guys using the prostock...just got mine yesterday and installed. Do you guys notice any kind of hanging up when cycling? Seems like mine is hanging up ever so slightly and leaving a bit of polymer powder in the CH channel.

Might be me just being special and not cycling perfectly level...

Love it either way though...can't wait till I get my stamp back to really abuse this thing!

Disregard...its actually the spring scarring the inside of the channel. Scraped the anodizing right off. Wierd...
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#45]
For those who are in the same boat as me, Midway came in stock on SB braces last night but sold out very quickly.  Ended up picking one up from copper customs, who showed to have them in stock.  They still show in stock this morning if anybody is looking.  Never done business with them before, but figured I would give it a shot.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#46]
I believe Military Arms Channel is Copper Customs
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:34:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ImageX] [#47]
I like my HBI ProStock charging handle as well but it makes a very audible clicking sound when pushing it up to lock bolt open. As mentioned, it's probably the spring scraping the channel. I was hoping a little oil and some break in time would stop it but no go so far. It doesn't affect function but is very annoying. This is with stock pistol length handguard.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Purchased an HBI Theta Forward trigger and Yetiwurks switchback on Monday and got it today (thanks HBI, always fast).

The weather is miserable so I haven't gotten to shoot it yet but my initial impressions:

I love how the Theta forward trigger feels and I am glad to have a metal trigger over the plastic one. I am also using the HBI trigger spring pack which I already had. I cannot say that I feel any real improvement in weight of pull at this point over the stock trigger shoe but it does look a lot nicer and the overall package is night and day over the stock trigger springs. Honestly the looks and feel of a metal trigger were the reason I bought it, once the trigger spring pack was in place the stock trigger shoe was totally acceptable. The increase in length of trigger pull doesn't seem like a huge deal at first glance, although it does add noticably to the creepiness of the trigger... in a way. You know when the break is coming, though, so no big deal.

A little more torn on the Switchback. I was waiting for them to make non-3d printed versions, and they do now, which is why I bought one. The quality feels good. I think the grip angle is an improvement on my pistol with a shockwave brace but it's not a massive difference. I am having a hard time deciding between the fat and skinny backstrap and I think I will have to shoot with both to decide. I have hands on the smaller side of "large" so I feel like the fat grip is the right choice, but the skinny ones are nice too. The biggest advantage to the Switchback to me is the grip compartment- I have a green Crimson trace railmaster on my Scorpion and although the battery life is pretty good I always like to carry spares. I wrapped up my sight adjustment tool and a spare battery and tossed it in there. The Switchback could definitely use more aggressive texture- what's there is very slight. My biggest beef with the stock grip, aside from looking like a flared piece of PVC tube, was how smooth it was. The Switchback isn't a lot better, the little "waves" on the side just don't do much for me. That said it's not a major complaint, but I like the assuring feeling of a grippy texture.

10/10 for the HBI spring kit, 6.5/10 for the trigger shoe, 6.5/10 for the switchback as to immediate impressions. I wish the aluminum charging handles had been in stock when I placed my order. Honestly these all end up feeling to me like cosmetic plusses in the end over functional ones other than the spring kit. I don't mind that, as outside of the trigger pull out of the box the scorpion is a fine little gun anyway. None of them are bad items but I feel like the only must have was the spring kit. Fortunately, they're all cheap so you can try them and make your own decision.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By pc299:
I believe Military Arms Channel is Copper Customs
View Quote
Yep.  Ordered one yesterday afternoon.  Excited to finally get my Scorpion to where I've been envisioning it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Redarts:
I am having a hard time deciding between the fat and skinny backstrap and I think I will have to shoot with both to decide. I have hands on the smaller side of "large" so I feel like the fat grip is the right choice, but the skinny ones are nice too. The biggest advantage to the Switchback to me is the grip compartment- I have a green Crimson trace railmaster on my Scorpion and although the battery life is pretty good I always like to carry spares. I wrapped up my sight adjustment tool and a spare battery and tossed it in there. The Switchback could definitely use more aggressive texture- what's there is very slight. My biggest beef with the stock grip, aside from looking like a flared piece of PVC tube, was how smooth it was. The Switchback isn't a lot better, the little "waves" on the side just don't do much for me. That said it's not a major complaint, but I like the assuring feeling of a grippy texture.
View Quote
Agree on all fronts.

I took both backstraps to the range and didn't shoot better with either.  And I thought the flat was a little to flat and the curved a little too curved.  So I put the flat in because I like how it looked.

The storage is a major plus for me (I keep a small ALG lube packet, sight adjustment tool and eventually NFA paperwork in there).  Wish there was more texture.

And the HBI spring kit is so good that CZ should just put one in each Scorpion, charge $10 more and just pass that on as royalties to HBI.

William
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 180 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top