Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 176 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeti wurks has their black switchback in stock.  Only 200+ a few minutes ago, buy one if you want it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By daddytallguy:
Yeti wurks has their black switchback in stock.  Only 200+ a few minutes ago, buy one if you want it.
View Quote
Ordered, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:21:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Son of a **** - sold out.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SilasB:
Son of a **** - sold out.
View Quote
Holy crap those when fast. I ordered mine as soon as I got the email at 6.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:06:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Moses_J:

Holy crap those when fast. I ordered mine as soon as I got the email at 6.
View Quote
I really wish Manticore had an Evo grip. It'd be nice to have more than just YW to choose from. The Apex grip, with its two different grip textures front to back and user-installed grip tape, looks horrible. I would've thought something like an injection molded grip for the Evo would be right in Manticore's wheelhouse. You know anything they'd make would be kick-ass, to boot.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:23:56 PM EDT
[#6]
According to Facebook he only received half if his order so keep an eye out for the rest of the grips.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:48:16 PM EDT
[#7]
i ordered one and already shipped
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:38:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm still able to add a black Switchback to cart.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:26:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DetrhoytMAK:

I really wish Manticore had an Evo grip. It'd be nice to have more than just YW to choose from. The Apex grip, with its two different grip textures front to back and user-installed grip tape, looks horrible. I would've thought something like an injection molded grip for the Evo would be right in Manticore's wheelhouse. You know anything they'd make would be kick-ass, to boot.
View Quote
Sven has said they have one that members of his staff use on theirs but he hasn't thought about bringing it to market. This was also before the magazines were released so I'm sure they were swamped with those.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:27:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fiyero] [#10]
Double
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone know which, if any, QD sling swivel points work with HBI handguards? I bought the PMM front mount before buying the HBI forend, but it doesn't seem like it will work. I was using an MLOK QD point but the position bothers me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:25:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SilasB] [#12]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Nothing fancy here but thought I'd share my Scorpion. Pistol with SB Tactical arm brace and Vortex red dot.

Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By khangha625:
Nothing fancy here but thought I'd share my Scorpion. Pistol with SB Tactical arm brace and Vortex red dot.

http://i.imgur.com/y7Ogou5.jpg
View Quote
That looks great! Best actual pistol I've seen so far.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#15]
According to Facebook he only received half if his order so keep an eye out for the rest of the grips.
View Quote
He just posted on another forum that he has another box scheduled to be delivered today and more should be available tonight...so keep an eye out for more stock!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By YugoslavSKS:
He just posted on another forum that he has another box scheduled to be delivered today and more should be available tonight...so keep an eye out for more stock!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YugoslavSKS:
Available right now.  Just ordered one myself.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:33:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daddytallguy] [#18]
Looks like a bunch of us received our grips today.  Close to being done with it now just trying to figure out the light switch location.

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like a bunch of us received our grips today.  Close to being done with it now just trying to figure out the light switch location.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/404018/DSC01350-173091.jpg  
View Quote
Looks good dude. I have a Gearhead mag release in the way and then I want a light, sling, and hand stop to top it off.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#20]
i have a cloud defense surefire switch holder I'm going to mount on the side.  So I should have that soon due to the rail space being small
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:02:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RedRaptor] [#21]
Anyone have a photo of an SBR'd Scorpion with a 7.7" barrel and the Griffin 3-lug or HKParts 1/2x28 3-lug attached? I'm trying to figure out how short I need to list my barrel length when I send in my Form 1 and have it cut down from a carbine, and I plan to have a Rugged Obsidian ride it most of the time with an HK-style 3-lug flash hider on it whenever the can goes on something else. I intend to use the HBI angled pistol-length handguards once I'm done, if that matters.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:28:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TATBME] [#22]
Originally Posted By RedRaptor:
Anyone have a photo of an SBR'd Scorpion with a 7.7" barrel and the Griffin 3-lug or HKParts 1/2x28 3-lug attached? I'm trying to figure out how short I need to list my barrel length when I send in my Form 1 and have it cut down from a carbine, and I plan to have a Rugged Obsidian ride it most of the time with an HK-style 3-lug flash hider on it whenever the can goes on something else. I intend to use the HBI angled pistol-length handguards once I'm done, if that matters.
View Quote
I think I can help, Scorpion Evo, Rugged Obsidian in K config, Rugged 3 lug mount, and Griffin 3 lug adapter. Only difference is I have the factory carbine handguard.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:07:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By jclaypool:
Does anyone know which, if any, QD sling swivel points work with HBI handguards? I bought the PMM front mount before buying the HBI forend, but it doesn't seem like it will work. I was using an MLOK QD point but the position bothers me.
View Quote
I was in the same boat and I too have a pmm front mount to sell. You have 2 options, mount something to the mlok side slot or I forget, but there is company that makes a side mount other than pmm.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Look up in my picture; it is a 1/2 28 hkpart three lug with an Obsidian using a Rugged 3 lugged adapter mount in the K configuration.  Though my barrel is 5.5 inches.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:33:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fiyero] [#25]
After almost a year it's finally done minus a light if I figure out where to put one. I set out to create something similar to a UMP.

Attachment Attached File

Aimpoint H1 in ADM mount.
Lage MFG stock
Yetiwurks Switchback
Shooters Element Trigger w/HBI springs
Parker Mountain Machine Safety
Manticore Arms Handguard.

Rugged Obsidian
Rugged 3 Lug Mount
Griffin 3 Lug Adapter
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#26]
After almost a year it's finally done minus a light if I figure out where to put one. I set out to create something similar to a UMP.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222364/IMAG1909-173743.JPG

Lage MFG stock
Yetiwurks Switchback

Rugged Obsidian
Rugged 3 Lug Mount
Griffin 3 Lug Adapter
View Quote
Fuckin love that
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

Fuckin love that
View Quote
Thanks man! It seems like we both started EVO projects forever ago
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:15:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ImageX] [#28]
View Quote
Not sure if you're looking for a cut down carbine but mine(from pistol) has a Manticore 3-lug with a Griffin 3-lug mount on a Octane 9. You would list your barrell length as it is without any muzzle devices attached. A short barrell is a short barrel though and it's not too critical to be exact on dimensions. In other words, if you have a 8" barrel listed but then install a 7" barrel... it's still all good.

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:57:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RedRaptor] [#29]
Originally Posted By TATBME:

I think I can help, Scorpion Evo, Rugged Obsidian in K config, Rugged 3 lug mount, and Griffin 3 lug adapter. Only difference is I have the factory carbine handguard.
View All Quotes

Look up in my picture; it is a 1/2 28 hkpart three lug with an Obsidian using a Rugged 3 lugged adapter mount in the K configuration.  Though my barrel is 5.5 inches.
While I appreciate these examples, it's not quite what I'm looking for. To clarify, I'm trying to see what the gun looks like with the factory 7.7" barrel, pistol handguards, and a Griffin or HK Parts 1/2x28 3-lug adapter attached so that I can determine how far the 3-lug extends past the handguards compared to the HK Parts 18x1 or Manticore 3-lug adapters, which seem fairly long in comparison.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the carbine has a big barrel nut too - is it also 18x1 and threaded on the same spot as the factory pistol barrels? If so, I could hypothetically just have it cut to be a carbon copy of the pistol barrel, which opens up my handguard options somewhat too...
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:23:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Daggertt] [#30]
Scorpion next to some other toys
Attachment Attached File

Scorpion close up
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#31]

Lage MFG stock
Yetiwurks Switchback

Rugged Obsidian
Rugged 3 Lug Mount
Griffin 3 Lug Adapter
View Quote
Saw and liked this on some Facebook group  
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:58:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TheOldRepublic:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheOldRepublic:

Lage MFG stock
Yetiwurks Switchback

Rugged Obsidian
Rugged 3 Lug Mount
Griffin 3 Lug Adapter
Same. Sharp setup
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:26:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Decided I wasn't going to put the CZ Carbine Handguard on... I put it up on the EE to sell it.

Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#34]
To those of you who bought the Yetiwurks grip recently, the grip screw is not too small. Compare the oem screw with the yetiwurks screw. They are almost the same length.  

OEM has more threads than the Yeti screw while the Yeti has more shank which is causing interference with the receiver hole and the screw will not go full depth. The Oem screw will by proud of the nut on the opposite side of the grip when you tighten it down. While the included screw will be more flush.

Removing the receiver interference via rat tail file for example will allow the yetiwurks screw to go full depth.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Does anybody have an HKParts 3 lug adapter?  I bought one and screwed it on and am wondering how tight I should try to get it.  I hand tightened it thinking that the scorpion's little clip thing on the muzzle would help secure it but I can easily still break it loose and wiggle it, which worries me with a suppressor on it.  It doesn't have any flats to stick a wrench on so what have any of you done as far as how tight to get it?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I just used a Cresent wrench across the lugs to tighten mine with no ill effect.  Mined didn't come with flat areas on the back like some.

I'm using a Rugged Obsidian 3 lug mount and HKParts 3 lug adapter.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:43:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lambshot23] [#37]
I am finally done, well maybe some cerakote in the future.

Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Is there anything out there or small tweaks that can make the safety easier to engage/disengage? I've thought about getting the AK style safety for more leverage but my thumbs are small, girly, and weak.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#41]
The AK style safeties are sweet, and the extra length gives you the leverage you need if you have weak fingers or have a selector that is 'resistent'. I just got the strong side one--the mini variant. Works great.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:43:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daddytallguy] [#42]
I stoned mine when I replaced the trigger pack because it was really bad.  It is much better after doing the polish job and no new lever was going to fix the issue.  

Just go slow if you choose to do it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Punkface:
Is there anything out there or small tweaks that can make the safety easier to engage/disengage? I've thought about getting the AK style safety for more leverage but my thumbs are small, girly, and weak.
View Quote
I got the small AK safety and I love it. Highly recommended.

Just like on an AK you don't need to use your thumb if that's an issue for you. I don't have small thumbs, so the regular size one might work better for you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:48:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SilasB] [#44]
Has anybody driven the pin out of the stock CZ hinge?

Getting ready for paint and hoping somebody has tried it and can report results.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:18:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Has anybody driven the pin out of the stock CZ hinge?

Getting ready for paint and hoping somebody has tried it and can report results.
View Quote
I did it when I duracoated mine, it's just as easy as any other pin.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:26:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#46]
Muh Evo looks funny.
Nvm. "File size error" :(
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:48:53 PM EDT
[#47]

I did it when I duracoated mine, it's just as easy as any other pin.
View Quote
Thanks.  What color did you go with? 

I used Belgian Brown for something a little different.  Very pleased with the results.  Going to try and wait a couple of days until reassembly.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:27:28 AM EDT
[#48]

Thanks.  What color did you go with? 

I used Belgian Brown for something a little different.  Very pleased with the results.  Going to try and wait a couple of days until reassembly.
View Quote
It's half way up this very page
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#49]

It's half way up this very page
View Quote
That's like 10 years in internet time.

Looks sharp.  The brown is going to be...different, but that's the point.  I'm just waiting on the barrel to come back and I'll put it together.

I did the same on the stock, didn't paint the sliding portion.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#50]
I have been looking all week for a SBT folding brace for my evo. Anyone have a lead on one you pass along?
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 176 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top