Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 170 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 5:48:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 01SVTSnake] [#2]
PGS Hybrid magazine for Scorpion EVO - first test shots in mid 2016

Manticore Arms PGS Hybrid magazine for Scorpion EVO - full auto 1500 rounds per minute!

Can't wait to get some for myself!
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Me to I want something that is usa made and has awesome customer service like preppers and Manticore.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
Video from late August 2016 of the very first test shots of the Manticore Arms designed PGS Hybrid magazine for the Scorpion EVO.

https://youtu.be/uT-hsL0Hrbw

Video of the full auto test - sample gun was a supressed full auto Scorpion EVO running at about 1500 rounds per minute.   We intentionally ran it "overspeed" with this gun to make sure even in the worst case scenario the feed stack would move into position fast enough- we ran several mags on this gun and I will let the results in the video speak for themselves.  

https://youtu.be/IfFRUvt9f6Y

Sven
Manticore Arms

[ETA]  embed not working, so just direct links.
View Quote

AWESOME! One question. Do they use standard Scorpion baseplates? It looks like Taylor Freelance is coming to market with extended basepad and I'd like to throw some on these new mags.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:

It's nice with the stock and a stub front grip. I guess the thing I don't like about the SBR is having to paperwork an approval to go out of state. Being on a state's boarder, spontaneous trips are out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

You're going to like it a lot more as an SBR than you ever would have with one of the braces out there, no matter how nice they might be.

It's nice with the stock and a stub front grip. I guess the thing I don't like about the SBR is having to paperwork an approval to go out of state. Being on a state's boarder, spontaneous trips are out.

Just send a form in for the states around you that you may want to visit with the duration of 1/1/17-12/31/17 so it will be good for the whole year. You can still make spontaneous trips.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Lay:

Just send a form in for the states around you that you may want to visit with the duration of 1/1/17-12/31/17 so it will be good for the whole year. You can still make spontaneous trips.
View Quote

I think it is easier to keep one in pistol form

Hey, you always need another one!!

Doc
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jclaypool:

AWESOME! One question. Do they use standard Scorpion baseplates? It looks like Taylor Freelance is coming to market with extended basepad and I'd like to throw some on these new mags.
View Quote

This is a good question. +3 or +5 bases would be pretty awesome...
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jclaypool:

+5 on a Manticore 32!
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:16:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrMitch] [#9]
Tax stamp is due back any day now and I just bought a Deltapoint Pro to mount on my Scorpion, is there a generally accepted zero for 9mm sub guns? I was just going to zero at 25yds but if anyone has input I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 2:50:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MrMitch:
Tax stamp is due back any day now and I just bought a Deltapoint Pro to mount on my Scorpion, is there a generally accepted zero for 9mm sub guns? I was just going to zero at 25yds but if anyone has input I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!
View Quote
I planned on 15 or 25 but I need to zero an optic too so I guess I should do it right
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:53:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#11]
Found this interesting, looks like 25 is the way to go...

Zeroing a 9mm AR Carbine
by LTC Chuck Santose

115gr 9mm Parabellum, (not 124gr 9mm NATO for this one.)

Recommend you zero at 25 yards. With this zero the bullet is no more than an inch from line of sight (the dot or your iron sights) from about 15 yards to 100 yards. That is the bullet is under [inside, not lower] the dot at all times. You only need to hold "up a dot" at 125 yards and up 2 at 150. Comparison of 25 yard and 50 yard BSZs are below:

Range 25 50 75 100 125 150 175 Yards
25 Yard Zero Path (LOS) 0.0 1.2 0.9 -1.1 -5.1 -11.1 -19.3 inches
MOA Adjust 0.0 D2.4 U1.2 U1.1 U3.9 U7.1 U10.5 moa
50 Yard Zero Path (LOS) -0.6 0.0 -0.9 -3.6 -8.2 -14.8 -23.6 inches
MOA Adjust U2.4 0.0 U3.4 U3.4 U6.2 U9.4 U12.9 moa

D= Down, U=Up

With a 25 yard zero your bullet peaks at 60 yards and is less than 1-1/2 inch above line of sight. Any target closer than 100 yards the bullet will strike somewhere within the 3.5 or 4MOA dot if you do your part.

I don't like the 50 yard zero because the bullet is always low and is dropping like a stone past 75 yards. You'll have to hold up a dot at 100 yards and don't have any midrange advantage.
View Quote

Of course, I only shoot subs anymore in 9mm, so I'm not sure if the same would apply. Surely I've got quite a bit more drop at 100 with 147s.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 7:05:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I saw the movie Underworld: Blood Wars over the weekend.  I think half the guns in that movie were Scorpion SBRs
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By copperhead035:
I saw the movie Underworld: Blood Wars over the weekend.  I think half the guns in that movie were Scorpion SBRs
View Quote

Well now I'm gonna have to go see this movie.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:58:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I actually just ran across this special last night and was thinking about ordering one. Before I pull the trigger, I had a question about it. As this model has the 1/2 X 28 threads, does CZ or anyone sell an adapter to mount a can on? Judging from the pictures, it looks like a suppressor would be very close or impossible to attach due to the close proximity of the hand guard.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 170Driver:
I actually just ran across this special last night and was thinking about ordering one. Before I pull the trigger, I had a question about it. As this model has the 1/2 X 28 threads, does CZ or anyone sell an adapter to mount a can on? Judging from the pictures, it looks like a suppressor would be very close or impossible to attach due to the close proximity of the hand guard.
View Quote

A ton of people suppress their Scorpions.  I took a different route, got a 3 lug that went on the 18x1 threads or whatever the first gen is.  It does look kind of goofy, direct thread on this makes me nervous though.  I could be weird.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

What diameter can?
I ditched the OEM handguard but I bet you could fit a 1.375 can in there
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Burnsy87:

A ton of people suppress their Scorpions.  I took a different route, got a 3 lug that went on the 18x1 threads or whatever the first gen is.  It does look kind of goofy, direct thread on this makes me nervous though.  I could be weird.
View All Quotes

I've been wanting one for quite some time now. I have a PTP Ranger sitting an NFA jail at the moment that I'd like to put on the front of it. Do you have any specific reservations to the direct thread?

Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

What diameter can?

Haha well it may be close in that case! I looked up the Ranger's diameter and it is 1.37.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 8:47:52 AM EDT
[#18]
@tatbme what suppressor is under that handguard?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#19]

I've been wanting one for quite some time now. I have a PTP Ranger sitting an NFA jail at the moment that I'd like to put on the front of it. Do you have any specific reservations to the direct thread?

Haha well it may be close in that case! I looked up the Ranger's diameter and it is 1.37.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

What diameter can?

My Osprey will rotate slightly when I'm rapid firing, that's my worry. Again, probably being overly cautious, but as quickly as I can fire my SBR Scorpion, I don't want any issues.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Rugged Obsidian in the K configuration.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TATBME:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TATBME:

Perfect, thank you
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#22]

My Osprey will rotate slightly when I'm rapid firing, that's my worry. Again, probably being overly cautious, but as quickly as I can fire my SBR Scorpion, I don't want any issues.
View Quote

Yeah, that would make me a little concerned also!
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#23]
anyone heard of any announcements from SHOT regarding Scoprion grips? I haven't (yet) and it's a bit discouraging. This is a really popular gun these days, with the carbine out now and all...and still, I haven't found a grip option I like.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I am with you. I like the looks of the Yeti switchback, but not sold on it yet. The other couple that have come out just look funky to me. I am waiting for more options. Luckily I don't hate the factory one, but want something with a slightly  more perpendicular angle.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#25]
I bought the Apex and then grabbed a rubber grip for a CZ pistol I heard worked on Facebook.. Haven't shot it with it on yet, but it gives it a better feel for sure.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#26]
if magpul would just take the regular old MOE grip and adapt the back portion of the top to work with the EVO, it'd be perfectly acceptable. Offer a + version for people that want it extra grippy. Done. No need to reinvent the wheel here. For once I'd be perfectly happy with 'lazy design'.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#27]
if magpul would just take the regular old MOE grip and adapt the back portion of the top to work with the EVO, it'd be perfectly acceptable. Offer a + version for people that want it extra grippy. Done. No need to reinvent the wheel here. For once I'd be perfectly happy with 'lazy design'.
View Quote

Works for me. I am in:)
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 6:32:04 AM EDT
[#28]
JEKBROWN or HKDUDE:

Have you seen the Pakse(?) grip?  It's coming out in February.
It's pretty good but needs to be more grippy, AND it's mainly for larger hands.  Medium to small would be better off with the awkward looking APEX.  
I have a sample of it for feedback, and hopefully they'll adopt a few of my better ideas in future versions (though I'm sure others will think of one of my main improvements, too).
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Not aware of that one. Have a picture or two? Interested is checking them out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#30]
In other news, the new SBT-EVO brace is out. Price is a bit steep, but i really want the B&T Style look. Anyone got one alreeady?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Pakse grip, still under development.

Pakse grip
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Idaholandho:
Pakse grip, still under development.

Pakse grip
View Quote

Interesting
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:13:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eviljoe] [#33]
The Pakse grip is nice, but very around.  Nicely shaped though.
The brace is only $148+$10 shipping at many places like Lanbos and Elite Machine (?)....it's about what a blade costs that doesn't fold -- soooo nice.

Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#34]
So...this Pakse grip...is it just a renamed Olympia Tactical Pathfinder grip?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:08:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#35]
Come get some. This SBR isn't even close to "done", but it is ready for some testing...

Attachment Attached File

look at the sweet glorious sight radius!!!! Fantastic. Might go to HK sights at some point, we'll see.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:15:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pirate63] [#36]

Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Come get some. This SBR isn't even close to "done", but it is ready for some testing...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49124/IMG-20170119-151615-981-129249.JPG
View Quote

Looks good! Bare muzzle?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:29:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cardplayer] [#39]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

Who makes that grip with the integral handstop?
View Quote

That appears to be a Russian Molot.

Edit - As seen on Russian AK's and I think they may fit the Vepr fore end such as Atlantic sells.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:09:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#40]
That's correct, it's from Molot (imported directly from Russia!), but I modified it. I cut about an inch off the bottom, stippled it, and then had it cerakoted a flat graphite black. Love the size of the grip and that it has two mounting bolts. It would be cool if it had storage, but once you start chopping the bottom off, I guess that went out the window anyway. I like the diameter of the grip more than the narrower Sig ones you see pop up on the MPX. Here's what it looks like when the Russians ship it:

Attachment Attached File

As far as the muzzle goes: yep, bare for now. Class 3 machining is going to put 1/2 threads on there for me, prolly in Feb. Once it comes back from that, I'll be using a Rousch Sports snubbie vortex clone as a thread protector. Have those on my AK SBRs and they are awesome. Look like this:

Attachment Attached File

final note: surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but the stock is not actually installed all the way. I was kind of throwing parts on really quick and snapping a pic before I headed out the door for work. For some reason the stock slid on about 85% of the way and then got 'stuck'. I know there's a button in the butt end of the gun that you depress to take stocks on/off, but I couldn't seem to depress it before I had to go. Anyway, if anyone thinks the stock looks a little "off", that is why...it slides down about another 3/8-1/2".
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#41]
I had NOT heard of the Pakse Development grip. They have no functional www site, but do have a FB. Here is a pic of one of their recent prototypes.

Attachment Attached File

Final version looks like it'll be released in Feb. I'd like some more pics...but I think this might be my first aftermarket grip. Like the angle and the profile...
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:31:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Doing a trigger job and swapping out my disc and trigger spring today for the HBI reduced springs, I discovered a possible achilles heel of the scorpion.

I had all springs installed correctly according to a post by HBI, but the trigger would not reset. Disassembled, polished a bit more, cleaned out the dirty polish, and reassembled.
No dice - no reset.

Then got to looking at that firing pin safety. It is a big source of friction as it is pressed smack against the trigger housing.

I put a few drops of oil behind it, and guess what? Trigger group started working fine!

In my opinion, with a low poundage trigger spring such as HBI, a bit of friction caused by the fp safety can make the FCG borderline functional.

You should be good if oiled, but if it gets dry in there or a bit of sand or dirt between the safety and trigger housing - not good.

This is why I believe the gun has such a heavy factory trigger spring...

Possible solutions
- Just keep it oiled and clean
- Make a shim to put between the two to reduce friction/ contact area
- Put very slight bend in the safety
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Vortex SPARC II was here waiting when I got home. I'm happy. I used two of the three included mounts, I didn't like the tall mount. FDE grip is the only extra I had around, it'll be replaced don't fret. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:24:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlyingBengal] [#44]
Anyone using the 3-lug mount with their SilencerCo on their scorpion?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By FlyingBengal:
View Quote

as soon as my form 4 clears
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By FlyingBengal:
View Quote

my setup will be:

K cut barrel
1/2x28 threads
griffing 3 lug
octane 45 k
rugged three lug mount
all under the pistol length HBI rail.

Just waiting for the Octane to get outta jail.

Kevin
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Does anyone make a flash hider in the thread pitch of the Scorpion?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#48]
manticore makes them I have their eclipse on mine 18x1 thread
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By akuser-47:
manticore makes them I have their eclipse on mine 18x1 thread
View Quote

I love it. Great product. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#50]
I wonder if CZ is planning on selling FDE carbines. I know they aren't in the catalog, but if I recall correctly neither were the FDE pistols when they were introduced.

Has CZ said anything about that?
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 170 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top