Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2014 1:28:39 AM EDT
What options are there for a 45 acp bolt action carbine?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 2:06:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Well valkarie arms made a replica of the delisle carbine from WWII essentially a suppressed lee enfield in 45 acp
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 2:07:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The only thing I can think of offhand is to turn an Enfield into a DeLisle, but that's expensive and involves tax stamps.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 4:42:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Convert an old Mauser to a .45 ACP rifle. Takes 1911 magazines.
http://www.troupsystems.com/MAUSER/mauser_conversions.htm
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

i have one of these i put on a super cheap shot out turkish masuer, and out of everything i own its the most fun to shoot. i still need to do alittle work to it, im adding iron sights and threading it for supressor use
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

i have one of these i put on a super cheap shot out turkish masuer, and out of everything i own its the most fun to shoot. i still need to do alittle work to it, im adding iron sights and threading it for supressor use
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate you guys! Off to find a scruffy non-Yugo Mauser.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#7]
un supressed its so damn quite you cant help but smile when you shoot it, i think im gonna lighten the fireing spring a bit to see if i can quite the action, its the loudest part
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:12:33 AM EDT
[#8]

A year or two back I saw one of these back in the corner of a LGS for a pretty low price. This was in the middle of the AR craze and no one gave it much thought.   Now I wish I would have looked a bit closer at it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#9]
If you've got a mauser you can diy one with a Rhineland Arms kit. http://www.troupsystems.com/mauser45kits.htm
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#10]
mines not pretty, i havent gotten a new upper handguard made yet but i figured out how to attach it when its made. im also adding iron sights a short rail and threading the barrel. this was just while i was function testing it... but its been to much fun to take back apart lol
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 6:07:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you've got a mauser you can diy one with a Rhineland Arms kit. http://www.troupsystems.com/mauser45kits.htm
View Quote

You're making me spend money!!

I have a .45 Silent Carbine on order from SIA. (Should be end of November from what he says)

I may have to find a cheap K98 to tinker with between now and whenever it is I get the silent carbine.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I wish some would make a bolt action Sten type that would take the grease gun mags or Thompson mags.   9mm would be nice too.   A pump action would be OK too.   If it could be made cheap enough it would probably sell.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:10:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Look what you made me do.

Here's a 1944 Turkish Mauser. The barrel was marked 97 and didn't survive. This receiver was on there.

I plan to do some work to it and have it carburized or case hardened at a local place.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#14]
mine was pretty stuck to, i had to relive the shoulder on a late then grind the barrel flat on two sides to grab in my big ass bench vise... i thought i was gonn abreak the bench
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got a Remington 788 in 6mm that will be a .45acp rifle soon.  The breachface will work with the .45 round.  Just swap out barrels and make a new floor plate to accept a 1911 mag.

Shouldn't be too hard.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#16]
on mine the hardest part other than pulling the barrel was working the mausers feed ramp to take the large rounded nose on the .45 i still need to get in there with a file to widen it alittle but its pretty close. right now im working on putting m1 carbine iron sights on it
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:12:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with this company/kit?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Just got an email from Richard at SIA saying that my No 4 MK I conversion is done.  Unfortunately I am leaving the country and wont be able to get it till around the 1st.  If you do your own stock work the turnaround is very quick, 10 days for mine!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 1:37:11 AM EDT
[#19]
I just got my Enfield back from SIA and I am disappointed to say the least.  An email was sent to Richard outlining my issues, I am going to give him a chance to make it right before I get into anything here.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Here's a 1944 Turkish Mauser. The barrel was marked 97 and didn't survive. This receiver was on there.

I plan to do some work to it and have it carburized or case hardened at a local place.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/21ngwwp.jpg
View Quote
What types of mauser work the best for this .45 conversion?

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

large ring K98 style. Total for a build will run $5 - 600. Unless you can find a K98 / lg ring very cheap. Around here people thing it's worth $400 + for a beater unit. The sarco receiver set ups are the best way to go vs buying one that's missing parts of turns out to be a g ring with small ring threads.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
large ring K98 style. Total for a build will run $5 - 600. Unless you can find a K98 / lg ring very cheap. Around here people thing it's worth $400 + for a beater unit. The sarco receiver set ups are the best way to go vs buying one that's missing parts of turns out to be a g ring with small ring threads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about the old, old Mausers that had the massive barrel?  Gew88, I think?  Basically, what old, stuff could be revitalized by this?  Does split bridge vs. closed matter?

Starting to wonder if I should start cruising pawn shops for old rifles
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What about the old, old Mausers that had the massive barrel?  Gew88, I think?  Basically, what old, stuff could be revitalized by this?  Does split bridge vs. closed matter?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OLD, OLD mausers are small ring, or like some turk one of contract runs. You need to research what works and is ease of use parts wise.. there's lots of info. After seeing what prices were locally for a K98 and what total cash outlay would be. Once i passed the $350 mark i stopped. I'm kind of anal about the projects i get in to. The return vs investment has to be there. In this case it's not. YMMV
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#24]
i got my turk for 125 bucks, its a large ring action but has small ring threads, and it went  together realyy well
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#25]
How'd it turn out?  SIA, in my experience (limited) has had good customer service.

advntrjnky

Quoted:
I just got my Enfield back from SIA and I am disappointed to say the least.  An email was sent to Richard outlining my issues, I am going to give him a chance to make it right before I get into anything here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:46:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How'd it turn out?  SIA, in my experience (limited) has had good customer service.

advntrjnky

View All Quotes
Quoted:

advntrjnky

Quoted:

After I sent the email with my concerns his reply didnt seem to understand or care about my concerns.  I have been waiting until I got the rifle back from another gunsmith who fixed the threads and front sight.  I got it back today, I will update here if/when he replies.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Built mine from a M38 Turkish Mauser action and Rhineland Arms conversion kit.  Used "Class III Machining" to thread the barrel.  By far one of my favorite guns.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#28]
thats soooo much nicer than mine, i still need to find a shop to thread my barrel
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
thats soooo much nicer than mine, i still need to find a shop to thread my barrel
View Quote

Morgan at Class 3 Machining did a great job with mine.  Send him a message and he'll take care of you.

Class 3 Machining
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#30]
My reply was sent several days ago now.
I'm still a one man band, time on the PC is time away from production.
One-off builds do not get the advantage of CNC so have to be done on the manual lathe.

If you enlarge the image enough any thread will look rough.
For the record, a 1/2-28 thread will never work for mounting a suppressor to a .45 barrel, ever.
.578-28 is the industry standard.
I suppose I need to add more detail to my site, I've been trying to keep it lean.

From my FAQ, http://www.specialinterestarms.com/index.php?page=faq
How do I get my old barrel off? It's REALLY stuck!
Seven out of ten Enfield barrels are extremely hard to remove, we find that the easiest way to get them off the action is as follows. If you do not have a lathe, a local machine shop or gunsmith can handle this for you at a nominal cost.
A. Strip the action of the stock, rear sight, and all small parts which might come loose while the action is spinning in a lathe.
B. Strip the bolt assembly, you will need a firing pin removal tool.
C. Insert the bolt body into the barreled action.
D. Mount the barreled action in a lathe with a "swing" of 9" or larger.
E. At the receiver end place the firing pin hole in the bolt body on a live center mounted in the tail stock.
F. Chuck the barrel in a self centering three jaw chuck.
G. At very low speed turn-off the barrel shoulder (Chamber area just in front of the receiver) to 1" diameter using a thin blade parting tool. Wear safety glasses!
H. This will relieve pressure on the barrel shoulder and threads, the barrel should now unscrew easily.
Since the barrel shoulder has been machined back the barrel is now scrap, and will never be usable in .303 again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top