Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2014 3:24:25 PM EDT
I just received a couple of 32 round magazines I purchased off the EE from the handgun magazine section. Neither one will lock into the gun, it looks like the detent on the top left corner is off from factory mags by a noticeable amount when they are held side by side. I was under the impression that all 92 mags would fit, and I don't have a 92 anymore to try the mags out in a pistol. Has anyone run into this issue before, and is there a way to fix it without ruining the mag?

Thank you
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure your Storm is set up for 92 series mags? And not the PX mags?

Beretta factory hi cap mags are 30 rounds, not 32. Do your mags have a rubber covering that run from the bottom of the mag to the where the magwell starts?

Pics would help.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#2]
It is setup for 92 mags, all of my pistol mags from my 92 that was stolen fit it just fine. I do not have the rubber pieces, and they are not Beretta factory magazines. The one on the left is the new mag that doesn't fit, and is not a factory mag. The right one is a factory 15 round mag. It seems like the 32 rounder is just not stopping when I put it in. Nothing locks it in, it just reaches a point where the mag follower stops and starts to compress, while the mag body keeps travelling up a little more before it stops as well. I can then pull the mag back out easily. Even being non-factory, I would think it would fit if it's for a 92.

Eta: website flipped my picture, bottom became left, top became right
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a very common issue with these guns, and I ran into this problem right when the AWB expired. The CX4 requires the factory mags because the magwell is made to tighter specs than the 92 series pistols, ie the aftermarket mags will mostly work in the handguns but not in the carbines. Unfortunately your only real options are to buy the factory high cap mags, try out some mec-gars (which may also be who makes the factory mags), convert the magwell to accept PX4 mags and see if you can get cheaper extended mags (doubt it), or sell the gun.

I have had the best results biting the bullet and shelling out the extra cash for the Beretta factory mags.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]
uh ...maybe its my screen or the pic isnt bright enough
but where is the mag catch on the bottom mag
or
did I just get punked
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#5]
My picture got flipped somehow, the left one is the non factory mag that doesn't work
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 11:49:56 PM EDT
[#6]
So bottom mag is the non functioning one
Because its missing the mag catch slot
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So bottom mag is the non functioning one
Because its missing the mag catch slot
View Quote

The slot by my thumb is missing from the 32 rounder, yes. It does look like that is the problem. How the hell is a magazine supposed to stay in then, in any gun that takes that mag?

Link Posted: 6/24/2014 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#8]
It won't
Those are defective
Unless the mag catch is on the other side I would contact the
Seller if they didn't state there were "non working"
If that's not an option then measure out the slot and
cut it yourself. But I wouldn't use them for anything but a range
Mag
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Early Cx4's had an issue with the clip that holds the mag in. There was a tutorial on line that had pics of bending the clip so it sticks out farther and engages the mag. Worked on mine. Factory mags always worked. Aftermarket mags must be thinner.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Wrong mags. The slot on the front makes me wonder if they're meant for a Ruger P series?
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#11]
There's a lot of mags out there with that diamond detent at the top like Beretta 92 mags have, my old Bersa Thunder Hi cap mags looked almost identical to my 92s except for the mag catch. I've seen S&W mags that look similar as well. I doubt that's a Bersa mag, I looked for a 30+ mag for years and no one had ever heard of one.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm sending them back today. I guess I'll stick with factory mags, they're about the same price as the 15 rounders. Thank you everyone for the help, I had t noticed the mag slot and thought the problem was elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#13]
if you are still looking for mags
midsouth has 20 round flush fit mec gar for 30
and
buds has 20 round extended beretta mags for 25
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#14]
botach as factory 30 rounders for $30.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:29:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Mecgars work great in mine.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#16]
If they are 32rd mags there are propably promags. I had the same problem and made a shim to tighten up the mag insert. Been so long, but I think I shimed the side opposite the mag catch. My beretta mags were kind of loose also before I did the shim. Mags don't always drop free but they fit very securely. No problems ever after the mod.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top