Posted: 4/20/2014 5:22:55 PM EDT
question guys?
which adapter is everyone looking for
is it

1) Px4  to 92/96  

2) 92/96 to  Px4    
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I would guess that most people want to use the more common 92/96 mags.

You might not get accurate poll results with it worded the way it is.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the PX4 & 92 setups in my 9mm.
I also have PX4 & 8045 setups in my .45.
The 90 series is most likely the most popular.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The wording is misleading...PX4 to 92 ?? What does that mean.

As for as the most desirable style I would suspect people on this forum would say the 92 series. If you were asking a bunch of PX-4 pistol owners they would pick differently.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a px4 rifle. I didn't realize the difference when I bought it but I bought a couple of 20 round mags with it then found four more on the beretta site so I will probably stay with my current setup.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:17:45 AM EDT
[#5]
what i was trying to ask was which adapter was the most wanted.
as in
would the most storm owners here, be looking for an adapter to go from px4 mags to 92 mags

the reason i asked was i came across a site that had 3 px4 to 92 adapters
but by the time i figured it out(couple of hours) they were sold

my intention was to put the word out here for our fellow members
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for trying happy'!
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#7]
i don't understand why people didn't understand what he was asking, seemed simple enough.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i don't understand why people didn't understand what he was asking, seemed simple enough.
View Quote

thanks guys.
I was just trying to pay it forward. I figure its the least I can do after all the info I have gained from fellow members
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 7:07:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
question guys?
which adapter is everyone looking for
is it

1) Px4  to 92/96  

2) 92/96 to  Px4    
View Quote

The wording is confusing to some. You put an insert into the CX-4 carbine to allow it to accept the magazine you want. So, the wording to many might be something like this:

Which adapter is most desired?

92/96 series

PX4 series

8000 series Cougar

To some a "PX4 to 92/96"  sounds like something created to allow you to use a 92 series pistol magazine in a PX4 pistol or a PX4 pistol magazine in a 92 series pistol.
One thing they teach you in your technical education training, its not how you say it, its how its heard.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 11:59:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I say it depends on caliber.

9mm:     PX4 --> 92 gets you higher capacity factory options

.40S&W: 96 --> PX4 gets you higher capacity factory options
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#11]
So for the less savvy,

I thought you either ran an adapter or you didn't.  Is there a different adapter for the different magazines?
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So for the less savvy,

I thought you either ran an adapter or you didn't.  Is there a different adapter for the different magazines?
View Quote

You might call them inserts....as they don't "adapt" the rifle to take a different magazine. The magwell is a standard size. Into it you must insert the correct magazine insert for the mag you wish to use.
Without that sleeve that goes up in the grip, there is no magazine that will work with the firearm. You must have an insert of one style or another in order to insert and lock any mag.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You might call them inserts....as they don't "adapt" the rifle to take a different magazine. The magwell is a standard size. Into it you must insert the correct magazine insert for the mag you wish to use.
Without that sleeve that goes up in the grip, there is no magazine that will work with the firearm. You must have an insert of one style or another in order to insert and lock any mag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So for the less savvy,

I never knew this. I always thought they were one or the other. I passed up a deal on a cx4 a few years back because it took px4 mags and I have a 92 pistol and a gazillion 92 mags
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top