Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2014 8:05:31 AM EDT
Does anyone know if the CX4 Storm has been discontinued? My LGS can get the one that accepts the px4 mags but cannot get one that accepts the 92 mags. I tried finding the mag adaptor online but everywhere I look either has the adaptor as unavailable or discontinued. Thanks for any info.

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't think so, try a different LGS.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Fpni
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 5:42:54 AM EDT
[#3]
They're still out there, you just have to dig. You may need to buy one that accepts the PX4 mags and swap the parts with another Storm owner for the 92 adapter. Thats what I did with mine. The Beretta forum is a great place for other CX4 nerds.
http://berettaforum.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=38
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 6:14:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Since Beretta just did a minor facelift on the Storm i doubt they would discontinue them. When I first saw that Beretta had relesed a new version of the Storm i saw three for sale at the next gun show. So maybe they're production is seasonal or in batches. From what I've read the 92 mag kits are very hard to come by, I'd wait and get they type you want.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my Storm long ago when they were unknown and cheaper.  At the time all I could find was one in a cardboard box as they didn't have the nice cases with them yet.  When I got mine all I could find was one with the 92 series mag adapter as the PX-4 pistol wasn't out yet.  When I got my PX-4 pistols some time later I thought of changing the carbine over to the PX-4 mags but hesitated. Since then the 92 mags have come out in 30 round versions plus 92 mags are everywhere and affordable so staying with that insert turns out to be the right move.

I keep hearing the CX-4 is dead but then I see them in the LGS's all the time. I like the newer model but don't plan on "upgrading" as its not that much different. Good luck in your search.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#7]
It would be interesting to know sales figures, as I would guess they are selling less than they used to, but must be selling with enough volume, to continue production, at least occasionally.

BTW, what updates have they done to the new guns?  
I see the front grip looks different (textured).  Is it actually rubber now, rather than plastic?
What else has been done?
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 1:05:02 PM EDT
[#8]
They also added what looks to be a shell deflector on both sides. I saw a newer one at Cabela's a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They also added what looks to be a shell deflector on both sides. I saw a newer one at Cabela's a few weeks ago.
View Quote

The little bumps you maybe referring to on each side are leftovers from the MX4 SMG.
The bumps prevent (protect) the selector from being changed if the rifle is placed on its side.

The textured foregrip is still polymer, just a little more gripy.
The internal changes are very subtle.
Sierra Papa had some stuff on his web sight that may touch on it.
He addresses it because he make trigger upgrades for the CX4 and had some fitting issues with the new carbines.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I got one a few months ago and am very happy with it.  It takes 92 which is good since I own two 92s and have an ample supply of mags.  The thing is laser out to 50 yards.  I found mine for $759 at a LGS.  Good luck OP.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 11:11:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I have been waiting since late last year for a conversion kit to take 92 mags.  

The rumor is "first quarter of 2014".  This rumor is getting old enough to have puppies.

I would get the 92 version if that is the one you want.  Or you can join me in backorder HELLLLLLLLL

Link Posted: 4/2/2014 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Well finally found one. My BIL text me the other day a local dealer had them on sale for $619. Being skeptical I called and they had one in stock and it was the one that takes the 92 mags. I kinda bought backwards, I have bought 3 factory 30 rd mags as I find them on sale first but hadn't been able to find the gun. Suprising light and I can't believe how short it is compared to my ar15's even with their stocks fully colapsed. Can't wait to get it to the range, sooner than later hopefully.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Congrats.
It sounds like the deal I got except I got a px4storm. I'm pretty well set for mags but not near as cheaply as most guys.
Oh well, what the hell.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Just got mine from Bud's. It's a 9mm that takes M-9 magazines.

I'm hoping to shoot it this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:59:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks. I converted the ejection and safety to LH last night. I'm leaving the mag catch as-is since I'm used to depressing them with my middle finger. The LH compatibility was a major reason for buying the Storm.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just got mine from Bud's. It's a 9mm that takes M-9 magazines.

http://flintlock.org/pics/var/albums/Beretta-CX4-Storm/Beretta_CX4_Cased.jpg?m=1396659629

I'm hoping to shoot it this weekend.
View Quote

I got my CX-4 very early on when they came in a cardboard box so I didn't get that nice case and stuff.

But, on a brighter note, when I bought it they where a bit less expensive so I did save some money in that regard but with what I saved I bought the soft case for it which is very nice. Its probably a wash and the price you paid from Bud's was reasonable in today's market.

Enjoy that rifle!
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I have been waiting since late last year for a conversion kit to take 92 mags.  

The rumor is "first quarter of 2014".  This rumor is getting old enough to have puppies.

I would get the 92 version if that is the one you want.  Or you can join me in backorder HELLLLLLLLL

View Quote

It just occurred to me that this would be a good use for a 3D scanner and printer. If someone could 3D scan the 92 insert and then make a CAD file, I bet there's a lot of folks who'd be interested in using it to make their own.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I got mine from Bud's two weeks ago. It's small and light. Perfect home defense weapon for a woman or bigger kid.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I was shooting my CX4 storm 9mm topped with a Burris Fastfire III today.  I love that little carbine.  Lots of fun to shoot, very little recoil, lightweight, and cheap to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The little bumps you maybe referring to on each side are leftovers from the MX4 SMG.
The bumps prevent (protect) the selector from being changed if the rifle is placed on its side.

He addresses it because he make trigger upgrades for the CX4 and had some fitting issues with the new carbines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I got mine early on as I said. It took the 92 mags as at that time the PX-4 was not out yet. Then later when I bought the PX-4 I wish I had the parts to convert mine to a PX-4 mag. I almost traded a guy my 92 adapter for his PX-4 insert but he backed out on the deal. Guess I was lucky he did.......

Even though I have a PX-4 9mm I am OK with the 92 series magazines as they are cheaper, easier to find and come in hi-capacity models.  Now, if I just had a PX-4 pistol and no mags maybe I would feel differently.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I had been looking for a year and a half for the 92 series cx4 and couldn't find on in stock for less than full retail
THEN i checked Bud's on a whim and lo and behold
92 series cx4 in stock AND on sale for $649 out the door
I put one on layaway in about 40 seconds

now all i need is a moerse shroud and a red dot and I'll be happy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top