Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2017 1:23:09 AM EDT
Just finished trying to sight in my rebuilt Winchester 1894 that was built in 1905. That thing will never zero with the current barrel.

It's in 38-55 with a sewer pipe of a Barrel and a bulge.

So at this point it has no collector value. So rebarreling it is an option.

Does anyone know where I can find a 26 inch round Barrel for a Winchester 1894 in either 30-30 or 38-54? I know numrich has their octagon replacement barrels. But really want to stick with a round barrel.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#1]
The barrel will have to be fit, you can't just drop in a barrel to a lever gun.  

If you do find a replacement with all the cuts and dovetails in the right places, you will have to cut the shank to get the barrel clocked correctly, which will require teaming the chamber and cutting any slots on the chamber end deeper.  That's a lot of work to install a used barrel to replace your used barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top