Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2017 9:39:05 AM EDT
 I found this at the Baltimore gun show missing the buttstock. Just had to make the buttstock, clean it up a bit and make a display case.imageuploadimageuploadimageuploadimageuploadimageuploadimageuploadimageuploadimageuploadimageupload
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Neat!
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Holy moley that is too freaking cool!  
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got the full sized Uberti version of the '66 Yellowboy carbine in 45 Colt.  Great fun and goes well with my Uberti SAA 45 Colt Peacemaker.

Shoots really well and the flip up rear sight works at 100, 200, 300, and 400yds by using it folded down for 100, up with the notch at the bottom of the oval for 200, center of the oval for 300, and top of the sight for 400yds.

Your 1/2 scale is a wonderful copy of the original.  To bad they didn't make it functional as a real firearm.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:53:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Very cool, nice work!
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Than miniature is awesome.  Looks like you did great with the stock.  I've seen similar and they are quite expensive.  Was yours prices well with the missing butt?

Rob
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Than miniature is awesome.  Looks like you did great with the stock.  I've seen similar and they are quite expensive.  Was yours prices well with the missing butt?

Rob
View Quote
This 1866 was made in Italy by Uberti some 30+ years ago. They are typically priced above the cost of the full size live Uberti's. Due to the missing stock the price was discounted. Uberti stopped making miniatures in the 80's. So replacement parts are no longer available for their miniatures. I contacted a few gunsmith's about making one. But the cost was just too high. Making it myself was really my only option. 
Before pic
free image hostingcertificity.com
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This 1866 was made in Italy by Uberti some 30+ years ago. They are typically priced above the cost of the full size live Uberti's. Due to the missing stock the price was discounted. Uberti stopped making miniatures in the 80's. So replacement parts are no longer available for their miniatures. I contacted a few gunsmith's about making one. But the cost was just too high. Making it myself was really my only option. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rob
You did a fantastic job of it.  I on the other hand can only make toothpics and campfires when l try working with wood.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks great.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Does it actually shoot anything?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:13:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does it actually shoot anything?
View Quote
No, this miniature was not made to fire. Some miniature 1866 were made to fire 22 short. But they are rare.
Here is one.
http://www.waynedriskillminiatures.com/miniature-firearms/tom-p-weston-12-scale-winchester-model-1866-saddle-ring-carbine/?portfolioID=36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top