Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2017 10:59:42 PM EDT
So I just picked up a Winchester model 94. 30-30. It was made it 1982. This is the last year with the sintered cast receiver.
And I was fully aware of that when I bought it. $225.00. Light rust but everything except the receiver cleaned up nicely.
So my question is. Is there any improvements or upgrades I should make to this Mdl 94? Now I'm not looking to dump
a ton of money into this. I'm just a tinkerer. Any Do It Yourself upgrades ?
I can post pics.... but this is nothing fancy.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:34:10 AM EDT
[#1]
They can be taken apart pretty easy and the high spots on the internals cleaned up with some fine grit automotive sandpaper. I just did this to a Model 94 that was made in 1980 and it resulted in a VERY slick action. I dont like tang sights so mine will be getting a receiver sight.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:01:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah sounds like a good start . I have an old reciver sight I picked up at a yard sale . I'll need to dig it out and see if it will fit this.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:04:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe the newer AE models disassemble a little differently but the following link is exactly how my 1980 manufacture 94 disassembles.

http://www.castbullet.com/misc/tdown.htm

Hope it shoots good for ya. Mine needs a little work but I bought it sight unseen.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:21:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool thanks for the info.
Found the reciver sight it's an older Lyman 56 , and it fits !
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:28:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Oops looks like I spoke to soon. This sight does not fit . It does not sit flat on the reciver.  Most likely for a pre 64  Win 94
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top