Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2017 9:40:13 PM EDT
Rossi 92 blue in .357-.38spl

Read the YouTube vids and will polish it up and install better sights after I shoot it and function test.

Now I have to wait 10 days.

[edit 2/18/17 picked it up last night] looks and functioned pretty well. Took it apart last night, replaced extracter spring with harbor freight spring and removed 2 coils off of hammer spring. Polished up all friction surfaces. Very slick now.

[edit 2---2/18/17]

Gun shot great! No hiccups, factory loads shot great, 38 special reloads shot great and my 357 mag reloads also shot great!

Looked at the brass, and now I'm pissed.

Is this normal? This is factory Perfecta 158gr FMJ.

[edit 4/2/17]

Got rifle back last week and took it shooting!

No more swollen brass, everything looks great!

I think the gunsmith at Rossi rechambered my old barrel. Removed some of the Feds ramp and cut two notches in it to allow space for the bolt.

Regardless, shoots great and was a blast!

Also shot some powdercoated Lee 158gr RF loads. I'll post the data on the reloading forum
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a Henry Big Boy in .357mag about six months ago. Recoil is less than my AR. Damn sucks you have to wait 10 days to play with it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got a Henry Big Boy in .357mag about six months ago. Recoil is less than my AR. Damn sucks you have to wait 10 days to play with it.
View Quote

If they had a Henry Big Boy Steel in 357mag I would have purchased that instead.

With the money I saved, I bought reloading dies, 1,500 primers, 100 bullets and 100 rounds.

Glad I saved 38spl and 357 mag brass I found over the years. The action felt smooth and other than the sights I think I will enjoy this thing.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If they had a Henry Big Boy Steel in 357mag I would have purchased that instead.

With the money I saved, I bought reloading dies, 1,500 primers, 100 bullets and 100 rounds.

Glad I saved 38spl and 357 mag brass I found over the years. The action felt smooth and other than the sights I think I will enjoy this thing.
View Quote

Now Sir, get yerself to Brownells and look at the Part Number 579-000-173MB. This is the Marble's WINDAGE and ELEVATION adjustable, tang mounted peep sight. And don't forget the screw set you will need as well. For the cartridge at hand this will give you all the accuracy and rapid target acquisition you will ever need. Be sure to use the chat feature if needed to be sure you get the correct sight for your gun.

I had this sight on a Marlin lever gun in .357 and it was very fast to shoot, and tons of fun. Sadly, the rifle itself was not up to my standards, so it went away. THE SIGHT however ended up on one of my '94 Winchester 30-30s. That combo is a terrific hunting rig within the limitations of the cartridge. Needless to say, I am a big fan of the peep sight for pistol caliber carbines.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:35:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Marlin 366 years ago. I love it. It is my loaner rifle when a friend wants to try out deer hunting. It's taken a few!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:05:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Now Sir, get yerself to Brownells and look at the Part Number 579-000-173MB. This is the Marble's WINDAGE and ELEVATION adjustable, tang mounted peep sight. And don't forget the screw set you will need as well. For the cartridge at hand this will give you all the accuracy and rapid target acquisition you will ever need. Be sure to use the chat feature if needed to be sure you get the correct sight for your gun.

I had this sight on a Marlin lever gun in .357 and it was very fast to shoot, and tons of fun. Sadly, the rifle itself was not up to my standards, so it went away. THE SIGHT however ended up on one of my '94 Winchester 30-30s. That combo is a terrific hunting rig within the limitations of the cartridge. Needless to say, I am a big fan of the peep sight for pistol caliber carbines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That looks interesting. I was looking at a Lyman globe for the front sight and a Skinner rear peep sight.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#6]
If the OP bought the Rifle or Short Rifle setup with the octagon barrel, the tang is d&t for the tang sight from the factory.  If he bought the carbine then it's not.  The Marbles tang and Lyman globe front sight is a slick setup, especially when using the target aperture.  I use mine to shoot my 158grn full power 357mag handloads at steel plates at 300yds.

Here is what I used on my 24” Rifle. I really like this setup and I hope this information helps:  (Note: in the picture above I'd removed the rear sight, however, I have since added it back.)

I got the sights at Brownells:
• Front - Lyman Globe front sight model 17A - Brownells' p/n. 539-017-444WB (metric dovetail)
• 1ea LeeShaver Insert Set for Lyman 17A combo card – Brownells' p/n. 781-100-017 (I use the small post)
• Or – 1eaMarbles 45MR 1/16” Brass Bead front sight Marbles p/n 604521, Brownells' p/n. 579-604-521WB
• Rear - MarbleFolding Sporting Rear Sight No. 95 - Brownells' p/n. 579-000-082 (you need a folding one so it doesn't block the tang - Note: picture shows a blank filler but I later put the folding sight back on.)
• Tang - MarbleRossi 1892 Peep Tang Sight - Brownells' p/n. 579-009-807WB (made specifically for your Rossi '92) or Lyman No. 2 1892 Peep Tang Sight – Brownells' p/n. 539-050-002WB (Made for Winchester 1892s)
• Screws -Marble Peep Tang Sight Screw Set (Rossi) - Brownells' p/n. 579-000-101WB (Marbles p/n 995002, again, specifically for your Rossi '92)

Note: The Rossi rifles (both 20" short and 24" bbl) are already D&T for the front tang sight screw so all you have to do is screw them on. Use the existing front and rear sight to line the tang sight up, then remove the front sight and use the rear and tang to line the new one up. Finally, remove the rear sight and use the front and tang to line the folding new one up. 

If the OP has the carbine, then a Marbles semi-buckhorn rear and 1/16" brass bead front sight is a great set.  I added them to my 357mag carbine.

I got the Marble sights at Brownells:
• Front -Marble 45-MR 1/16" Gold Front Sight - Marbles p/n 504521, Brownells' p/n. 579-504-521WB
• Rear- Marble #64 Dovetail Semi-Buckhorn Rear, Short Shank- Brownells' p/n. 579-064-001

Note:  Rossis have a metric dovetail that's a bit wider than an American cut so either you get the metric dovetail (as in the Lyman globe) or you'll need to take a cold chisel and strike a few groves in the bottom of the sight's dovetail edges to spread out the bottom edges a bit so the sights will fit tight (do not strike the dovetail in the barrel).
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like fun, post photos when you can.  I bought a 16" stainless version last year and submitted paperwork to convert it to a SBR.  I'm going to thread it and use a suppressor in the interim though, just got the stamp back for the can yesterday in fact.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the same gun and I love it. One of, if not my absolute favorite gun to shoot. Almost no recoil, and almost silent with regular WWB 130gr ammo.
I'm partial to red dots (can't stand tang sights).

I youtube'd some videos as well, and did the usual stuff to slick it up a bit. Assembly is far trickier than the Glocks and ARs that I'm used to, but if you take your time it's not too bad.

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If the OP bought the Rifle or Short Rifle setup with the octagon barrel, the tang is d&t for the tang sight from the factory.  If he bought the carbine then it's not.  The Marbles tang and Lyman globe front sight is a slick setup, especially when using the target aperture.  I use mine to shoot my 158grn full power 357mag handloads at steel plates at 300yds.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Coloradoglocker/DSCN2840.jpg

Here is what I used on my 24” Rifle. I really like this setup and I hope this information helps:  (Note: in the picture above I'd removed the rear sight, however, I have since added it back.)

• Front - Lyman Globe front sight model 17A - Brownells' p/n. 539-017-444WB (metric dovetail)
• 1ea LeeShaver Insert Set for Lyman 17A combo card – Brownells' p/n. 781-100-017 (I use the small post)
• Or – 1eaMarbles 45MR 1/16” Brass Bead front sight Marbles p/n 604521, Brownells' p/n. 579-604-521WB
• Rear - MarbleFolding Sporting Rear Sight No. 95 - Brownells' p/n. 579-000-082 (you need a folding one so it doesn't block the tang - Note: picture shows a blank filler but I later put the folding sight back on.)
• Tang - MarbleRossi 1892 Peep Tang Sight - Brownells' p/n. 579-009-807WB (made specifically for your Rossi '92) or Lyman No. 2 1892 Peep Tang Sight – Brownells' p/n. 539-050-002WB (Made for Winchester 1892s)
• Screws -Marble Peep Tang Sight Screw Set (Rossi) - Brownells' p/n. 579-000-101WB (Marbles p/n 995002, again, specifically for your Rossi '92)

Note: The Rossi rifles (both 20" short and 24" bbl) are already D&T for the front tang sight screw so all you have to do is screw them on. Use the existing front and rear sight to line the tang sight up, then remove the front sight and use the rear and tang to line the new one up. Finally, remove the rear sight and use the front and tang to line the folding new one up. 

If the OP has the carbine, then a Marbles semi-buckhorn rear and 1/16" brass bead front sight is a great set.  I added them to my 357mag carbine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Coloradoglocker/DSCN2830.jpg

• Front -Marble 45-MR 1/16" Gold Front Sight - Marbles p/n 504521, Brownells' p/n. 579-504-521WB
• Rear- Marble #64 Dovetail Semi-Buckhorn Rear, Short Shank- Brownells' p/n. 579-064-001

Note:  Rossis have a metric dovetail that's a bit wider than an American cut so either you get the metric dovetail (as in the Lyman globe) or you'll need to take a cold chisel and strike a few groves in the bottom of the sight's dovetail edges to spread out the bottom edges a bit so the sights will fit tight (do not strike the dovetail in the barrel).
View Quote

Thank you for that post! You saved me a lot of searching and time!!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have the same gun and I love it. One of, if not my absolute favorite gun to shoot. Almost no recoil, and almost silent with regular WWB 130gr ammo.
I'm partial to red dots (can't stand tang sights).

I youtube'd some videos as well, and did the usual stuff to slick it up a bit. Assembly is far trickier than the Glocks and ARs that I'm used to, but if you take your time it's not too bad.
View Quote

Nice rifle!

Thanks for the heads up, I've worked on a cz75, Baikal 220 sxs shotgun, ar-15's, glocks, cerakote etc...

I watched a few videos and it seems pretty straight forward.

Glad I bought the Rossi instead of the Henry. While the Henry is built nice and can take optics I don't like the loading up front.

I like to tinker and it seems Rossi is a tinkering man's gun!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#11]
You did good OP.  You'll enjoy it!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bought a Marlin 366 years ago. I love it. It is my loaner rifle when a friend wants to try out deer hunting. It's taken a few!
View Quote

Joker1, how old are you?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#13]
This was the setup I was thinking about. I like the idea of keeping the safety towards the rear.

Front Lyman Globe

Rear sight: skinner

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#14]
While the barrel mounted rear sight is fine, you'll lose 2 advantages with the tang.  First, the sight radius increase associated with the tang is huge.  On my rifle, the sight radius is 30" and that helps accuracy a ton.  Second, and more important if you're eyesight isn't allowing you to see the front sight as clearly as you once did, is having a small aperture very close to your eye increases your Depth of Field dramatically.  I've got old eyes, progressive glasses, and astigmatisms but even though I look through the 'far' part of the glasses when sighting, peering through the .042" target aperture allows me to see both the front sight post and target (even 100-300yds away) clearly.  It's the principle behind the fact that with a pin hole camera, everything is in focus.  Something else to consider.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This was the setup I was thinking about. I like the idea of keeping the safety towards the rear.
Front Lyman Globe
http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mnLj71-xKefw0egY_eCJ4bA.jpg
View Quote
Consider a Lee Shaver Insert Set for Lyman 17A combo card – Brownells' p/n. 781-100-017.  The Lyman inserts are very thick and poorly made while the LeeShaver set is much better.

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
While the barrel mounted rear sight is fine, you'll lose 2 advantages with the tang.  First, the sight radius increase associated with the tang is huge.  On my rifle, the sight radius is 30" and that helps accuracy a ton.  Second, and more important if you're eyesight isn't allowing you to see the front sight as clearly as you once did, is having a small aperture very close to your eye increases your Depth of Field dramatically.  I've got old eyes, progressive glasses, and astigmatisms but even though I look through the 'far' part of the glasses when sighting, peering through the .042" target aperture allows me to see both the front sight post and target (even 100-300yds away) clearly.  It's the principle behind the fact that with a pin hole camera, everything is in focus.  Something else to consider.
View Quote

Very Good points!

I'm a middle ground kind of guy. What sight setup would you recommend that is in the middle between fast shooting and long sight radius accuracy?

Basically a jack of all trades sight setup (master of none) that gives me more precision than the stock sights but faster target accusation than the rear tang setup?

Is such a setup possible?

I know Stevesgunz.com has a rear sight you can put over the safety and with the Lyman front globe sight it might be a combo between fast and accurate?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Consider a Lee Shaver Insert Set for Lyman 17A combo card – Brownells' p/n. 781-100-017.  The Lyman inserts are very thick and poorly made while the LeeShaver set is much better.

http://cdn-us-cf2.yottaa.net/53ff2f503c881650e20004c9/www.brownells.com/v~13.71/userdocs/products/p_781100017_1.jpg?yocs=p_&yoloc=us
View Quote

Will do! Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

Buffalo Arms has this Peabody Sight--copy of the old Pacific/Lyman receiver sight--dead sexy, and a little faster than a folding tang sight. This photo is of a 95 Winchester but they make it for all the Winchester Models including the 92.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I saw one of these locally, and if I had had the money, it would have been mine!!!  I really liked it.  
http://www.guns.com/review/gun-review-mossberg-464-spx-tactical-lever-action-30-30-video/
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Here's the rear sight from stevesgunz.com

Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Very Good points!

I'm a middle ground kind of guy. What sight setup would you recommend that is in the middle between fast shooting and long sight radius accuracy?

Basically a jack of all trades sight setup (master of none) that gives me more precision than the stock sights but faster target accusation than the rear tang setup?

I know Stevesgunz.com has a rear sight you can put over the safety and with the Lyman front globe sight it might be a combo between fast and accurate?
View Quote
Red dot.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Red dot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very Good points!

Red dot.

Will cost $100-200 for a smith to drill and tap a mount on the barrel.

I'll go that route when my eyes get worse in the coming years.

If I'm still allowed to own arms in a California.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Might check under the rear sight, likely you have a couple factory holes

Or,use one of these.
scope mount
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Coloradoglocker/DSCN2840.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Coloradoglocker/DSCN2830.jpg

View Quote

Not to derail this thread, but i guess it is along the same lines.

What kind of accuracy do you get from your rifle with the tang sight?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's already drilled and tapped, and the Rossi scope mount is cheap. :)
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh cool. Maybe I'll put an RMR on it.

Finally pick the rifle up this afternoon.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:20:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Not to derail this thread, but i guess it is along the same lines.

What kind of accuracy do you get from your rifle with the tang sight?
View Quote

With a Marbles Standard Tang Sight, Merit Adjustable Aperture, 17AHB front sight and Lee Shaver inserts I get 2.5" five shot groups at 100 yards with both hand loaded 125 gr XTPs and factory loaded Federal 158 gr JSP.  

-----  

I have Rossi 92s in .357 Magnum in both the 24" rifle and a 20" rifle patterns.

The 24" is blued:

The 20" is color case hardened:

Both of them are I set up the same way with a Marbles Standard Tang sight and a Lyman 17AHB front.   The actual adjustment of the rear sights varies a bit with the sight radius but with both the 20" barrel (26" sight radius) and 24" barrel (30" sight radius) the windage and elevation are close enough to .4 MOA that it doesn't make any practical difference.  there is 8 clicks per turn which moves the windage and elevation 3.2" at 100 yards.

I use a "left hand rule" to remember which way to turn the adjustment knob to move the sight in the right direction.  Basically, you hold out your left hand, curl your fingers, stick your thumb to the side point it in the direction you want the rear sight (and the point of impact) to move.  Then turn the windage or elevation knob in the direction your fingers are moving.    

It's the opposite of the "right hand rule" you use with adjustments on scope turrets (except Soviet scopes which use the left hand rule).

The Lee Shaver inserts are much better than the Lyman inserts and are worth getting.  

I also use the Merit #3 and #4 adjustable apertures.  These apertures are finger adjustable from 0.022" to 0.125" in 11 steps and work great to give you the ideal amount of light for optimum depth of field.   The #3 is the "target" and is a bit larger in outside diameter than the #4, which is the "field".

Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can get different aperture sizes from Marbles - .102", .055" and .032", and the larger aperture allows for more field of view for short ranges (and the larger apertures are in 1/2" discs rather than 3/4") and more light in low light conditions.

However, if you don't install any aperture at all, you have a ghost ring rear aperture which is as fast as it gets for short range shooting.

I know they are popular, but frankly, I wouldn't bother with a receiver mounted aperture sight as they offer no upsides compared to a good tang sight and adjustable aperture, and have some sharp downsides in terms of both accuracy and windage and elevation adjustments.  

I also would not recommend a scope or a red dot sight, as they ruin the lines and handling of the rifle.  

A Burris fast Fire three is a *possible* exception. I have one on an Uzi Carbine and it's low profile and quite accurate compared to most red dot sights.   Many of the Rossi 92s have 4 holes already drilled and tapped under the barrel mounted rear sight, so mounting one in place of the rear sight would be fairly simple and low cost.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unfortunately the 92 scope mount was discontinued and is hard to find now.  NOE makes a picatinny rail but it looks pretty tall.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

With a Marbles Standard Tang Sight, Merit Adjustable Aperture, 17AHB front sight and Lee Shaver inserts I get 2.5" five shot groups at 100 yards with both hand loaded 125 gr XTPs and factory loaded Federal 158 gr JSP.  

-----  

I have Rossi 92s in .357 Magnum in both the 24" rifle and a 20" rifle patterns.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h470/SDBB57/Lever%20Action%20Rifles/2724DAFF-F3D6-4EDF-BDFA-223A2FFA3CAF_zpsjhkbfury.jpg

The 24" is blued:

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h470/SDBB57/Lever%20Action%20Rifles/EB8C1761-F8E2-4DA8-BF58-7044CCD0E76B_zpsk6vzp6ja.jpg

The 20" is color case hardened:

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h470/SDBB57/Lever%20Action%20Rifles/6FE0033F-FDFC-4E14-B94D-723FE3D64898_zpsvjfjrbzj.jpg

Both of them are I set up the same way with a Marbles Standard Tang sight and a Lyman 17AHB front.   The actual adjustment of the rear sights varies a bit with the sight radius but with both the 20" barrel (26" sight radius) and 24" barrel (30" sight radius) the windage and elevation are close enough to .4 MOA that it doesn't make any practical difference.  there is 8 clicks per turn which moves the windage and elevation 3.2" at 100 yards.

I use a "left hand rule" to remember which way to turn the adjustment knob to move the sight in the right direction.  Basically, you hold out your left hand, curl your fingers, stick your thumb to the side point it in the direction you want the rear sight (and the point of impact) to move.  Then turn the windage or elevation knob in the direction your fingers are moving.    

It's the opposite of the "right hand rule" you use with adjustments on scope turrets (except Soviet scopes which use the left hand rule).

The Lee Shaver inserts are much better than the Lyman inserts and are worth getting.  

I also use the Merit #3 and #4 adjustable apertures.  These apertures are finger adjustable from 0.022" to 0.125" in 11 steps and work great to give you the ideal amount of light for optimum depth of field.   The #3 is the "target" and is a bit larger in outside diameter than the #4, which is the "field".

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h470/SDBB57/B64FA364-953B-4E73-A9EF-AB3B484ED811_zpscdnhvaao.jpghttp://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h470/SDBB57/1C161582-31E2-4C93-BACF-239F571314B7_zpsvfehduhr.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the post but my Rossi does not have both holes to mount the rear tang sight. You do have some beauts though!

Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#31]
I also noticed the safety never worked so I'll be replacing the safety with the rear sight offered at stevesgunz or just go the red dot method as described  below.

I also noticed in the last few months my eyes are having trouble focusing on front/rear iron sights. Talked to an eye doctor yesterday and she said the muscle that helps you focus in and out starts to go out in your late 30's early 40's and I'm 39 so I just might save the money on irons (eyes won't get better so why waste the money?)and buy a red dot.

I have a Burris fastfire on a ruger 22/45 and I don't shoot .22 often as I try to save it for my kids so maybe use the fastfire II on my Rossi?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Update pic in OP.

Looks like the chamber is oversized.

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Update pic in OP.

Looks like the chamber is oversized.
View Quote

Send it, and one of the spent pieces of brass to the factory.  Stuff happens.  If they make good, no harm, now foul.

Things like this are why I will only buy American made firearms.  No hassles dealing with an importer.  Likely all an importer can do is send you another rifle.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Send it, and one of the spent pieces of brass to the factory.  Stuff happens.  If they make good, no harm, now foul.

Things like this are why I will only buy American made firearms.  No hassles dealing with an importer.  Likely all an importer can do is send you another rifle.
View Quote

I sent it back yesterday. Rossi does work on stuff at their Miami HQ.

As long as they make it right I'm a happy camper.

I agree on Made IN USA but for lever actions it's slim pickings. I could have chanced it with a Remlin but I know their QC is worse and they do not have a lever action in 357mag.

I loved the Henry Big Boy Steel but I deteste the front loading. Especially with kids I don't like putting my hand over or around the muzzle to unload the gun.

So I took a chance, lost round 1, hopefully Rossi will make it right then I'll be content.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Unfortunately the 92 scope mount was discontinued and is hard to find now.  NOE makes a picatinny rail but it looks pretty tall.
View Quote

Bought mine from Rossi a few months ago...  
http://www.rossiusa.com/accessories-scope.cfm
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bought mine from Rossi on Sunday, will arrive tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:30:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Rifle was fixed and is being shipped back today or tomorrow.

Notes says the barrel was swapped out.

Hope they headspace it.

It arrived March 1st to Rossi. So about a 4 week turnaround.

Unless they broke something else.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Ah... you had the really rare .39spl/.367mag chambering.  Super rare. And you sent it back to be rebarreled in some common caliber...

Hopefully they got you sorted... my BIL bought one and after a quick in-home action job it slicked up nicely and is actually a pretty nice gun.  I have an old Marlin and his is just as accurate and almost as slick after a few years of wear.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Ah... you had the really rare .39spl/.367mag chambering.  Super rare. And you sent it back to be rebarreled in some common caliber...

Hopefully they got you sorted... my BIL bought one and after a quick in-home action job it slicked up nicely and is actually a pretty nice gun.  I have an old Marlin and his is just as accurate and almost as slick after a few years of wear.
View Quote
Received the gun yesterday. Chambered dummy 38spl and 357 mag rounds with no problems.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Update in OP. Got rifle back, gun shoots great! All is well.

Great day today....

Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:17:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Good to hear Rossi stepped up and fixed the issue!! Fun little rifles when right
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Nice to hear Rossi made everything right. Now I just have to find a dealer who has one in stock.

Beautiful range! Santa Ynez Valley?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Nice to hear Rossi made everything right. Now I just have to find a dealer who has one in stock.

Beautiful range! Santa Ynez Valley?
View Quote
Not a range, BLM.

Shooting ranges are scary.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Bought mine from Rossi on Sunday, will arrive tomorrow.
View Quote
Good to know, I should say it WAS discontinued as of several months ago but guess they brought it back due to demand.  Always good to know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top