Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2017 7:26:09 PM EDT
Anybody seen one?  Distributors are full of them, all 20 inch octagonal barrels in 44 and 45.  Looks like they have the same pressed checkering as the existing 44 model.  Are they the same except for the barrel profile?
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a regular 1894 around 2 yrs ago when everybody warned they were horrible in looks and performance.  Mine works and looks great and the only problem is one of the scope mount plug screws was cross threaded when it was installed.  Clearly a human error and not indicative of an inherently bad production process.  

I find it hard to believe that they jam "more often than not".  How can any company not know that something fails more than 50% of the time?

I guess that's the long way of saying I'm skeptical of many things I read online.  Still haven't found anybody with a first hand opinion of the new Cowboys.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw one of the new Cowboys today.  Wood fitment was very poor.  The metal fit-finish was nice.  The bolt face is indeed flat now(on Cowboys and regular 1894).  

It was marked $890 while a non-cowboy was marked $620.  The non-cowboy wood fitment was much better.  Definately not worth the $270 premium - you can get a jm cowboy for the same or less than a new cowboy.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Lest I bad mouth Remington, I saw another new cowboy today.  It was cosmetically perfect, even the wood fitting was as good as I've seen on any JM rifle.  

So it appears there are Monday guns and Wednesday guns.  Don't buy a new one sight unseen!
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 2 45-70 CB's, an 45 LC CB, and a 44Mag CB, all JM's . The action is what I care about, and the actions are flawless.

Got a good deal on a remlin 45-70 for my son (not a CB), and the action is junk. In the shop now getting reworked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top