Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2016 8:45:04 PM EDT
I have a Marlin 336 30/30 with an Ashley outdoors forward scope mount installed. I currently have a red dot mounted. I will be going hunting for hogs next month and want a low magnification scope. I am looking for something cheap not looking to spend alot .

Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Burris makes a decent scout scope that isn't too expensive. You may be able to get away with a pistol scope, depending on how long the eye relief is.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 5:47:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Vortex makes a Crossfire II 2-7 mag scout scope.  Probably the cheapest you'll find a scout scope unless you find something used at a great deal.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#3]
A weaver rail is  $10 and is fine for what you are doing
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I put a cheapy Barska on a .22 lr AR.  Works pretty good, but I'm not sure how well they stand up to recoil.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Leatherwood is around 160.00 or so. I have one on a Ruger GSR and like it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Vortex makes a Crossfire II 2-7 mag scout scope.  Probably the cheapest you'll find a scout scope unless you find something used at a great deal.
View Quote
I got my hands on one the other day, good glass, the only thing is the eye relief is way long. It looks like it might be to much for the XS rail.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top