Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2016 9:42:54 AM EDT
I am getting a Rossi 92 .44 and I want to mount a sling.

It seems that Allen makes a swivel for levers that attaches to the tube in black, but I cant find one in Stainless.
https://byallen.com/product/sling-swivel-mounting-hardware-for-lever-action-rifles/

Does anyone know where i can find one?  

Bonus question, what is the OD of the Rossi 92 .44 tube?

Thanks crew!
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Both Uncle Mike's and GrovTec make barrel band swivel sets for the Rossi 92 but neither makes a stainless set. GrovTec makes satin nickle swivels though. I'd giv GrovTec a call and see if they'll plate the clamp for you, they are a great company.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the Uncle Mikes suggestion.  They do have the swivels and studs in SS.

The only thing i cant find is a band or clamp in SS.  My Gun OCD is kicking in now, so I'm toying with a few options,

1. I have a sand blaster cabinet i use on automotice parts. Maybe I will get a black tube clamp and sand it to metal, then coat it.

2. Drill and tap the rifle band and put in a stud.

3. Use a leather wrap on the barrel and attach there.

4. Put on a buttstock slip and use a barrel wrap style sling.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top