Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2016 8:58:09 PM EDT
Took my 1983 94 Trapper in .30-30 and added a Williams rear sight into the provided self tapped holes and put a tall XS Big Dot front blade on it as well. Super fast now and makes pretty nice groups POA/POI at 50 m.  Did I need to? No but I can put it back the way it was with no problem.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#1]
XS sights on mine, front and rear, plus a short section of Picatinny rail that fits in the original rear sight dovetail.  It's a pleasure to carry around through the woods when you need 'something' but won't want to be overburdened.
Right now, the rail is carrying a TRS-25 red dot.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:10:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I put a Marbles windage and elevation adjustable tang sight  on my 1954 vintage Model 94 Win. years ago. Made a significant improvement in accuracy due to the peep and longer sight radius. Using handloads and the Leverevolution ammo it is possible to consistently put a magazine full into a 6 inch pot pie tin out to 175-200 yards. From sandbags mind you. I can't do it with every round offhand, but enough to be dependable for my hunting needs and distances. Love tang and receiver mounted peep sights. I do believe you will like the set up OP.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 6:43:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I put a Skinner aperture rear sight on my 94 trapper in .45 LC and it will cut the x-ring out of a SR-1 target at 50 yards. I didn't have to change the front sight.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently ran some 357 rounds thru my 94 with predicted results - 4 MOA with decent ammo. Is my lever action a tack driver, nope.  Will it kill what I want - yep.  38spl is a challenge to get the dopes given the huge velocity gap. But once you get the math worked out its fun to play with

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top