Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2016 7:18:39 PM EDT
I'm looking for recommendations for a good reading/reference book on the Winchester lever action rifles. Not just the '94, all of them.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The Winchester Book by George Madis has a chapter about each model up into the early model 70's. Lots of pictures of some great Winchesters including the custom orders for each model. Each chapter also contains serial # info on the model it covers.

Winchester The Gun that Won the West by HaroldF. Williamson covers more of the history of the company than the specific models but includes a lot of into on other early Winchester products up through the 1950's.

The copies I have are both older books. The second book first went to print in 1952, while my copy of the first book was printed in 1961. They were both passed down to me through the family so I dont know if you can even find them anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top