Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2016 3:40:36 PM EDT
Can the cross bolt safety be safely/easily removed from the Marlin 336C ?  Does anyone make components to close the holes which will remain?
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#1]
https://beartoothmercantile-2.myshopify.com/collections/safety-deletes

Or you can remove the buttstock and tighten the set screw that holds the safety in place.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Too late.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#3]
The one from Beartooth is very easy to install and looks just like factory screw heads on both sides.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 1:50:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Look around and you can find a replacement that works as a saddle ring.  There are some that replace it with a pin, but they kind of look funky.
This is the one I use.
https://beartoothmercantile-2.myshopify.com/products/saddle-ring-safety-delete
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't understand all the hate for the safety.  I just leave it off while hunting and its like not having one at all.   I have two Marlins with it and even though my old Marlins didn't have it I got over it pretty quick.  I actually like it for decocking.  Helps prevent a boom if the hammer should slip when letting it down.  Just my humble option.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't understand all the hate for the safety.  I just leave it off while hunting and its like not having one at all.   I have two Marlins with it and even though my old Marlins didn't have it I got over it pretty quick.  I actually like it for decocking.  Helps prevent a boom if the hammer should slip when letting it down.  Just my humble option.
View Quote

When you click a trigger on a deer with no bang and rerealize why is it there in the first place. Like a safety on a single action only revolver, pointless except for feel good no nothing liberal gun grabbers to say they require more safety.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I forget the size now as it's been awhile but you can put a rubber O ring in around the safety when it's in the fire position, it locks into the red groove. It prevents the safety from being engaged but is quickly removable if you need it in the field for some reason or for resale.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought like 100 of the O-rings and will send you some if that's is the direction you wanna' go. It works well for me. IM if you want some rings.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#9]
+3 on o-ring
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Fellas, what size o ring? I'll measure my safety as well.  Thanks for the idea!
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#11]
The best fit I have found so far is 7/32 Inch I.D. x 11/32 Inch O.D. x 1/16 Inch Thick. When you put the o ring on it will stuck up a bit in the back. There isn't enough room between the safety and the frame for the o ring to go all the way down. It works fine, though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#12]
The o-ring for this application, a number 009 measures 1/16th inch wide with an inside diameter of 7/32” and an outside diameter of 11/32”
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:19:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top