Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2016 6:48:02 PM EDT
What do you all think?
Looks like I can pick up a basic blued one for $325.  What are the receivers made from?
  They feel solid and look like they could be a ton of fun. I just don't know anyone with first had experience .
I already have 7 different .22 rifles just none in a lever platform
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a goldenboy youth, love it. Accurate, fun, easy to use, and just really damned nice!
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice rifles. I have a pair of them and I love them.      
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Small Game carbine in.22 and it's insanely accurate and addicting. It's like a magic wand with the factory skinner sight.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What do you all think?
Looks like I can pick up a basic blued one for $325.  What are the receivers made from?
  They feel solid and look like they could be a ton of fun. I just don't know anyone with first had experience .
I already have 7 different .22 rifles just none in a lever platform
View Quote

Nice rifles. Smooth and solid.  I have the octagon barrel frontier model in .22LRRF.

What are the receivers made from on the rim-fire models?  Well, technically the actual serialized receiver is made from steel, but what you see that looks like the receiver is Zamak zinc alloy cover plates.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#5]
My dad has a Henry .22 and everyone in the family loves it.

Don't even need hearing protection
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#6]
own one.. never heard anyone have a bad experience.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:00:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
own one.. never heard anyone have a bad experience.
View Quote

Likewise, able to shoot 22 shorts make's it more fun.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I've thought about getting a Henry 17 magnum (HMR).
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#9]
H001Y - youth model - love it
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Fun gun, smooth, and easy to customize.  Use to be cheap to shoot, however, with scalpers hogging the 22lr ammo mine is a safe queen.

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#11]
That's a nice one Steve
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, I've had it since early 2009 and by 2010 it looked just like the picture.  It's smooth and reliable and these days I use it mostly for new shooters and women shooters who want a bit of the 'old west' feel.  It's a good platform to teach them to fully cycle the action to ensure proper feeding.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#13]
The Browning BL-22 is only a bit more and is a much finer product, all steel, finely finished, and not a single plastic part on it.  I would save a bit more lunch money and go with the Browning.  

Yes, I owned a Henry for a while and they are pretty decent shooters.  They are made of pot metal and have plastic parts.  Henry makes replacement pot metal parts for the plastic parts.  One would think they would just install them, rather than selling them separately.  I gave the Henry to a family member.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a Henry Frontier that I put brasslite parts and Skinner sights on.  Nice little .22, but my Marlin 39A is a much better rifle.

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Browning BL-22 is only a bit more and is a much finer product, all steel, finely finished, and not a single plastic part on it.  I would save a bit more lunch money and go with the Browning.  

http://i65.tinypic.com/6hqrv8.jpg

Yes, I owned a Henry for a while and they are pretty decent shooters.  They are made of pot metal and have plastic parts.  Henry makes replacement pot metal parts for the plastic parts.  One would think they would just install them, rather than selling them separately.  I gave the Henry to a family member.

View Quote

Yes, the Browning BL-22 is nice, however, at more than twice the price many of us will stay with the Henry.  An H001 is $285 from Bud's while they sell a BL-22 for $593.  A beautiful little carbine, however, it almost makes the Browning almost too nice to shoot.

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#16]
The Browning is nice and id go that route if I found the right deal.
I will have to think about it with the price being twice as high for the BL22.
It's good to see the positive reviews on the Henery even though I don't care for the cheaper parts.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I have no experience with the Henry rimfires but I love their centerfires and have 3.

If you get a Browning, consider a maple one.  Blondes have more fun.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top