Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2016 2:06:00 AM EDT
I have an M92 in 45LC on the way and want to replace the safety with the peep sight from Stevez gunz (sp?). My question for any who may have tried it is will it work with the bead on a 16" barrel or will i need a taller front sight as well?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 4:59:43 AM EDT
[#1]
It's adjustable.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:23:01 AM EDT
[#2]
A taller front sight was necessary on my 20" .357 Mag.  Rear sight was bottomed out and it was still shooting 4" high at 25 yards.  The taller front sight fixed the issue.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A taller front sight was necessary on my 20" .357 Mag.  Rear sight was bottomed out and it was still shooting 4" high at 25 yards.  The taller front sight fixed the issue.
View Quote

same problem I had with my 20in 44 mag.  taller sight fixed it..
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I've read that these are loose fitting, how are you guys fixing this issue.

I'm thinking about getting one for my 16" carbine just to increase the sight radius 5-6"
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:28:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm thinking about getting one for my 16" carbine just to increase the sight radius 5-6"
View Quote

I turned the cylindrical housing for the sight assembly around and used a triangle file to cut a shallower notch higher on the sight where the pin holds it in.  No more sloppy fit.  The instructions are on the website that sells them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 3:22:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

Do it you won't be sorry.  I tightened mine by turning it and redrilling.  Forgot the bit size sorry.  Snug as a bug now and very accurate.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top