Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2015 2:27:53 PM EDT
Now I need to mount a light.  Any suggestions?
I'm thinking about shimming a pair of Magpul rails between the barrel and mag tube in front of the forend.  On on each side with a bit of plastic removed to contour the tubes.   I did this on my Mossberg 500 and it worked well.  Just used two random nuts and bolts to hold them.

My concern with this is the mag tube maybe jumping forward or pinching somehow.

Screw a short rail to the forend?

The sling.  I like side mounts so it sits flat across my back when hiking .  I have some grovtech qd cups I may use. Or go with a Proctor WOTG sling

Also any suggestions  would be great.

Getting the standardI'm going to get a Rossi 357 16in   carbine

Why would I want the large loop over the regular size?  Or wouldn't.

Other than looks. Is it "better
"?

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the large loop is a fad for costumed shooters who wear sequined gloves while shooting wax-globs out of stage props.

If you think you NEED a large loop because you usually will be shooting the rifle while wearing gloves, then it is a practical upgrade.

Otherwise, it is obtrusive, and it looks clownish.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with the previous post.

My dad has that same carbine, small loop.  After doing a complete polish on the trigger & lever parts, the action is much better than the gritty factory.  If you like tinkering with things, it's a good gun to make work better.  You'll find videos on y00t00b.  

I also bought him a long eye relief scope to put on it.  Helps him out with his older-than-mine eyeballs.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#3]
That's what I was figuring.  

I do like tinkering so it'll be a fun time
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#4]
You can get both levers you know.

Switch them in and out as your mood suits you.

One screw is involved.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the normal lever, but it's strictly subjective personal preference.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#6]
The oversized large loop on Winchesters is for looks and is a pain to work. The standard loop is my preference.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the standard loop on mine. FWIW, I think it looks better.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:26:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies

Standard loop on the way.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top