Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2015 10:08:21 AM EDT
I picked one of these up in a trade and the trigger is very odd.  Super light break brings the hammer to 3/4  a hard trigger pull brings it all the way down.  I know this cannot be right anyone point me in a direction to start with this thing before I send it in?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I picked one of these up in a trade and the trigger is very odd.  Super light break brings the hammer to 3/4  a hard trigger pull brings it all the way down.  I know this cannot be right anyone point me in a direction to start with this thing before I send it in?
View Quote

What exactly are you trying to say?

Either way, someone may have slicked it up for cowboy action which is where'd I'd take it:  a CAS tuner.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 3:39:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does he mean it is a two stage trigger, with a very light first stage and a stiff second stage?  The quality of a trigger is usually measured by the crispness of the break (lack of creep), not by the trigger pull weight.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:06:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does he mean it is a two stage trigger, with a very light first stage and a stiff second stage?  The quality of a trigger is usually measured by the crispness of the break (lack of creep), not by the trigger pull weight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think so...which is what makes me think it might have a CAS mod.

Waiting for clarification from OP.....
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:00:37 AM EDT
[#4]
What he means is that if he squeezes the trigger lightly, the hammer drops but is caught in the half-cock notch. If he pulls the trigger hard, it clears the notch. That is how I understand it.

I wouldn't even mess with it. Triggers are something that you need to know what you are doing to mess with. If the geometry has been changed by someone, or the trigger or sear broken, or if it came wrong from the factory, any of the three have one good solution unless you really know those particular triggers; send it to Henry and they will fix it. They have a very good reputation for this sort of stuff.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:38:19 AM EDT
[#5]
No its not a two stage if I lightly touch the trigger it drops the hammer but it gets caught at the 3/4 mark and I then have to re-cock it and give it a hard short pull.  Makes shooting it accurately impossible, sorry for the confusion. If the hammer came all the way down it would be a great trigger very light with a clean break but the stupid thing doesn't go home.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No its not a two stage if I lightly touch the trigger it drops the hammer but it gets caught at the 3/4 mark and I then have to re-cock it and give it a hard short pull.  Makes shooting it accurately impossible, sorry for the confusion. If the hammer came all the way down it would be a great trigger very light with a clean break but the stupid thing doesn't go home.
View Quote

Something is wrong with it as there is no way that it was set up that way on purpose.

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I just checked both of my Henry's...and neither ones trigger is remotely close to that...and has been pointed out...sumting wong.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup, my Henry's have normal triggers (very good triggers) so it's time to call Tony.  Henry has excellent customer service, give them a call.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Lots of Cowboy Levergun gunsmiths is Az.....let them look at it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 2:47:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Something is wrong with it as there is no way that it was set up that way on purpose.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Lots of Cowboy Levergun gunsmiths is Az.....let them look at it.

Yep and yep.

Git 'er fixed!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top