Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2015 3:16:31 PM EDT
I've got a Marlin 1894p from 2001 in great condition.  About 200 rounds through it, and just one small mark from the bolt on my safe on the forearm.  Still have the box and everything that came with it.  Great little gun, but I never shoot it, and don't really have a need for it.  

I see them going for $900+ on Gunbroker.  What would you do with it?  Do you think it will go up in value significantly as the years go on, or has it generally topped out in value?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:41:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Are they actually selling for that much or are they just getting listed and then the auction expires?

I bought mine used in like new condition less than ten years ago for $350.  It's a hell of a fun gun.  I shoot the shit out of it every chance I get.  It's honestly one of my favorites.  Probably one of the last guns I'd ever get rid of.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Most of the marlins that are getting the higher prices are the SS (stainless steel) in some calibers. 44mag SS marlins are selling for over $1,000, and good luck with a .357mag. The older real marlins will hold their value because of their quality.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#3]
check out Marlin Owners forum to get an idea what it's worth. You could list it on the classified section also, but you need 25 posts to use the feature.

ETA. there is a guy on Marlin Owners that is looking for a 1894p.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies guys.

gunner - You would think I'd be smart enough to look for a Marlin forum, guess not.    Found some good threads, looks like most agree that $900 is a buy price for sure.  Reading all the comments kind of makes me want to hang onto it though.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies guys.

gunner - You would think I'd be smart enough to look for a Marlin forum, guess not.    Found some good threads, looks like most agree that $900 is a buy price for sure. Reading all the comments kind of makes me want to hang onto it though.  
View Quote

If you don't need the money I'd probably hang on to it since they aren't making them anymore(at least the "real" Marlins). I had 7 JM Marlins last year and ended up selling 5 of them to fund other gun purchases. I figured since I can't hunt with them in my home state and the prices were where I could make a little money on them why not get rid of a few. Now I regret getting rid of a couple of them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#6]
what caliber is the 1894P?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#7]
.44 Mag
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Marlin 1894P and 1894M would be keepers in my book...
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Keep that gun!
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow a 1894p, I don't get over here much, mostly on Marlin Owners, that is very hard to come by rifle sir. Absolutly worth $900+, they ain't making them anymore and will likely never again make them. I would hang on to it as the price will only go up now. If you really want to sell it Gunbroker would be the best place to get top dollar for it. Good luck  with that fine rifle!
JB
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought one on GB for $925 iirc about 6 weeks ago. It's mint and in 357. JM marked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top