Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2015 8:15:33 PM EDT
I inherited a beautiful Winchester 94 30-30, it has some of the prettiest stocks I have ever seen.  Although it is pretty, I simply don't have room in the safe for it, and it just isn't my speed.  I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good site where I might be able to move it?  Tried googling but no luck, just a bunch of collector websites.  Don't want to deal with that BS.  It is engraved, has a long octagonal barrel, and a gold covered loading shelf.  Don't know anything about these lever guns.  Thanks for any assistance
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunbroker.com maybe.

What is the first 2 digits of the serial number an we can tell you when it was made.  Year manufactured has a big impact on value.  Pictures?

You could just IM me what you want to get for it.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Armslist.com
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#3]
That was a fishing trip post for sure.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]
stop.

just stop.

buy another damn safe../thread
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 3:09:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Your route of selling should be based on the guns value.  A pre-64 as you described would be best gone through a collectors auction or someplace befitting it's value.  An average late model special edition, you could go just about any route.  If you don't know the different 94's and values I would have it appraised to see what it's worth before doing anything.  If it's a pre-64 or other valuable model you would do well to make room for it in your safe.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I inherited a beautiful Winchester 94 30-30, it has some of the prettiest stocks I have ever seen.  Although it is pretty, I simply don't have room in the safe for it, and it just isn't my speed.  I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good site where I might be able to move it?  Tried googling but no luck, just a bunch of collector websites.  Don't want to deal with that BS.  It is engraved, has a long octagonal barrel, and a gold covered loading shelf.  Don't know anything about these lever guns.  Thanks for any assistance
View Quote

Generally speaking Winchester was not known to put all that nice of wood on most of it's rifles unless they were special ordered, even on most of their commemoratives.

If it is a special ordered Pre-64, then it's worth a lot of money.  If it is a post 63 commemorative model of some type then it's probably not worth all that much.  Winchester went into a period where they made boat loads of commemorative models, and most of them had fairly high production numbers which meant none of them ever became all that collectible, selling for roughly the modern day equivalent of whatever they sold for originally, adjusted for inflation, holding their actual value but not really appreciating much faster than inflation.

If you post a picture of it and provide a serial number (you can substitute "XX" for the last two digits, I can probably help you figure out what it is and what it might be worth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top