Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2014 6:59:16 PM EDT
This doesn't really bother me, but more of a curiousity. Do those who have a rossi 92 notice their lever doesn't sit perfectly flat when closed like below? Or is that just mine? I can't complain about the gun seems to feed everything I got so far and the action is as smooth as my Henry big boy.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine closes a bit more than that.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine sits a bit deeper in the receiver than that.

Especially compared to an Armi Sport Model 1892.

In general, the fit and finish is much finer on the Armi Sport, but then it's a more expensive rifle as well.

Edit: sorry I misinterpreted the picture and focused on the gate, not the lever.

It's the same story though. The Armi Sport lever fits snug against the lower tang, while the Rossi comes to rest 3/16" away, and even when pulled tight is still an 1/8" away from the tang.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#3]
My Stainless Rossi 92 is the same way.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Same as mine or Dakota's gun?

Just seems odd it's not parallel to the stock. I don't expect it to sit flat against the stock.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#5]
have you stripped her down flushed her and tuned her at all? that is usaully evidence of a lever slightly bent or foreign matter in the action? Also if you have more issues that are of importance checkout rossi rifleman forums it has na full group of dedicated rossi lovers to aid you. If she functions then I would not be worried she is just slightly offset lever.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Neither of my Rossi M92 carbine's levers lay against the lower tang when closed...although they do lay fairly even and parallel....My genuine Winchester M1892 from like 1909 doesn't lay parallel to the tang either..it touches at the front when closed..but is about the same distance off the tang at the back as the Rossis.

My Browning 1886 saddle-ring carbine's lever lays perfectly against the lower tang
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Both my Rossis are about 3/16" away at rest, however, they do have play so that when I squeeze the lever prior to firing, the levers snug up really close to the tang. I think that it's a function of the type of action and why a number of models (1873, modern 1894, and Mossberg 464 that I know of) each have a lever safety that requires that you squeeze the lever closed to disengage it to allow it to fire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top