Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2014 10:15:57 PM EDT
Cleaning out my Dad's basement....found a NIB Marlin 1894SS 20" 44mag, stainless obviously.  Its a cross bolt safey rifle, but JM proofed.  He has had it about 7 years or so, bought two and shot one, was saving this one for a gift and never got around to it.  Any ideas on value so I can list it fairly??
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I've seen, I'd say $800 $700 or so, but that's local to me...

Edit: Hit the wrong number. Those go for about $700 at my LGS.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:55:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Try more like a grand and better.Go to Marlinowners.com and list for sale,someone will snatch that right up.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:13:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try more like a grand and better.Go to Marlinowners.com and list for sale,someone will snatch that right up.
View Quote

The 357 caliber is a lot more popular as the .44 has spotty accuracy ,   but yeah,  try a g-note --------  doesnt sound like you need to sell it to make your next car payment , so sit on it until someone pays the price

---- Its a late model gun, i'd shoot it first ---  your not going to hurt the value any - its just a MArlin,  ----  but have some fun with it and maybe you have a good one , accuracy wise, that is a keeper --

Why are you selling your dad's guns anyway?  Why dont you keep them? ----  Even at a grand, there's not a lot of meat on the bone for basically new , commodity grade Marlins --- if your not a lever action guy, spend some time with it and see what your missing out on
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:15:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the same model, it's a blast to shoot. I'd keep it!
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have that same gun (mine's stainless, too).  Wouldn't part with it for less than 1K.  I have not seen one for many yrs around my parts.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#6]
NIB with all docs and nice wood will bring a premium. Check marlin owners.com for price. I think listed on gunbroker, it could easily sell for $1000+
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top