Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 1:46:52 PM EDT
Yeah, I'm being a smart ass, however I see many that are considering paying huge sums to get a slightly custom lever gun. Most of which is labor cost to have someone else replace parts. This is one of many I have done on my own and on my bench for just the cost of the parts.  This included glass bedding the fiberglass stock, action job, trigger job and converting to pistol grip before their was such as thing as an SBL. Stock was sprayed with bed liner and REALLY lightened up the gun.   The factory laminate looks great but is heavy as hell. It took me a few weekends of fitting and glass bedding but it turned out great. The only thing I outsourced was the cutting of the barrel and target crown. I simply don't have the tools and didn't want to invest in them. I primarily use this gun on Michigan bear.  I wasn't trying to go for the tacticool look if thats what your thinking as everything has a purpose. The rail on the forearm is for a M3X rifle light (a lot of bears here) and the top is for a C-more.  I liked the WWG light mount but not going to pay $65 so I made my own for $1.50. This one is light, short and makes a great tree stand gun. The best part is this is something anyone can do.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty slick.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Sexy
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:18:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice looking rig OP.  What length is the barrel?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice looking rig OP.  What length is the barrel?
View Quote

16.5 in with recessed target crown. It groups better than factory now
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks great
Who made the furniture? With the lighter weight how is the recoil with hevy loads?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Stock was made by MPI.  Is was a little thin by the wrist so I built it up a bit with some glass compound.  It dropped roughly albs from the gun.  I shoot some pretty heavy loads with it and comfort is very nice.  It handles a lot faster now in my opinion
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top