Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2017 1:28:55 AM EDT
I'm looking to buy a 40(ish) capacity RSC.  I'd like to stick to around 1000, though I can go higher if need be.  Less is better.  While I'd love to be able to drop 6k on a safe, I can't. 

It will go in my basement, in the old coal room.  Which means it will abut a brick wall on two sides, with a bit of space next to it, and then another brick wall.  I typically then have the wooden door to the room locked, though not always.  I will bolt the safe down.  So at least my cheap RSC is in a pretty good location.  

I'm interested in keeping my kids out, and keeping the casual dirtbag out.  It would be great to be able to keep determined attackers out for days, but that's not going to happen close to my budget.  Fire protection is not a huge concern.   

What should I be looking at?  What should I not be looking at?  What input do you guys have for me?  I didn't see any threads that were like mine, nor did I see anything in the stickied threads, so if I missed something, please feel free to send me links.

Thank you,
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I am waiting on a signing bonus fro my new job, then I am gonna buy me a new safe.  Strongly considering the Field and Stream 36+6 safe that they sell at their stores.  They are regularly on sale for $699 and occasionally for $599
Check it out
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:14:54 PM EDT
[#2]
For $1000, you could build a very nice closet of 2x6 with double lined x-rated 5/8" drywall and a steel firedoor with a good lock-bolt. $1000 is not going to get you into a nice RSC IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top