Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2017 6:20:42 PM EDT
Have a mixture of legit Hikvision cameras, "unbranded" Hikvision cameras, RLC-411s and 410s (mixture of 3 firmware versions - no difference) on Dahua NVR. Only the Reolink cams have this issue. Live full screen view takes 20+ sec to display. Sometimes doesn't show at all; just black screen. All cams are set for 1080P@15FPS, ~3Mbit stream. Hiks go full screen and back instantly. Onvif connection for all. I've dropped Reolinks to 720P, and it's sped things up. But they still lag. When connected to the Reolink Windows client, everything is smooth and quick even at 1080P@30fps. Definitely an issue between Reolink and Dahua. Any pointers?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#1]
This is one of the downsides to the Reolink that I have heard of. In the past (2+ years ago) when I research them, you could only use Reolink Cameras with the Reolink NVR, it seems now that you can use them with other NVRs, but you have this problem with the lag. Doesn't look like much can be done now, hopefully in the future they get better with other NVRs, but I think now you'll have to deal with it, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#2]
This sucks. They don't even offer a solution for 3+ hard drives and 16+ channels. And I'm not about to build a NAS and source a workstation for PC NVR :/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top