Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2017 8:40:15 PM EDT
These are on sale on Amazon through July 18. Went ahead and grabbed the 16 channel/8 camera package for $799 to upgrade from my Q-See system. Looking forward to seeing how much better this system is.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything looks like the same price to me, what's the trick?

I would like the 4 camera with the system. It is still listed as 550.00.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I paid $299 or $399 for my 4 cam system on sale on Amazon. Would buy it again, even at full price.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I paid $299 or $399 for my 4 cam system on sale on Amazon. Would buy it again, even at full price.
View Quote
Lightning deal was $400 a while back for the 8ch/4cam system. couldnt be happier with mine. Highly recommend 
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 6:17:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Round 1 is through July 18th. Only specific set of items is on sale Round 1. No idea what Round 2 will hold. Check their facebook to see the ad.

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got the same email and came here to post the same thing as OP...

AMAZON 20% LINK

Is this the system that everyone here recommends?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 12:21:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just got the same email and came here to post the same thing as OP...

AMAZON 20% LINK

Is this the system that everyone here recommends?
View Quote
I love mine. Would buy again. Software is easy.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Funny story..... 

I bought the 8 camera system on July 1st at the full price of $999. They arrived on the 3rd. I quickly looked into the main box and made sure all the components were there and put it away. On the 4th I got the sale notice 

I called Amazon to see if I could get the item price adjusted or what their policy was. The lady said, what they do is return the higher priced item for a full refund and then I buy the sale priced one for cheaper. There are free returns and shipping with prime.  I told her i'd like to keep the system I got but she said the only way to get the sale price is to return the old system for a new one. She said it's how they work and they do it all the time.

The lady created and completed the return right then, emailed me a return label and even scheduled UPS to pick it up. Now I'm waiting on my new sale priced cameras to arrive tomorrow. I'm not sure how that makes sense to anyone, but I ended up saving $200 on the system. 
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:46:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Amazon had the deal for the 8 channel and 4 bullets for $439 3 weeks ago.  I purchased and installed in my house.  Pretty impressive and very simple setup.  Very happy with it so far.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:46:45 PM EDT
[#9]
How well does this perform at night time?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 3:16:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered the 8 camera system.

Anyone that's familiar with running these help me with a question??

I had CAT5e wires ran when I built my house.  I want to use these cameras.  Can I simply wire up the RG45 plugs to the CAT5 wiring and it be plug and play just as if I had used the wires they supplied?

Or do I need other types of connectors?  Hoping it's as simple as connecting the CAT5 wire to those little connectors so I can plug it in and go!
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I ordered the 8 camera system.

Anyone that's familiar with running these help me with a question??

I had CAT5e wires ran when I built my house.  I want to use these cameras.  Can I simply wire up the RG45 plugs to the CAT5 wiring and it be plug and play just as if I had used the wires they supplied?

Or do I need other types of connectors?  Hoping it's as simple as connecting the CAT5 wire to those little connectors so I can plug it in and go!
View Quote
Yep just wire it like you would a normal straight thru CAT5 cable.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Round 1 is through July 18th. Only specific set of items is on sale Round 1. No idea what Round 2 will hold. Check their facebook to see the ad.
View Quote
I'm waiting for their ptz cameras to go on sale again. They were 199 during their big sale last year.

I may grab some more bullet cams at $59 though. That's a great deal.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:28:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Amazon has it on sale for $439.99 now.

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#14]
So im in the market for the 4 camera set as well....  

Can anyone tell me if there is any pluses or minuses to these sets?   This 4 camera set is $439, and the 4 camera set with 2 of them dome style cameras is $549...  Are the Domes better?  or are you just paying extra because they're smaller?

Reolink Option 1

ReoLink Option 2
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Can anyone tell me if there is any pluses or minuses to these sets?   This 4 camera set is $439, and the 4 camera set with 2 of them dome style cameras is $549...  Are the Domes better?  or are you just paying extra because they're smaller?

Reolink Option 1
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81uI5Avs%2BBL._SL1500_.jpg

ReoLink Option 2
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71lNtgzsWuL._SL1500_.jpg
View Quote
From a purely stats standpoint, the domes are actually slightly worse in night vision range. Otherwise, both cameras are identical stats-wise. I personally wouldn't pay $110 more for domes, I did an all bullet system, and unless you are specifically scoping out my house, you wouldn't notice the bullet cameras. They're not small, but they're discreet enough.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Reolink Option 1
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81uI5Avs%2BBL._SL1500_.jpg

ReoLink Option 2
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71lNtgzsWuL._SL1500_.jpg
View Quote
I have their bullets and domes. I like the bullets better for outdoor use.  I use them domes to cover my porch/door and they are fine for that but the bullets have much better night vision. I would post some pics but photofucket. I have added a couple cams and all have been bullets. 
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
From a purely stats standpoint, the domes are actually slightly worse in night vision range. Otherwise, both cameras are identical stats-wise. I personally wouldn't pay $110 more for domes, I did an all bullet system, and unless you are specifically scoping out my house, you wouldn't notice the bullet cameras. They're not small, but they're discreet enough.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have their bullets and domes. I like the bullets better for outdoor use.  I use them domes to cover my porch/door and they are fine for that but the bullets have much better night vision. I would post some pics but photofucket. I have added a couple cams and all have been bullets. 
Right on!  Thanks guys.  That's an easy call and $100 savings :)
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Just a heads up but the Reolink PTZ RLC-423 is on sale at Amazon for 192.99 today. Might have to be a prime member to get it since it's under today's deals.
Reolink PTZ
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just a heads up but the Reolink PTZ RLC-423 is on sale at Amazon for 192.99 today. Might have to be a prime member to get it since it's under today's deals.
Reolink PTZ
View Quote
Back up.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#20]
anyone install their's yet?  I just ordered the 8-camera set-up. do u need a seperate power connection for EVERY camera thats set up? or does it receive power from the CAT6 cable? if each camera needs its own power line connected, wtf do u do when there is no outlet for at least 20-30 feet?   i dont want to cut open the box & break seals if I need power outlet @ every camera site.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
anyone install their's yet?  I just ordered the 8-camera set-up. do u need a seperate power connection for EVERY camera thats set up? or does it receive power from the CAT6 cable? if each camera needs its own power line connected, wtf do u do when there is no outlet for at least 20-30 feet?   i dont want to cut open the box & break seals if I need power outlet @ every camera site.
View Quote
PoE = Power over ethernet. The power for the cameras is provided by the ethernet cable that comes with the package. The data (video/audio) feed is provided over the same cable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top