Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2017 4:00:09 PM EDT
Looking for a new safe with a budget of around $1,000. I know this is on the low side but what would you recommend. Looking for 45-60min fire protection and as big as I can get for my budget. Any advice?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:28:25 AM EDT
[#2]
With your asking requirements, you are not going to be getting much steel for a safe.  That example you have for us is 14 gauge, even worse for the door.  I think that the steel is too thin to protect anything.  But any safe is better than none so I would look at Steelwater safes.  Also look into the big box stores if you have them in your area.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Just found a Fatboy Jr by Liberty that is marked down to $1199. Is that a good buy on that safe?  They have good reviews it seems. 
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:16:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Cabelas had a sale going on last week when i was browsing, the cabelas branded liberty safes were marked down pretty good, for few hundred more plus shipping you could probably find something not too dissapointing. Better yet if you have a cabelas near by.

I'm in the same boat, but just saving till i have enogh to get something i will be happy and comfortable enough with, it sucks in the mean time. The toys tempt us and there goes the money to get the protection for the toys, like i said it sucks!

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, it does. 

From the research I have done, that price on the Fatboy Jr of $1199 seems really good compared to other sites. 
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, it does. 

From the research I have done, that price on the Fatboy Jr of $1199 seems really good compared to other sites. 
View Quote
I had a similar thread a little while back.  After a few set backs I got a Fatboy JR delivered in my garage with the Electronic dial for $1250.  Loving this safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top